Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblueark

Reaction score
Has anyone used a diamond necklace for their proposal b4?

My gf told me she won't wear rings because its not suitable for her workplace to wear rings. So she will always need to take off and will end up hardly wearing it. Even for the wedding bands, we will just get the very simple plain ones for the ROM, then she will keep her band at home.

She already told me dont buy her diamond ring but diamond necklace she will still wear. Anyone got do this before?

If you not traditional anything also can. My friend asked her fiance to propose with Rolex.

Kkeell

Reaction score

My gf told me she won't wear rings because its not suitable for her workplace to wear rings. So she will always need to take off and will end up hardly wearing it. Even for the wedding bands, we will just get the very simple plain ones for the ROM, then she will keep her band at home.

She already told me dont buy her diamond ring but diamond necklace she will still wear. Anyone got do this before?

I Thnk is up to ur partner.
And I also have friend who wears the wedding band as a necklace bcuz his job scope also not convenient to wear the ring.
And also have Friend proposed with Orro and Rolex.
Agree that is personal pref.
Since she already told u don’t Wan den u as well get what she likes or prefer.
Buy her a nice diamond necklace or eternity ring as pendant Mayb

ThiamWan

Reaction score

There’s no right or wrong in this. Since she tell you already then just follow what she says. I’ve seen some people that wear their diamond ring as pendant necklace too. Or if you want to do a proper necklace, you can make it more unique too. One note to check is to make sure if her in-laws are ok with it too. I know some in-laws can be quite demanding, even more so than the girl herself.

mmeoww

Reaction score
Btw where do you all normally go for wedding bands?
Still jp? My e-ring is from jp :)

We are considering a plain yellow gold / rose gold band for my bf and a half-eternity yellow gold / rose gold band for myself :)

havcove

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw where do you all normally go for wedding bands?
Still jp? My e-ring is from jp :)

We are considering a plain yellow gold / rose gold band for my bf and a half-eternity yellow gold / rose gold band for myself :)

i settled on jp again after shopping around 7 to 8 different stores in sg, price wise not the lowest but low enough, my wtb more comfortable buying from them.. even though i brought the e ring without her knowledge from jp..

Integra.TypeR

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi can someone please help me check the quality of this diamond?

GIA #5181887901.

I tried insert the GIA number on HCA but it says data unavailable.

Btw, this is a traditional princess cut. :)

ivandemi

Reaction score
Hi can someone please help me check the quality of this diamond?

GIA #5181887901.

I tried insert the GIA number on HCA but it says data unavailable.

Btw, this is a traditional princess cut. :)

HCA cannot use for other shapes. Its only for the round diamonds.
Anyway, the HCA is just to eliminate the bads ones out only

smileedee12

Reaction score
I was just thinking.. for the special cuts like princess and cushion and pear and heart, what is there to look out for other than where and how bad the inclusions are? Other than cushion brellia from JP which has good H&A and light performance, the rest only care about their shape and how they look, rather than the light performance?

ThiamWan

Reaction score
I was just thinking.. for the special cuts like princess and cushion and pear and heart, what is there to look out for other than where and how bad the inclusions are? Other than cushion brellia from JP which has good H&A and light performance, the rest only care about their shape and how they look, rather than the light performance?

Yeah, usually all the other types of shapes will never be as sparkly as a round. The only exceptions are those special cuts that have Hearts n Arrows like the Brellia and Octagon. The rest is just going for their shapes and not light performance. I guess that’s why most ppl end up just getting a round. Not a lot of them know the existence of the Brellia or Octagon.

Immortal4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions! I asked her more about it and she's quite set on a necklace. The ring at most she will wear once a week which is quite wasted. For the necklace, she promise that she will wear everyday.

I asked her about rolex watch option. She's not very into watches so no point. I told her here other girls here will buy rolex back for the guy. So she should buy me one too.. She say 去死吧.. :s13:

Good point on the in-laws. I asked them and they very sui bian. They say all up to the girl can already.

So diamond necklace is my new direction! Anyone got do this before or got design to share?

terrorblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So diamond necklace is my new direction! Anyone got do this before or got design to share?

I got my gf's engagement ring from Fonder Diamond. I camp at their diamond database and found 0.5ct SIC F VS1 diamond for $2419 and then my gf custom the ring setting. Collected on Monday and can't wait for her to see it!

I am sure you will be able to find yourself a brilliant diamond at your budget at Fonder's database and then ask Fonder to custom a necklace setting for you. Their showroom at one-north. Found you some design ideas on James Allen.

Halo Necklace

Pendant Necklace

PM if you need help with looking for a good diamond from the database. I can connect you with them too. ;)

1000smiles

Reaction score
I got my gf's engagement ring from Fonder Diamond. I camp at their diamond database and found 0.5ct SIC F VS1 diamond for $2419 and then my gf custom the ring setting. Collected on Monday and can't wait for her to see it!

I am sure you will be able to find yourself a brilliant diamond at your budget at Fonder's database and then ask Fonder to custom a necklace setting for you. Their showroom at one-north. Found you some design ideas on James Allen.

Halo Necklace

Pendant Necklace

PM if you need help with looking for a good diamond from the database. I can connect you with them too. ;)

Bear in mind, Fonder's don't sell Super ideal cuts. They use subpar diamonds to sell as ''Super Ideal cut'', making people think its a good deal thinking its cheaper.

