Which smartwatch/fitness tracker to get?

AWholeNewWorld

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to get a Smartwatch/Fitness tracker for daily use. Looking for something to be,
- Aesthetically good looking
- watch-proof as i might be wearing to run.
- Bluetooth+Internal storage as i might paired it with a wireless headset to go out for run/gym
- good to have those heartrate/fitness/calories those kind of tracker
(in this order)

Sorry, i read a lot of reviews and got a bit over-loaded with all the information. A bit hard to get one that is aesthetically good+functional+water proof. (Leather watch to run a bit over)

EDIT: Android phone user here.

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Consider the Samsung Gear S3. It looks very good as a watch - choose from either the Classic or Frontier versions depending on your preferred look.

It is IP68 certified - meaning water proof enough for your purposes although you can't swim with it. It has all the fitness functions that you need and if you get the Frontier version that comes with LTE, you can even make calls etc on your watch without bringing your phone with you during your workout!

Unlike other Android Wear smartwatches, the Gear S3 runs on its own OS (Tizen) which has fewer apps on the apps market. In return, you get Samsung Pay on your watch (buy a drink on your run without wallet or phone), the critically acclaimed rotating bezel to control watch functions and an Always On Display (AOD). The lugs are also standard 22mm ones, meaning you can buy lots of third party straps (get those with quick release pins), and you can change your watch straps to your heart's content - leather or metal for style, silicone or canvas for workouts, the choice is yours!

The Gear S3 is arguably one of the best smartwatches available right now, even when considering the Apple Watch. And it fits all your needs.

Sent from Sent from Sony Xperia using GAGT

Last edited:

AWholeNewWorld

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm actually looking at it, but the price of about 550 seems very pricy to me. If with headset might even cost me near to 1k already.
Looking for alternatives and advise very gurus around. if no then i might consider this S3.

pclum

Reaction score
miband 2 cost u only 37 from Lazada but without warranty. It measure step, heat beat, sleep and best of all, battery last for 20 day. I bought one and it work quite ok for me.

AWholeNewWorld

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
miband 2 cost u only 37 from Lazada but without warranty. It measure step, heat beat, sleep and best of all, battery last for 20 day. I bought one and it work quite ok for me.

Aesthically not good looking...:(

INFOFIX

Reaction score
The Samsung Gear S3 seems to be the best bet. Plus it looks beautiful also.

heedmycall

Reaction score
try the gear fit 2 they are always on sale at qoo10. good entry to mess around with. then can upgrade if you like it

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Super dry sorry fitness tracker any good? $209. Last Sunday there's 10% discount.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.