Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miltah

Reaction score
Last edited:

yeerk009

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advice on the following, managed to narrow my search to Vivo diamonds and Jannpaul with the following prices:

Vivo diamond (price includes setting - all in)
.72 F VS2 $5600
.77 F VS2 $5900
The person said these are ‘super ideal’ equivalent but didn’t really want to share the GIA number because of undercutting by the competitors which I get it lah. Prices seems abit cheap for a large carat and super ideal cut though so I’m not too sure.

Jannpaul (prices EXCLUDES setting)
.592 Solasfera H VS2 $4300
.61 Superideal G VVS1 $5100
.523 Octagon D VVS2 $5600
.68 Ideal E VS1 $5000

As you can see, vivo prices are way lower but just not too sure about the cutting. Customer services both side are execellent. What you all think?

Maccabi

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advice on the following, managed to narrow my search to Vivo diamonds and Jannpaul with the following prices:

.72 F VS2 $5600
.77 F VS2 $5900
The person said these are ‘super ideal’ equivalent but didn’t really want to share the GIA number because of undercutting by the competitors which I get it lah. Prices seems abit cheap for a large carat and super ideal cut though so I’m not too sure.

.68 Ideal E VS1 $5000

As you can see, vivo prices are way lower but just not too sure about the cutting. Customer services both side are execellent. What you all think?

Have you seen their aset?

Miltah

Reaction score

.72 F VS2 $5600
.77 F VS2 $5900

.68 Ideal E VS1 $5000

As you can see, vivo prices are way lower?

It’s not that lower. If u take plain setting from JP it’s only $550 with ring customisation. Plus it’s a color and clarity grade higher than Vivo.
N you are assured of cut with JP (cos no info on Vivo, I would only compare it to an ideal) U can try and ask for F color prices

Cannot give GIA cert no but can give dimensions right? depth, crown and pavilion angle, girdle, lower half length

Solasfera, Octagon are all fancy cuts and come with premium.

Last edited:

Miltah

Reaction score
For vivo? Yes, looks fine to me but can’t tell much cause nothing else to compare to and i’m not an expert on diamond :S

If u look back on the thread.. many have taken photos of the ASET with a mobile over the scope. U can always do that and post for advice

Travelolic

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a few options here, could you guys pls help me out? I dont have the aset hca score though ☹️ if based on the below spec, which is the best? All of them are triple excellent. My budget is less than $3k

0.45 E VS2 $2421
0.50 G SI2 $2799
0.65 H SI2 $2941

Miltah

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a few options here, could you guys pls help me out? I dont have the aset hca score though ☹️ if based on the below spec, which is the best? All of them are triple excellent. My budget is less than $3k

0.45 E VS2 $2421
0.50 G SI2 $2799
0.65 H SI2 $2941

Did u see the 3 stones? SI2 clarity is abit risky. First it may not be eye clean (dark crystals or hazy clouds). Second it may be a setting risk depending on the issue. U want to avoid cavities, feathers around the edges and etch channels etc

The least you could do is provide gia cert no. If not, at least the stone dimensions

Travelolic

Reaction score
Did u see the 3 stones? SI2 clarity is abit risky. First it may not be eye clean (dark crystals or hazy clouds). Second it may be a setting risk depending on the issue. U want to avoid cavities, feathers around the edges and etch channels etc

The least you could do is provide gia cert no. If not, at least the stone dimensions
Thanks Miltah, I’ve seen the diamonds and they are all eye clean which is why I cant decide which one is better hahaha they dont provide me the cert no so yeah, i guess I have to choose based on the above due to hudget constraint ☹️

Miltah

Reaction score
Thanks Miltah, I’ve seen the diamonds and they are all eye clean which is why I cant decide which one is better hahaha they dont provide me the cert no so yeah, i guess I have to choose based on the above due to hudget constraint ☹️

If it’s me, I would take the H as I’m not color sensitive
For the SI2 clarity, I would need for them to show me the cert to see what sort of inclusions there are. The reason they should also show you the cert when your intent is to buy so that there is no bait switch done

Miltah

Reaction score
Here’s what I mean. Maybe it’s eye clean but the inclusions are an issue. Magnified or with a loupe will be obvious

LRPiegC.jpg

htaginfo

Reaction score
I just shared the JP pricing.
Personally I dun think D is rare. If u punch in triple ex from bluenile, there are close to 6000 choices between 0.3-0.4c that u can buy now
In fact, some pple would avoid D color as it’s a premium in paper not visual. But to answer your qs, between the 2 options, I would not pay for vvs clarity

Thanks so much for your advise.
Currently pending for quotation from JannPaul.

Will share more once get it from JannPaul.

Travelolic

Reaction score
Hi Miltah, understood. Thanks for your advice, it is very helpful! I will ask them to show me the inclusions first then. Thanks! 😊

htaginfo

Reaction score
PH = Poh Heng? I don't think D Color is rare either. It is less in supply but not rare. Its just whether you're willing to spend a premium for it or not. If those are from Poh Heng, I'm not familiar with their Cut or if they have super ideals. You need to factor in the rest of the other things like the cut, fluorescence, etc too.

For me I will focus more in the Cut than the Color. Theres a good video explaining this. In the same budget, I will drop the Color and Clarity, and up the Cut and Carat.

PH=Poh Heng, Yes!
Their diamond is Ideal Cut. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate!

htaginfo

Reaction score
0.52 G VS2 (super ideal) - $3700
0.48 F VS1 (ideal) - $3150
0.47 G VS2 (ideal) - $2950
0.45 F VS1 (super ideal) - $3050
0.43 G VS1 (super ideal) - $2600

Honestly D, E, F and to some even G looks very similar when in natural day light. I can barely even tell the difference between them when compared side by side!

F or G is good enough for me, don’t need to buy a D. Rather up carat size if have budget.

Thanks so much for sharing! My budget seem to be upgraded to 0.4ct now from JP. haha..Let's wait for their quotation.

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score

.72 F VS2 $5600
.77 F VS2 $5900

.68 Ideal E VS1 $5000

I boycott Vivo :)

Google the lawsuit between Vivo and JannPaul. The bosses actually bought high-post hardwarezone accounts and slander JP’s rep for many occasions. Such a company I will never trust anything they sell Nor says.

And no companies will hide GIA cert numbers and refuses to provide to customers lol, u can already see that they are very dodgy.

Maccabi

Reaction score
Here’s what I mean. Maybe it’s eye clean but the inclusions are an issue. Magnified or with a loupe will be obvious

LRPiegC.jpg

I heard that feather on the edge is usually avoided as the diamonds might break. How true is it?

Miltah

Reaction score
I heard that feather on the edge is usually avoided as the diamonds might break. How true is it?

I can’t say I’m an expert but there’s a lot of VS clarity stones included with feathers that can run to the edge or girdle.
I would see how long they are, can it be spotted with a loupe... and I tend to avoid if the same feather runs from both the top (crown) and bottom of the stone ( u can see that from the inclusion plot)
When u get to SI clarity, then u need to be careful of comment such as ‘grade setting clarity’ and what it is...

But to answer your qs, I’m not aware of pple breaking their stone but that doesn’t mean it dun happen. Not many pple will say it and I dun hear enuf of it.

Miltah

Reaction score
Here’s an old European cut with a chip on the edge.
Both pict are the same stone, just different lighting

The original weight was 1.89c, after repair/polish away the chip drop to 1.81c

So even with a feather or chip later, it can be ‘repaired’ with some loss of caret wt

CcYrH9J.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.