Huawei Watch GT

samsungXP

Reaction score
But I tried with the store unit and it was really inaccurate. I am familiar with watch HRM placement and I tried different positions and firmness against wrist. But a HR of 48-55 at the store, standing, is really way off. I am not a marathoner!
then the sensor might got problem

Sent from Honor 10 Phantom Blue using GAGT

Andrewtst

Reaction score
But I tried with the store unit and it was really inaccurate. I am familiar with watch HRM placement and I tried different positions and firmness against wrist. But a HR of 48-55 at the store, standing, is really way off. I am not a marathoner!
No issue for me as well. My HR is accurate

Fizzical

Reaction score
Or you bought Huawei Watch 2 with classic?

Nope. See below:

ei8brm.png

Already gotten the watch.

Fizzical

Reaction score
Well after using it, it seriously sucks. Willing to offload it for those interested.

samsungXP

Reaction score
Well after using it, it seriously sucks. Willing to offload it for those interested.
different ppl different taste.maybe galaxy watch suitable for u.For me so far good enuff

Fizzical

Reaction score
Do you realise they don't have total calories burn which includes your BMR based on your height, weight, and age? That's the basic a high end fitness tracker should have.

samsungXP

Reaction score
Do you realise they don't have total calories burn which includes your BMR based on your height, weight, and age? That's the basic a high end fitness tracker should have.
i think have

aallzz

Reaction score
You need to set your weight and height in the Health App.

Calories are shown during workout.

afterwards you can check it in the App, or the upper button of the watch and then go to Workout records.

Fizzical

Reaction score
As I said in the workout record in your watch or in the App

Only the total activity calories which is 300 +/- based on the activity done on that day.

Coming from FitBit Ionic, they take into account your BMR + activity calories. So there are days I will have 2900 - 3200 calories burn if I workout at the end of the day i.e. 2359hrs. If I don't use the watch, it assumes I am not moving at all and will have a BMR of 2100 or so.

For Watch GT, no BMR is being calculated but my activity calorie is 600 calorie due to my steps and my workout. So I need to add this "600" into a manually calculated BMR. Then I will know my "total" calories expenditure per day and therefore can calorie count so that I can be at deficit.

I think this is the only greatest problem with Huawei Watch GT. Its really weird they omit this BMR data when this is supported by FirstBeat, the developer for Watch GT exercise app.

https://www.firstbeat.com/en/consumer-feature/calories-burned/

For exercise and its other data, Heart Rate monitor, Sleep monitor, connectivity, elegance, battery life is top notch. Better than Ionic for sure.

samsungXP

Reaction score
Only the total activity calories which is 300 +/- based on the activity done on that day.

Coming from FitBit Ionic, they take into account your BMR + activity calories. So there are days I will have 2900 - 3200 calories burn if I workout at the end of the day i.e. 2359hrs. If I don't use the watch, it assumes I am not moving at all and will have a BMR of 2100 or so.

For Watch GT, no BMR is being calculated but my activity calorie is 600 calorie due to my steps and my workout. So I need to add this "600" into a manually calculated BMR. Then I will know my "total" calories expenditure per day and therefore can calorie count so that I can be at deficit.

I think this is the only greatest problem with Huawei Watch GT. Its really weird they omit this BMR data when this is supported by FirstBeat, the developer for Watch GT exercise app.

https://www.firstbeat.com/en/consumer-feature/calories-burned/

For exercise and its other data, Heart Rate monitor, Sleep monitor, connectivity, elegance, battery life is top notch. Better than Ionic for sure.
different watch different features

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get the Watch GT so went down to take a look at the watch. I'll have to wait for the next gen one as the current one seems very laggy while navigating. Seems to be running at only 15-20 fps instead of the usual 30/60.

samsungXP

Reaction score
Wanted to get the Watch GT so went down to take a look at the watch. I'll have to wait for the next gen one as the current one seems very laggy while navigating. Seems to be running at only 15-20 fps instead of the usual 30/60.
bcoz never update to latest firmware.After update no more lag.How u know it is running 15-20 fps

Andrewtst

Reaction score
Actually it is smooth already in latest update. I can't said 100% smooth everywhere but it is at least 95% smooth.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.