HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LG G watch Urbane anyone?

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2016, 12:36 AM   #211
Great Supremacy Member

does your urbane still crash every now and then ?
Mine never crash.

Apparently last time my problem with the green blinking error i feel is because the watch face not compatible with the current Android Wear i had on phone.

Watch face meant for Android Wear 1.3 but mine on phone was 1.5.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 09:21 PM   #212

The green light will blink from time to time. Anyway you can do a sync from android wear on your phone if you suspect that is the issue.

Anyway nice watch and am liking it. Great > 1 day batt life for me with always on mode. Here're some faces I have been using:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1he...0BzqQHWYPJMFTA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e9...DoTgtM7g8Ej2aw

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VV...lS7JVyTK4Kc2-g

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D_...JVxK9iOGR5jIHQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n2...unXzBt5RxL2uzQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EC...rKWUGSlxz8Gjmw
Old 17-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #213

Easiest is to get a cheap prepaid with data
hi tohchr,

pardon me but still at a loss on how this work...just got the watch ytdy.
if a diff sim, does it mean when u answer or reply texts it will appear a diff no? what's the diff if the sim is a multi sim with the phone? have not really got time to fiddle wit it as wife wants to wear it cos it such a piece of work even without full functions

would really appreciate some tips. TIA.
eting72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 01:14 PM   #214
Supremacy Member

hi tohchr,

pardon me but still at a loss on how this work...just got the watch ytdy.
if a diff sim, does it mean when u answer or reply texts it will appear a diff no? what's the diff if the sim is a multi sim with the phone? have not really got time to fiddle wit it as wife wants to wear it cos it such a piece of work even without full functions

would really appreciate some tips. TIA.
Under the "settings, cellular, advanced, watch shares same number as phone", highlight it if u are using another number. If using multi sim which have the same number as your main, then no need.

tohchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #215
Supremacy Member

After u paired with your phone, SMS and calls or even WhatsApp wechat messages will come thru the watch regardless of which sim is in your watch. It can push the messages thru network and not only Bluetooth.

Old 17-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #216

After u paired with your phone, SMS and calls or even WhatsApp wechat messages will come thru the watch regardless of which sim is in your watch. It can push the messages thru network and not only Bluetooth.
thank you!
another question. the data and calls charges will be from the prepaid if u call and reply messages from phone?
Old 17-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #217
Great Supremacy Member

Under the "settings, cellular, advanced, watch shares same number as phone", highlight it if u are using another number. If using multi sim which have the same number as your main, then no need.
Haven't got chance to really test out the cellular section, need to go get a prepaid card for it. Of course I can use the prepaid card my company gives me but its in my old phone which still uses normal sim.
Old 17-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #218
Supremacy Member

thank you!
another question. the data and calls charges will be from the prepaid if u call and reply messages from phone?
If the watch is connected via Bluetooth to the phone, usage will be on the phone. If connected via network, then usage will be on the sim card in the watch.

Old 17-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #219

If the watch is connected via Bluetooth to the phone, usage will be on the phone. If connected via network, then usage will be on the sim card in the watch.
thanks again.
what will be a good prepaid u would recommend? one that dosen't expire in a short time and needs topping up frequently....

Last edited by eting72; 17-05-2016 at 04:51 PM..
Old 17-05-2016, 05:02 PM   #220
Great Supremacy Member

thanks again.
what will be a good prepaid u would recommend? one that dosen't expire in a short time and needs topping up frequently....
Actually prepaid cards, you must always monitor. The only good thing is unused data can always be brought forward to the following month at a small fee of $1 or $2. Saves you quite abit.

If i'm not wrong, Singtel's prepaid only support 3G.
Old 17-05-2016, 06:37 PM   #221
Supremacy Member

thanks again.
Sorry bro, me not very well verse in prepaid. There a thread in the mobile forum(not the sub forum eg, Samsung, Sony), all about best value prepaid. Maybe u can get your answer from that thread.

Old 17-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #222
Great Supremacy Member

Friend of mine working at ah beng handphone shop says now all the current produced Urbane 2nd edition glass screen protectors can't cover screen fully.

Not sure about those hoot from Amazon.
Old 17-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #223

Sorry bro, me not very well verse in prepaid. There a thread in the mobile forum(not the sub forum eg, Samsung, Sony), all about best value prepaid. Maybe u can get your answer from that thread.
no worries! thanks.
Old 17-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #224

Friend of mine working at ah beng handphone shop says now all the current produced Urbane 2nd edition glass screen protectors can't cover screen fully.

Not sure about those hoot from Amazon.
getting mine from lazada but delivery will take a while....
Old 17-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #225

tried calling with watch connected to phone through Bluetooth but once I choose contact and select call...it just exits to main screen. anything I doing wrong?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.