HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Proposal Ring - Part 2

Like Tree916Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #8911

Dropped by the second time.. Jerome allowed us to take some photos and there you go! I don't think I can upload them though.. I think not enough post.. -.-"
Anw, more or less decided on the Brellia already. He showed us the diamond under the scope to see the certificate number! Looks so cool~

You need to check the number on the diamond to tally with its certificate. This is to check the diamond I'm seeing is the legit one. Then when the ring is done, they will still show again.. Didn't know need to check so many things.. haha.

p.s can someone help me post?

ht tp://i.imgur.com/gbRWL1d.jpg
ht tp://i.imgur.com/tWVCldy.jpg
ht tp://i.imgur.com/CmHlExL.jpg
ht tp://i.imgur.com/zQDf6SC.jpg
haha yups! Have to check. I think its like the SOP. You will also be checking it when collecting your ring.
Old 30-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #8912

Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it much.

Want to get some advice on the setting as well.. I personally prefer this type where the part connecting the ring to the diamond looks smoother

But am wondering which will look better for 0.3c….
It looks like one is in compass orientation and the other is in the classic orientation.

Main differences:

Compass 4 prongs : Diamond will look rounder, but harder to flush with wedding band

Classic 4 prongs: Diamond will look squarish, but easier to flush with wedding band

6 prongs: Diamond will look rounder, but lesser diamond can be seen. Easier to flush with wedding band

So ultimately, depends on whether you want the diamond to be seen as round or squarish.

Last edited by thesal; 30-09-2015 at 03:38 PM..
Old 30-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #8913

Is it ok to have a little cloud on the diamond ?
Yes it's common n it can't be seen with the naked eye. As long as it's vs2 and above it wouldn't affect the performance much.
Old 30-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #8914

Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it much.

Want to get some advice on the setting as well.. I personally prefer this type where the part connecting the ring to the diamond looks smoother

as compared to this type

But am wondering which will look better for 0.3c….
The compass setting will make the diamond look rounder instead of squarish. I personally think compass is better because the diamond will look rounder, otherwise the 4 claw square setting makes the diamond look like a princess cut from afar, then I see no point in choosing a round brilliant diamond. It's my personal preference, of cos, everyone has their own set of opinions
Old 30-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #8915
High Supremacy Member

It looks like one is in compass orientation and the other is in the classic orientation.

Main differences:

Compass 4 prongs : Diamond will look rounder, but harder to flush with wedding band

Classic 4 prongs: Diamond will look squarish, but easier to flush with wedding band

6 prongs: Diamond will look rounder, but lesser diamond can be seen. Easier to flush with wedding band

So ultimately, depends on whether you want the diamond to be seen as round or squarish.
what u mean by flush with wedding band?
Old 30-09-2015, 11:42 PM   #8916

I think it means both the diamond ring and the wedding band don't sit well nicely without any gap in between the band of the diamond ring and the wedding band. Usually compass settings that are of twisted designs will cause a gap when u stack your wedding ring above. However, there are compass 4 prongs settings without the twisted design. Try to google '4 prong twisted compass setting', you'll know wat i mean!
Old 01-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #8917

Smile

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Just got my ring today from the bf!

My bf and I booked an appt with Jannpaul about a month plus ago and we were served by Vince. Just when I thought it was a tough decision to make to decide on the size and specs of the diamond, the setting actually was tougher to decide. I initially already had smth in mind and showed it to Vince, but I was rather indecisive as I didnt feel that it was 'the one'. So Vince suggested sending me a 3D render of how the ring will look like. He was really efficient and I received it within a few working days. After receiving the pictures, I then started to consider if I wanted any side diamonds on the setting. I contacted Vince again and he agreed immediately to me that he will get the designer to do up the render this time with the side diamonds, and he sent it to me within a few working days before I paid another visit to JP to try out the rings with and without the diamonds. And as again, I couldn't decide between both and the bf didnt really help much cos he said both are nice.

As all along we have decided on a 6 prong, I decided to take some time to look around on google/pinterest and instagram for ideas and designs of classic settings before deciding on this one while my bf told Vince to put the crafting of the ring on hold. I sent pictures of how I wanted the setting to look like, and I soon got the pictures of the render again from Vince I made some final adjustments (cos i wanted a higher setting) and sent the final piece with all my doodlng to Vince and he replied with the renders again before I (FINALLY) gave him my confirmation.

The ring really looks very beautiful IRL as compared to the 3D render. It was prettier than I had expected. I actually requested for Vince to make the prongs as thin as possible so that they wouldn't block too much of the diamond and he assured me that he will let the prongs be the thinnest possible yet keeping it thick enough to support the diamond because of security reasons.

I must say that he is really very patient and professional, and he has not once shown any frustrations despite my indecisiveness. He also replies me very promptly and clears whatever doubts I have about my ring. Overall, I am really glad that my bf and I decided to purchase the ring from jannpaul (after taking a look at other jewellers) because I have not seen a diamond so sparkly and bright before and I can't stop looking at it! It was indeed a very joyful diamond ring hunting experience with Vince and JP, and we are extremely glad that we were served by him.

I have attached the renders from the initial to the end product for all of you to take a look.

