Getting married overseas

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering has anyone married overseas instead of Singapore?
What do we have to do once back in Singapore? Do we re-register our marriage or is there a way to update the system to say we are married?

ILOVESIC

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering has anyone married overseas instead of Singapore?
What do we have to do once back in Singapore? Do we re-register our marriage or is there a way to update the system to say we are married?

Hi, both my fiance and I am planning to have our wedding in Bali. Based from our research, usually couples rom in singapore first before proceeding to overseas for the wedding celebrations. However, if you wish to get legalise in overseas i would suggest that you hire a wedding planner to assist you with the relevant documents(usually need to pay a small fee for processing/translation)

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Hi, both my fiance and I am planning to have our wedding in Bali. Based from our research, usually couples rom in singapore first before proceeding to overseas for the wedding celebrations. However, if you wish to get legalise in overseas i would suggest that you hire a wedding planner to assist you with the relevant documents(usually need to pay a small fee for processing/translation)

We are planning to register in New Zealand. So everything is ok.
But just wondering when u come back sg do u re-register

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.