Samsung Galaxy Watch

wormee

Reaction score
For those who are not using sleeping tracking, do you turn off your GW in the night at the end of the day?

After monitoring for 2 days, it consumes about 25% of battery on standby throughout the night even when not wearing it. Had it full charge at 6am yesterday. On standard settings and by 10pm I still have 69%. Woke up this morning with 45% left.

First time owning a smart watch. Am having the 42mm on. Typically last me from full charge on a morning till 2nd night say 10pm. It's less den 2 days of battery life.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who are not using sleeping tracking, do you turn off your GW in the night at the end of the day?

After monitoring for 2 days, it consumes about 25% of battery on standby throughout the night even when not wearing it. Had it full charge at 6am yesterday. On standard settings and by 10pm I still have 69%. Woke up this morning with 45% left.

First time owning a smart watch. Am having the 42mm on. Typically last me from full charge on a morning till 2nd night say 10pm. It's less den 2 days of battery life.

I wore it through the night to track my sleep patterns. It consumed 5% throughout my sleep. Take note that I turned off the heart rate though

Do you have heart rate turned on every 10mins?

wormee

Reaction score
I wore it through the night to track my sleep patterns. It consumed 5% throughout my sleep. Take note that I turned off the heart rate though

Do you have heart rate turned on every 10mins?

Yes i did have the heart rate turned on every 10mins. Useful? If I turn it off, when I start activity (for example Cycling), would it auto measure of I have to do it manually?

Cheers.

vengence_angels

Reaction score
I don't really need/want the smartwatch features so I will be keeping my Garmin.

Coincidentally I am using the vivoactive 3 now but the music version.

Works great.

I think Galaxy Watch is more of a smart watch rather than a fitness tracker. Garmin and Fitbit should be more suitable when dealing with fitness data. I sold my Garmin viviactive 3 after using it for 4 months. It was great as a fitness tracker but sux to be a smart watch lol. The worst thing is it can't read Chinese characters coz it's English version lol.

vengence_angels

Reaction score
My old series 2 works well. Even during swimming.

I think Apple watch is the best of both worlds..fitness tracking and smart watch features..

Galaxy watch has some catching up to do.

apple...?maybe series 4? Old series the tracking a bit off 1 leh...while in spinning class..I saw the auntie next to me..age around 40 to 50..her heart rate on her aw showing 190bpm...but she just look relaxed...how can auntie that old achieve 190?

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes i did have the heart rate turned on every 10mins. Useful? If I turn it off, when I start activity (for example Cycling), would it auto measure of I have to do it manually?

Cheers.
I have tried it while walking, it will still auto track, but I think the heart rate will not be recorded.

altca4

Reaction score
You all bought a nice good smart watch.... just use it and enjoy la

Why suddenly go and worry this worry that esp. the battery consumption, hr accuracy etc.

Why do you buy the GW in the first place ? .... frankly I think you all should buy a Casio digital watch better....

YOLO.... life is short.... chill

Yes, stay chill, everyone should in all situations.
However, we have the rights to chill smartly, master and understand our gadgets pre and post purchase.
That's the fun part at least for myself.
What's the point of getting a white elephant?

With your theory, live and be happy with a Nokia 8210, accidentally dropped it, break the planet(not the phone) and continue to yolo!
Lol

Last edited:

wormee

Reaction score
Yeah. Actually you guys are right. I buy it and I enjoy the HR monitor, workout detection and the functions linking to a Samsung phone. Am enjoying it.
I dun mind charging it now and den. As long as it last me a day is good enough.

Cheers.

ssyyzz

Reaction score
Samsung Pay

Hey, has anyone tried using Samsung Pay on the watch? I tried it at Giant and 7-11 but both places also cannot use, had to resort to using my phone. I tried emailing Samsung Support, but they told me that "Only the device with LTE function are able to support Samsung Pay."

Is this true? Or does the person replying me not know his Galaxy Watch?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow are u sure? $365 inclusive of wireless charger? 42mm or 46mm?
Update: Kasia Mobile replied me on Carousell, 46mm @ $365 and NO free Samsung wireless charging pad lol.

Yesterday WA them, the person reply me say 46mm $365 inclusive of wireless charging dock. I watch reviews on Youtube, they open the box, inside all got the wireless dock leh.

wormee

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone tried using Samsung Pay on the watch? I tried it at Giant and 7-11 but both places also cannot use, had to resort to using my phone. I tried emailing Samsung Support, but they told me that "Only the device with LTE function are able to support Samsung Pay."

Hi, where did you purchase your GW from?

Mine is a Bluetooth version and it works. I had used it a few times already. You need to set it up on your watch and import your cards from your phone's Samsung Pay to start using it.

wormee

Reaction score
Yesterday WA them, the person reply me say 46mm $365 inclusive of wireless charging dock. I watch reviews on Youtube, they open the box, inside all got the wireless dock leh.

One is talking about the free wireless charging pad from Samsung, the other is talking about the charging dock that comes with the watch.

Both 42mm and 46mm comes with a default charging dock lea.

Cheers.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Wireless charging dock is included in the package but I am talking about Samsung wireless charging pad lol. They are two DIFFERENT item.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wireless charging dock is included in the package but I am talking about Samsung wireless charging pad lol. They are two DIFFERENT item.

One is talking about the free wireless charging pad from Samsung, the other is talking about the charging dock that comes with the watch.

Both 42mm and 46mm comes with a default charging dock lea.

Cheers.

Ohh. Pai seh pai seh. I mixed up.

But anyway I'm gonna hoot the Samsung Duo wireless charger. Not sure whether Kasia got stocks for it or not.

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, where did you purchase your GW from?

Mine is a Bluetooth version and it works. I had used it a few times already. You need to set it up on your watch and import your cards from your phone's Samsung Pay to start using it.
Do you need to have the phone with you to use Samsung pay? Or can leave the phone at home and go out with just the watch to use Samsung pay?

altca4

Reaction score

Works on nfc compatible devices like those pay wave type. Had done 2 successful transaction so far

wormee

Reaction score
Do you need to have the phone with you to use Samsung pay? Or can leave the phone at home and go out with just the watch to use Samsung pay?

I have not tried using only the watch without the phone but I guess need.

Technically speaking for Bluetooth version it should need the phone else you have no connections for the watch to authenticate the payment.

coolfire

Reaction score
I have not tried using only the watch without the phone but I guess need.

Technically speaking for Bluetooth version it should need the phone else you have no connections for the watch to authenticate the payment.
Correct. Since there is no MST built in the GW as well. Which is why I'm waiting for the LTE model :)

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.