Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miltah

Reaction score
Looking into getting a Solasfera 0.64 F VS1 but abit concern with the hearts and arrows scope image. Anyone can comment about it? :/
i.imgur.com/IZJ4wo9.jpg
i.imgur.com/3Rnkgou.jpg
i.imgur.com/QEXBEwT.jpg

If I were u, I wouldn’t buy this stone

Last edited:

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ayio.. ASET scope is fake info to corrupt us?? Lol. That says alot abt that shop liao.

But bobian leh. That’s the only place I manage to find that sells ring settings and helps u mount the diamond for a small fee ($90 mounting fee). And have something that my girlfriend likes.

Other places do customisation sure expensive as heck lol. (Well, aside from possibly JannPaul)

CaptainFantastic

Reaction score
H is the last possible one. Prefer G and below if possible.
Thanks for the recommendation on SI1 Clarity.

Sian, now thinking if i should just forfeit my deposit on eClarity and get a setting+diamond from JP instead.
$500 deposit for a S$1.6k-1.7k ring setting. If get from JP also 1-1.2k. Even if forfeit the deposit and get from JP also same price.

Since you've already put a deposit with eClarity, it'll be a waste to forfeit it. $500 gone for nothing is painful.

CaptainFantastic

Reaction score
But bobian leh. That’s the only place I manage to find that sells ring settings and helps u mount the diamond for a small fee ($90 mounting fee). And have something that my girlfriend likes.

Other places do customisation sure expensive as heck lol. (Well, aside from possibly JannPaul)

They let you mount your own diamond? Then why don't you source online and ask them to price match? Easier that way, since she calls the ASET scopes bullsh*t :s13:

rontan09

Reaction score
Help Needed

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a ring though can't decide if i'll be getting it locally or online (Brian Gavin, Whiteflash, James Allen). I don't have any idea about diamonds, been doing backreads but still alot of informations to digest.

If i buy online, would it be cheaper? how would i know that it is a good diamond? how would i also settle the GST? i have emailed the online shops and they told me that i would be the one responsbile to pay for the duties and taxes.

if i go for local, most likely it will be from JP since most of you recommends that store.

Planning to get 0.5-0.69ct with simple setting. TIA.

Miltah

Reaction score
If i buy online, would it be cheaper?
-Yes and no

How would i know that it is a good diamond?
- Only u can decide how much premium u want to pay for goodness u can’t see

How would i also settle the GST?
- FedEx will pay the gst upfront n send u the bill later

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
Is that what u were quoted?
Strange cos JP dun set external stones. And if u buy HOH or JP stones, from the history of this forum, it’s always been $550-600 for plain setting
The price is for the tiffany clone setting.

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
That one i not sure liao. I never check with House of Hung on their prices of their settings and diamonds.

Call in a stone. Meaning you bring your own loose diamonds to HOH?

JP or HOH same place lah. If u buy a SIC, it will be labelled as a JP ring. Anything less than a SIC, it will be labelled as a HOH ring. Difference is in the after sales service and trade in value.

Setting price same same.

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a ring though can't decide if i'll be getting it locally or online (Brian Gavin, Whiteflash, James Allen). I don't have any idea about diamonds, been doing backreads but still alot of informations to digest.

If i buy online, would it be cheaper? how would i know that it is a good diamond? how would i also settle the GST? i have emailed the online shops and they told me that i would be the one responsbile to pay for the duties and taxes.

if i go for local, most likely it will be from JP since most of you recommends that store.

Planning to get 0.5-0.69ct with simple setting. TIA.

If u only want the best super ideal cut stone but don't know how to source online, JP will be (much) cheaper than Lee Hwa's equivalent (Destinee or Forever Diamond range).