Initial Inspiration
[/IMG]
Initial Render
[/IMG]

Final Render

Scylla and Sessygurl143 like this.

Last edited by Squeaxx; 01-10-2015 at 12:41 AM..
Old 01-10-2015, 01:30 AM   #8918
Supremacy Member

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

My bf and I booked an appt with Jannpaul about a month plus ago and we were served by Vince. Just when I thought it was a tough decision to make to decide on the size and specs of the diamond, the setting actually was tougher to decide. I initially already had smth in mind and showed it to Vince, but I was rather indecisive as I didnt feel that it was 'the one'. So Vince suggested sending me a 3D render of how the ring will look like. He was really efficient and I received it within a few working days. After receiving the pictures, I then started to consider if I wanted any side diamonds on the setting. I contacted Vince again and he agreed immediately to me that he will get the designer to do up the render this time with the side diamonds, and he sent it to me within a few working days before I paid another visit to JP to try out the rings with and without the diamonds. And as again, I couldn't decide between both and the bf didnt really help much cos he said both are nice.

As all along we have decided on a 6 prong, I decided to take some time to look around on google/pinterest and instagram for ideas and designs of classic settings before deciding on this one while my bf told Vince to put the crafting of the ring on hold. I sent pictures of how I wanted the setting to look like, and I soon got the pictures of the render again from Vince I made some final adjustments (cos i wanted a higher setting) and sent the final piece with all my doodlng to Vince and he replied with the renders again before I (FINALLY) gave him my confirmation.

The ring really looks very beautiful IRL as compared to the 3D render. It was prettier than I had expected. I actually requested for Vince to make the prongs as thin as possible so that they wouldn't block too much of the diamond and he assured me that he will let the prongs be the thinnest possible yet keeping it thick enough to support the diamond because of security reasons.

I must say that he is really very patient and professional, and he has not once shown any frustrations despite my indecisiveness. He also replies me very promptly and clears whatever doubts I have about my ring. Overall, I am really glad that my bf and I decided to purchase the ring from jannpaul (after taking a look at other jewellers) because I have not seen a diamond so sparkly and bright before and I can't stop looking at it! It was indeed a very joyful diamond ring hunting experience with Vince and JP, and we are extremely glad that we were served by him.

I have attached the renders from the initial to the end product for all of you to take a look.

Initial Inspiration
[/IMG]
Initial Render
[/IMG]

Final Render

may i know which part of the setting did you customise, seems pretty normal leh.

sorry if im too direct
Old 01-10-2015, 05:31 AM   #8919

may i know which part of the setting did you customise, seems pretty normal leh.

sorry if im too direct
To customize, is to build, alter or modify something according to personal preference and individual specifications. For example, before the final render of the current design, the prongs were initially higher; but I requested to increase the thickness of the part of the setting below the prongs, and decrease the height of the prongs slightly, while still keeping the overall height of the ring. From the beginning until finally, my setting turned out to be totally different as to what was intended despite keeping the decision at 6 prongs whilst I kept the overall design classic.
You must have thought that customization means to have smth fanciful as a final product, but it doesn't necessarily have to be so.

Last edited by Squeaxx; 01-10-2015 at 06:09 AM..
Old 01-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #8920

@Squeaxx nice ring!

your ring setting looks quite similar to mine but mine is nicer
Squeaxx likes this.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #8921

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Initial Inspiration
[/IMG]
Initial Render
[/IMG]

Final Render

Pretty photos and ring! Your final ring looks just like the 3D picture =)
Your diamond looks very big too! Is it because you made the diamond sit higher?
Old 01-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #8922

Wow! Looks so niceeeee~
I wanted to do 6 claw too but if I'm going for Brellia, 4 claw will look nicer. So Brellia or 6 claw? hahahaha
Old 01-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #8923

Pretty photos and ring! Your final ring looks just like the 3D picture =)
Your diamond looks very big too! Is it because you made the diamond sit higher?
Thank you! I thought the claws still look quite thick in the 3D render; but thank god it turned out to be just as I like it!
Yes , the slightly higher setting helps to create an illusion that the diamond is being 'pushed' upwards, plus 6 prongs settings are generally recommended for bigger diamonds as it will make the diamond look rounder and bigger. Lastly, I chose to make it tapered (where the part of the ring gets narrower nearer to the diamond), played a part as well!

Last edited by Squeaxx; 01-10-2015 at 12:59 PM..
Old 01-10-2015, 12:47 PM   #8924

Wow! Looks so niceeeee~
I wanted to do 6 claw too but if I'm going for Brellia, 4 claw will look nicer. So Brellia or 6 claw? hahahaha
Thank you!
I think 6 prongs suit round diamonds better. If ure gg for brellia then 4!! If not 6 will look weird because the brellia has 4 sides ma haha I think now ure deciding between round or brellia?

Last edited by Squeaxx; 01-10-2015 at 12:56 PM..
Old 01-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #8925

Found 2 images off Google.. see if it clarify your question. The compass orientation claw actually block the wedding band, so they can't flush.

Compass orientation

Clasic orientation

Why the 'block' happens (This was the ring I chose as I wasn't aware of this until much much later)

Last edited by thesal; 01-10-2015 at 01:21 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.