Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainFantastic

Reaction score
BIG THANK YOU TO CONTRIBUTORS HERE!
Learnt a lot this past few months :s22:
Based on the findings from bros here, I know that JP diamonds are the best around and of good value!

Hoot a 0.71 carrot F VS2 super cut from them :s13:
This was my fiance ring the mom bought for her last time 0.51 carrot Ideal cutting also same price as my 0.71 carrot super ideal cut..

KoSmxBM.jpg

For that same price, I managed to get a bigger and much more sparkly diamond. When I compare them, the difference of 0.2ct is quite big. Maybe it's also because the 0.7ct one is a better cut.
Sparkle wise, the 0.7ct wins handsdown. Its much much more shiny.

my video =P

I din expect the difference between super ideal and ideal to be so obvious. Then again, I dunno whether my MIL kenna ketuk.. she said she was only told it was the best cut (Ideal) and wasn't shown the scopes.. oh well.

Moral of the story - Spend more $$ doesn't mean the diamond is better. Learn and check if the diamond is a good cut yourself and check them with the scopes. If I didn't come across this forum and learn from you guys, I would probably just ended buying off buying blindly from those jewellery shops.

Hi sharlotteweee, out of curiousity, you mind sharing where your MIL got her ring from?

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

If your refer to my previous post which I bought my diamond from whiteflash.

I've since set it on a setting.

A lesson from this experience tells me that ring size is not universal!

Different shop have different differently ring size like your shoe UK8 vs US9. Even though they use the same measurement tools.

So here's my ring after setting it on.
wi0u9Nnl.jpg

SwAvx98l.jpg

bfZQ0I3l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

That's quite a nice setting! Btw, where did you get the LED ring box from?

CaptainFantastic

Reaction score
My turn to share my ring pics :D
Took me awhile to get a nice lighting for these shots. All taken using iphone 7 :)

Diamond is a Solasfera cut. Super happy with the ring. The workmanship is superb.. the whole ring was very nicely done.

Overall experience and product: 10/10

Now left with planning my proposal overseas trip liao loh!

uSvi6n2.jpg

JIxrit8.jpg

2F7YVGD.jpg

NJ1RbgI.jpg

mero_cwj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Took me awhile to get a nice lighting for these shots. All taken using iphone 7 :)

Diamond is a Solasfera cut. Super happy with the ring. The workmanship is superb.. the whole ring was very nicely done.

uSvi6n2.jpg

JIxrit8.jpg

2F7YVGD.jpg

NJ1RbgI.jpg

Quite impressive that the first photo was taken using just an iphone 7! The macro performance really not bad.

charliechoo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 0.71 Solesfera for sale.

Things didnt work out for me so letting it go.

Sharing for any buddies looking to get one. Condition 10/10.

PM for more info!

Umbrella Corporation

Reaction score
Hi Guys, been really noob abt diamonds and stuffs, this thread really save me much hassle.
Recently just went to JP to get my engagement ring and spent almost half a day there.

Was quoted for 2 Octagon diamonds as follows:
1) 0.525ct F VVS2 --> $Y
2) 0.531ct D VS1 --> $Y +$350

0.531ct D VS1:

Can any expert help me verify if this is a good purchase?
Thanks!!

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

If your refer to my previous post which I bought my diamond from whiteflash.

I've since set it on a setting.

A lesson from this experience tells me that ring size is not universal!

Different shop have different differently ring size like your shoe UK8 vs US9. Even though they use the same measurement tools.

So here's my ring after setting it on.
wi0u9Nnl.jpg

SwAvx98l.jpg

bfZQ0I3l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

where did you get the box in the last picture? :eek:

dearmisterj

Reaction score

uSvi6n2.jpg

JIxrit8.jpg

2F7YVGD.jpg

NJ1RbgI.jpg

very nice diamond and photos! looks big too haha. same shoes bro, the diamond was the easy part, now think of proposal till headache :S

Reaction score
Hi Guys, been really noob abt diamonds and stuffs, this thread really save me much hassle.
Recently just went to JP to get my engagement ring and spent almost half a day there.

1) 0.525ct F VVS2 --> $Y

0.531ct D VS1:

Thanks!!

Between the 2, I will pick the 0.53 D vS1 too. It's $350 more but 2 colors up and 1 clarity down. I'll prioritize color over clarity.

Umbrella Corporation

Reaction score

1) 0.525ct F VVS2 --> $Y

0.531ct D VS1:

Thanks!!

Between the 2, I will pick the 0.53 D vS1 too. It's $350 more but 2 colors up and 1 clarity down. I'll prioritize color over clarity.

Are the scopes ok?

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
There's no need to check / compare the scopes of Solasfera / Octagon / Super Ideal, they all have super strict requirements that 1 will look 100% the same with another with naked eyes.

CaptainFantastic

Reaction score
Quite impressive that the first photo was taken using just an iphone 7! The macro performance really not bad.

Yea, initially wanted to borrow a DSLR cam to get some shots. Then later I found the iphone 7 was good enough already :s13:

very nice diamond and photos! looks big too haha. same shoes bro, the diamond was the easy part, now think of proposal till headache :S

Thanks! It's a 0.6ct, I think the way the craft the setting makes the diamond look bigger too. You planning to propose locally or overseas?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Rngta2g.jpg

Here's my self-made Pokeball ring holder for my recently proposal in Japan.
Diamond was bought online but set locally at Ling Jewellery. Stone pictured is 0.71 cts

quanTom.6

Reaction score
Are the scopes ok?

From what I see, the scopes are good. The Octagon is suppose to have the best light performance out of all their cuts.. so I don't think there can be anything wrong with it :)

There's no need to check / compare the scopes of Solasfera / Octagon / Super Ideal, they all have super strict requirements that 1 will look 100% the same with another with naked eyes.

Your Octagon scopes looks almost the same as mine. haha
Anyway, as the guys have said, their diamonds are good. You don't need to worry about their quality.

quanTom.6

Reaction score

uSvi6n2.jpg

JIxrit8.jpg

2F7YVGD.jpg

NJ1RbgI.jpg

Very impressive! Looks professionally taken. I wouldnt have guessed that it was the iphone 7. Did you use any special camera app for it?

Umbrella Corporation

Reaction score
Your Octagon scopes looks almost the same as mine. haha
Anyway, as the guys have said, their diamonds are good. You don't need to worry about their quality.

From what I see, the scopes are good. The Octagon is suppose to have the best light performance out of all their cuts.. so I don't think there can be anything wrong with it :)

Thanks guys for the input! Helps alot:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.