HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Watch

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 08:29 AM   #361

My old series 2 works well. Even during swimming.

I think Apple watch is the best of both worlds..fitness tracking and smart watch features..

Galaxy watch has some catching up to do.

apple...?maybe series 4? Old series the tracking a bit off 1 leh...while in spinning class..I saw the auntie next to me..age around 40 to 50..her heart rate on her aw showing 190bpm...but she just look relaxed...how can auntie that old achieve 190?

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT
vengence_angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:30 AM   #362
Master Member

Yes i did have the heart rate turned on every 10mins. Useful? If I turn it off, when I start activity (for example Cycling), would it auto measure of I have to do it manually?

Cheers.
I have tried it while walking, it will still auto track, but I think the heart rate will not be recorded.
Jurong640 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #363

You all bought a nice good smart watch.... just use it and enjoy la

Why suddenly go and worry this worry that esp. the battery consumption, hr accuracy etc.

Why do you buy the GW in the first place ? .... frankly I think you all should buy a Casio digital watch better....

YOLO.... life is short.... chill
Yes, stay chill, everyone should in all situations.
However, we have the rights to chill smartly, master and understand our gadgets pre and post purchase.
That's the fun part at least for myself.
What's the point of getting a white elephant?

With your theory, live and be happy with a Nokia 8210, accidentally dropped it, break the planet(not the phone) and continue to yolo!
Lol
wwh5210 likes this.

Last edited by altca4; 11-10-2018 at 09:50 AM..
altca4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #364

Yeah. Actually you guys are right. I buy it and I enjoy the HR monitor, workout detection and the functions linking to a Samsung phone. Am enjoying it.
I dun mind charging it now and den. As long as it last me a day is good enough.

Cheers.
wormee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #365

Samsung Pay

Hey, has anyone tried using Samsung Pay on the watch? I tried it at Giant and 7-11 but both places also cannot use, had to resort to using my phone. I tried emailing Samsung Support, but they told me that "Only the device with LTE function are able to support Samsung Pay."

Is this true? Or does the person replying me not know his Galaxy Watch?
ssyyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:40 PM   #366
Great Supremacy Member

Wow are u sure? $365 inclusive of wireless charger? 42mm or 46mm?
Update: Kasia Mobile replied me on Carousell, 46mm @ $365 and NO free Samsung wireless charging pad lol.
Yesterday WA them, the person reply me say 46mm $365 inclusive of wireless charging dock. I watch reviews on Youtube, they open the box, inside all got the wireless dock leh.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #367

Hey, has anyone tried using Samsung Pay on the watch? I tried it at Giant and 7-11 but both places also cannot use, had to resort to using my phone. I tried emailing Samsung Support, but they told me that "Only the device with LTE function are able to support Samsung Pay."

Hi, where did you purchase your GW from?

Mine is a Bluetooth version and it works. I had used it a few times already. You need to set it up on your watch and import your cards from your phone's Samsung Pay to start using it.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #368

Yesterday WA them, the person reply me say 46mm $365 inclusive of wireless charging dock. I watch reviews on Youtube, they open the box, inside all got the wireless dock leh.
One is talking about the free wireless charging pad from Samsung, the other is talking about the charging dock that comes with the watch.

Both 42mm and 46mm comes with a default charging dock lea.

Cheers.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #369

Wireless charging dock is included in the package but I am talking about Samsung wireless charging pad lol. They are two DIFFERENT item.
wwh5210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #370
Great Supremacy Member

Wireless charging dock is included in the package but I am talking about Samsung wireless charging pad lol. They are two DIFFERENT item.
One is talking about the free wireless charging pad from Samsung, the other is talking about the charging dock that comes with the watch.

Both 42mm and 46mm comes with a default charging dock lea.

Cheers.
Ohh. Pai seh pai seh. I mixed up.

But anyway I'm gonna hoot the Samsung Duo wireless charger. Not sure whether Kasia got stocks for it or not.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:33 PM   #371
Master Member

Hi, where did you purchase your GW from?

Mine is a Bluetooth version and it works. I had used it a few times already. You need to set it up on your watch and import your cards from your phone's Samsung Pay to start using it.
Do you need to have the phone with you to use Samsung pay? Or can leave the phone at home and go out with just the watch to use Samsung pay?
PeasantBeing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #372

Works on nfc compatible devices like those pay wave type. Had done 2 successful transaction so far
altca4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:22 PM   #373

Do you need to have the phone with you to use Samsung pay? Or can leave the phone at home and go out with just the watch to use Samsung pay?

Yup...anyone knows?
ieast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #374

Anyone knows if Samsung watch supports sending voice messages on WhatsApp or other apps?
cweihang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:13 PM   #375

I have not tried using only the watch without the phone but I guess need.

Technically speaking for Bluetooth version it should need the phone else you have no connections for the watch to authenticate the payment.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.