HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation for a Blood Pressure monitor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2018, 07:42 AM   #1

Recommendation for a Blood Pressure monitor

Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy a bluetooth blood pressure monitor. I am not looking at big brands like Omron. I came across this local brand in Lazada https://www.lazada.sg/products/wirel...15827496.html? Price and features looks good to me and on par with big brands.

Before I buy this, I need to get some reviews from people out here. Have anyone of you tried this? Please share your comments and recommendations

Thanks
Old 06-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #2

Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy a bluetooth blood pressure monitor. I am not looking at big brands like Omron. I came across this local brand in Lazada https://www.lazada.sg/products/wirel...15827496.html? Price and features looks good to me and on par with big brands.

Before I buy this, I need to get some reviews from people out here. Have anyone of you tried this? Please share your comments and recommendations

Thanks
I bought this recently for my parents and its working fine. I would say the readings are pretty accurate and they can operate it easily. I think you have made a good choice.
bhuvan2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:27 AM   #3

I bought this recently for my parents and its working fine. I would say the readings are pretty accurate and they can operate it easily. I think you have made a good choice.
Thanks for the feedback bhuvan2016. Any other feedback guys???
Old 08-06-2018, 01:51 AM   #4

i'm not sure what is your priority when purchasing a BPM.

I recently bought one BPM, and the bluetooth feature costs too much premium for me to consider. In addition, to manually enter the BPM readings into an app for daily tracking purpose, is not too hard. As a result, I resorted to buying a "stupid" model.
However, the reading accuracy is my priority. And after reading through several clinical papers, I was convinced to buy the model I am using now.

FYI: the registration with HSA/FDA/CE, doesn't imply that the product is accurate. In addition, there is no such thing as "HSA-approved" - there is only "HSA registered". If you forward the Lazada link to HSA, the company would be in trouble.

If you must get a BT version of BPM, based on my earlier research, there is only 1 model that was reviewed and recommended clinically, and yes, it is from the big brand.
wind77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:15 AM   #5

i'm not sure what is your priority when purchasing a BPM.

I recently bought one BPM, and the bluetooth feature costs too much premium for me to consider. In addition, to manually enter the BPM readings into an app for daily tracking purpose, is not too hard. As a result, I resorted to buying a "stupid" model.
However, the reading accuracy is my priority. And after reading through several clinical papers, I was convinced to buy the model I am using now.

FYI: the registration with HSA/FDA/CE, doesn't imply that the product is accurate. In addition, there is no such thing as "HSA-approved" - there is only "HSA registered". If you forward the Lazada link to HSA, the company would be in trouble.

If you must get a BT version of BPM, based on my earlier research, there is only 1 model that was reviewed and recommended clinically, and yes, it is from the big brand.
Hi @wind77
Thanks for your comments. There was an offer in Lazada and I ordered it yesterday, as I thought the price was reasonable enough. Hope I will receive it soon and I will share my feedbacks after using it

Thanks
Old 27-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #6

I am using an Omron. works quite well. but I heard that you will need to calibrate it with your doctor if you are using it for long term monitoring.
OptimalPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 07:41 PM   #7

Hi All,

I have been using this Blood Pressure Monitor from Medcheck for more than 2 weeks now and I am pretty much impressed. The readings are accurate and it connects seamlessly to the app without much issues.
Whenever a reading is taken, it is automatically transfered to the app ( no need to manually enter) and our added contacts and doctors are notified, which I feel will be a good feature and serves the purpose, especially if we are buying for our parents and all.
Need to monitor over long period on how the performance goes. But as of now, its worth the dollars spend
Overall, I am satisfied with the purchase. I will surely recommend this.

Thanks
Old 28-06-2018, 08:05 PM   #8

The readings are accurate
Do u mind to share: how do you know the readings are accurate?
Old 30-06-2018, 09:59 PM   #9

Do u mind to share: how do you know the readings are accurate?
I meant, it is supposed to be what it is. I had checked at guardian before and nothing changed in lifestyle after that. so I am assuming it to be accurate
Old 30-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #10

I am assuming it to be accurate
oic.
Good to know.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:38 AM   #11

One way to check if your BPM is accurate is to compare your reading with the ones taken by clinics or doctor.

Another way is to bring your BPM during one of your check up to have the doc or nurses inform you the correct method of using the device too.

My parents been taking their blood pressure daily and the reading shows normal or low but when they had their bp check in the clinic, the reading is high. After bring the BPM to the doctor, he taught them the proper way of using it and now they get more accurate reading.
Aditshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.