When I was there, they mainly use the Sarine light report to justify their diamonds are Super Ideal Cuts. According to Whiteflash and JP, Super Ideal requires high stringent scrutiny on every facet. However, Casey showed me that the Sarine light machine can be adjusted to make any diamond look good.

You need to compare Apple with Apple. For those acceptable to sub-Ideal diamonds, you are better off buying from James Allen. They got the same online diamonds and even cheaper than Fonders.

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Bear in mind, Fonder's don't sell Super ideal cuts. They use subpar diamonds to sell as ''Super Ideal cut'', making people think its a good deal thinking its cheaper.

When I was there, they mainly use the Sarine light report to justify their diamonds are Super Ideal Cuts. According to Whiteflash and JP, Super Ideal requires high stringent scrutiny on every facet. However, Casey showed me that the Sarine light machine can be adjusted to make any diamond look good.

You need to compare Apple with Apple. For those acceptable to sub-Ideal diamonds, you are better off buying from James Allen. They got the same online diamonds and even cheaper than Fonders.
Is Brian gavin range of diamonds on par or even better than jann Paul?

terrorblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

To give some context. I camped Fonder’s database for weeks. I filter off tons of diamonds based on GIA cert, light performance score and price. When the diamond arrived, I inspected the much desired hearts and arrows at the showroom. There are no like-for-like diamonds. We can find the exact 4Cs on the different websites but prices vary, inclusions vary, dimensions vary, light performance vary.

Fonder Diamond's Super Ideal Cut diamond database filter shows you diamonds with varying light performance scores. For me, I only looked at those with 2 stars, scores 0.84 and below. Will share my experience and pictures of my engagement ring after taking those photos.

Ultimately, consumers have different capabilities and shopping styles. Personally, I would like to evaluate ALL available options and filter/shortlist/buy from there instead of telling someone my budget, preferences and have them shortlist/recommend/sell the diamonds. Not discounting JP's work, but JP isn't the only place one can go for engagement rings and there are many alternatives which should be shared on this Proposal Ring thread.

Last edited:

Kkeell

Reaction score
I got the loose stone from betterthandiamond.com and proposed using a temporary ring (jeweler’s spring prong claw holder)

s-l300.jpg

Then we later went together to a local jeweler to fully customize the design of the e-ring to her liking and set the stone.

Betterthandiamond also has lab created diamonds, same as normal diamond except created in lab instead of dig from ground. But their main specialty is the Amora gem.

Hi may I know where u did the customer design at?
How much did it cost?

1000smiles

Reaction score
To give some context. I camped Fonder’s database for weeks. I filter off tons of diamonds based on GIA cert, light performance score and price. When the diamond arrived, I inspected the much desired hearts and arrows at the showroom. There are no like-for-like diamonds. We can find the exact 4Cs on the different websites but prices vary, inclusions vary, dimensions vary, light performance vary.

Fonder Diamond's Super Ideal Cut diamond database filter shows you diamonds with varying light performance scores. For me, I only looked at those with 2 stars, scores 0.84 and below. Will share my experience and pictures of my engagement ring after taking those photos.

Ultimately, consumers have different capabilities and shopping styles. Personally, I would like to evaluate ALL available options and filter/shortlist/buy from there instead of telling someone my budget, preferences and have them shortlist/recommend/sell the diamonds. Not discounting JP's work, but JP isn't the only place one can go for engagement rings and there are many alternatives which should be shared on this Proposal Ring thread.

When I was compared, it was the same diamond with the same GIA number. I did a random search for example.

This 0.80 E VS1 with GIA number 5293475263 on Fonder is their ''Super Ideal Cut''.
http://fonderdiamond.sg/en/diamonddetail.jsp?id=3204921

I found this same exact diamond. 0.80 E VS1 with GIA number 5293475263 on Bluenile as their Ideal cut.
https://www.bluenile.com/sg/diamond...AMONDS&track=viewDiamondDetails&action=newTab

Fonder price: SG 7,009 - no tax
Bluenile price: SG 6,376 - no tax

Bluenile is selling this same exact diamond for a much cheaper price. This was why I said ppl are better off buying the diamond from other websites than Fonder.
This diamond's proportions is also out of the Ideal range and what makes it worse is it it has fluorescence too.

I dont know why Fonders Super Ideal Cuts has 2 versions of 1 star and 2 star. I'm assuming their 2 star is their better Super Ideals or Super Super Ideals?

So I took another example of their top Super Ideal cut that is a 2 star.
http://fonderdiamond.sg/en/diamonddetail.jsp?id=1175632
When you see the cert, it shows that the diamond it not even a EXC EXC EXC. The polish and symmetry grade is only Very Good.
So now even Very Good grades can be called ''Super Ideal Cuts''?

Even if you do your own filtration, you are limited just by the certificate alone. Their so called light performance grading is the loosest compared to other websites. My point being, that if you use the term Super Ideal Cut, without evaluation of scopes, you're falling into their own marketing scheme. Fonder is just another drop ship business model similar to many other sites, but worse, they don't even show scopes online and use their own loose criteria to call them "Super Ideals" which I dont think this is right. James Allen / Whiteflash have scopes. So if you're talking about filter method purchasing, those sites are better off.

theblueark

Reaction score
Hi may I know where u did the custom design at?
How much did it cost?

Ling Jewellery. Best to make an appointment go chit chat and ask for a quote. Prices vary very widely depending on how complicated the design and whether there are side diamonds, what size they are and how many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.