Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

donlaughla

Reaction score
My super ideal E VS2 cost $5350, bought just last week :) and yeah was comparing this with the 0.585 E VS1 octagon which cost $5500 as per mentioned.

The 0.616 octagon is great value. FYI my 0.558 E VS1 cost me 5.2k for the rock

Thanks for the info.

Just hope to understand more, why would you choose octagon over super ideal?
Because of its unique shape?

Dominum

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to the thread and I would like to propose to my gf by end of the year.

I went to Jann Paul last week, and below is what they quoted me.

0.606 E VS1 (Super Ideal)
$5,400

0.616 F VS2 (Octagon Brilliant)
$5,350

Do u think it's a good pricing?

Thanks.

I just got my super ideal 0.6 D colour VVS2 for 5.5k

tkcmage

Reaction score
I tried to go for 0.7, and it's a huge jump in the pricing.

Yeah, got to know via this forum that 0.7-0.9 belongs to another price band hence the big jump. 0.62 is actually way out of my initial range but within my Budget hence I took it.

tkcmage

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Just hope to understand more, why would you choose octagon over super ideal?
Because of its unique shape?

If you are referring to my selection, I took the Super ideal instead. Yes octagon is really very popular and I seen it live. Joseph told me is only jann Paul in the entire world that has this unique shape and is indeed special. However when placed in a setting, the shape is not too obvious (in my opinion) looks like the Super ideal shape. Hence I took the cheaper option of Super ideal but a bigger carat size at around the same price range. anyway octagon stocks are very limited so if interested got to check with them before going down.

chocolate&cookies

Reaction score
I just purchase my wedding band from them. Half eternity for the lady and plain design (with pop out in the middle band) for the guy. Didn't customise it as the one Jerome recommends matches my proposal ring very well. Heard that the diamond ranges from Color d-f, starting from vs2
Can share the picture of ur wedding bands and damage?

kira1984

Reaction score
Can share the picture of ur wedding bands and damage?

Hi, my proposal ring is something like this. but due to my fingers size, the number of the diamonds will have to increase.

Damage: $2.3k

QHTy1Md.jpg

sugaricing83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, got to know via this forum that 0.7-0.9 belongs to another price band hence the big jump. 0.62 is actually way out of my initial range but within my Budget hence I took it.

Was quoted $9950 for 0.838 octagon vs1, F

PsyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Between super ideal and solasfera, if i want to go for halo side diamonds setting, super ideal is better? And, does halo setting compromise the light performance?

Last edited:

tkcmage

Reaction score
Between super ideal and solasfera, if i want to go for halo side diamonds setting, super ideal is better? And, does halo setting compromise the light performance?

Solasfera is Super bling, making it the centre of attraction. Hence with halo side diamonds it will reduce the effect that you Trying to bring out. This is just my personal thoughts and you can request to view diff type of cuts with diff setting when you are down :)

Halo with the squarish brelia setting looks good, saw one from the earlier post in this thread previously

PsyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Solasfera is Super bling, making it the centre of attraction. Hence with halo side diamonds it will reduce the effect that you Trying to bring out. This is just my personal thoughts and you can request to view diff type of cuts with diff setting when you are down :)

Halo with the squarish brelia setting looks good, saw one from the earlier post in this thread previously

I like the solasfera, but the budget is about 3.5k including setting, so I can only get one below 0.39 carat. wanted the halo design to look bigger.. I like the brellia too, but don't like squarish halo.. Will do a plain setting if i'm getting the brellia.

In a dilemma, not sure to get super ideal or solasfera with halo setting.

gwenie80

Reaction score
I like the solasfera, but the budget is about 3.5k including setting, so I can only get one below 0.39 carat. wanted the halo design to look bigger.. I like the brellia too, but don't like squarish halo.. Will do a plain setting if i'm getting the brellia.

Personally, I feel that a bigger carat of 0.7 and above can bring out the cut of 91 facets Solasfera better.
So if I were you, I would choose Super Ideal cut with 57 facets which allows me to up slightly on either carat size/colour/carity with the extra 10% savings.

kira1984

Reaction score

When I was choosing my proposal ring, I was comparing solesfera and brellia. I was looking for a 0.4x range but at that point of time they only have 0.3x solesfera for me to compare. I find that the diamond is too small to make the whole diamond look nice. It is just like a disco crystal ball to me. Therefore, I chose brellia 0.49 ct in the end

PsyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
When I was choosing my proposal ring, I was comparing solesfera and brellia. I was looking for a 0.4x range but at that point of time they only have 0.3x solesfera for me to compare. I find that the diamond is too small to make the whole diamond look nice. It is just like a disco crystal ball to me. Therefore, I chose brellia 0.49 ct in the end

True.. thats why I'm considering doing a halo setting, but not sure if i should get super ideal or solasfera. Advisable to get solasfera with halo setting?

DanMWM

Reaction score
True.. thats why I'm considering doing a halo setting, but not sure if i should get super ideal or solasfera. Advisable to get solasfera with halo setting?

I think you should go for super ideal.
I feel solasfera is diamond for it to stand out by itself.

Going for a bigger carat super ideal for the halo seems like a better choice.

kira1984

Reaction score

If I were u, I will go for Super idea with a bigger carat + halo settings which makes the whole thing looks big and nicely bling.

tkcmage

Reaction score
If I were u, I will go for Super idea with a bigger carat + halo settings which makes the whole thing looks big and nicely bling.

Yeah agree. Before I went down to JP I was considering solasfera too. But it was too bling for my liking hence I went for Super ideal/octagon. Is best that you go down to take a look and make your decision.

Super ideal is of the lower cost while octagon and solasfera is about 10-15% more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.