If u only going after the normal paper specs (Carat, Colour and Clarity), look for the biggest G and VS2 within your budget.

rontan09

Reaction score
Since i dont know anything with diamonds maybe it's safer that i buy it locally than online.
I will check out SIC from JP later. Thanks for the input :)

Im not sure if these two will be comparable to JP.
whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3964570.htm
whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4130465.htm

Miltah

Reaction score
Since i dont know anything with diamonds maybe it's safer that i buy it locally than online.
I will check out SIC from JP later. Thanks for the input :)

Im not sure if these two will be comparable to JP.
whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3964570.htm
whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4130465.htm

I think JP or HOH is the best option for u

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They let you mount your own diamond? Then why don't you source online and ask them to price match? Easier that way, since she calls the ASET scopes bullsh*t :s13:

Ya she allows me to mount my own diamond for $90. That’s what I intend to do all along, get from whiteflash and let them mount.

But Not easy to find the ring setting that my gf wants online, for them to price match lol. Anyway I really damn tired of all these crap, keep telling my gf if she wants then just go for it. Small monies also need quarrel.

Really opposite of other girls (good thing). Other girls probably complain spend too little, she complain I spend too much (unnecessarily) when it could be cheaper lol.

defghijsg

Banned
Reaction score
Shifus, need some help deciding between these 2. I've been doing alot of reading this forum and other websites about the Lower Girdle Half (LGH). What I read is LGH is the thickness of the arrows that relates to the brightness and fire.

Thicker arrow is more fire. Thinner arrow is more brilliance (brightness?).
I'm stuck between these 2 diamonds,

0.60 F VS1 - 80% LGH
0.60 G VS1 - 75% LGH
I know the GIA cert rounds up/down the LGH by 5% so there's a possibility that its not that exact figure.

JP was nice enough to help me do a video for me. I think partly because I keep going down to compare and still cant decide :o

What I like about the 80% LGH is the brightness of it. The white reflection area is larger and the arrows are more ''clean cut?''. Though the 75% LGH will have better fire from the thicker arrows. Do normally ppl go more for the brightness or fire? I also notice that most of their diamonds are 75% LGH and very few in 80%. Does this mean that JP diamonds are more geared to fire?

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now my girlfriend wants to buy me a Watch to compensate for spending 1.6k on a ring setting when JP can get the same design for 1k~. :s22:

Told me treat it as a form of exchange of engagement 'item'.

So when i see the watch, i will be reminded of the engagement.

(wedding band we also buying to exchange. I buy hers, she buy mine)

woonyoung91

Reaction score
h ttps://m.imgur.com/a/YmX7dcJ

Hi guys, any comments on the ring? priced at 8.6k

quoted from jp - solasfera

Miltah

Reaction score
h ttps://m.imgur.com/a/YmX7dcJ

Hi guys, any comments on the ring? priced at 8.6k

quoted from jp - solasfera

0.60 G VVS1 $6k (Solasfera)
0.60 G VS1, $6k+ (Solasfera)
0.65 E VS1, $7.1k (Solasfera)
0.72 F VS1 $8600 (Solasfera)

Seems reasonable.
Looks ex cos u passed the 0.7ct mark

Miltah

Reaction score
Shifus, need some help deciding between these 2. I've been doing alot of reading this forum and other websites about the Lower Girdle Half (LGH). What I read is LGH is the thickness of the arrows that relates to the brightness and fire.

Thicker arrow is more fire. Thinner arrow is more brilliance (brightness?).
I'm stuck between these 2 diamonds,

0.60 F VS1 - 80% LGH
0.60 G VS1 - 75% LGH
I know the GIA cert rounds up/down the LGH by 5% so there's a possibility that its not that exact figure.

JP was nice enough to help me do a video for me. I think partly because I keep going down to compare and still cant decide :o

What I like about the 80% LGH is the brightness of it. The white reflection area is larger and the arrows are more ''clean cut?''. Though the 75% LGH will have better fire from the thicker arrows. Do normally ppl go more for the brightness or fire? I also notice that most of their diamonds are 75% LGH and very few in 80%. Does this mean that JP diamonds are more geared to fire?

LGF is not the only aspect. Depth n table all contribute to fire as well.
My preference is 80

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
0.60 G VVS1 $6k (Solasfera)
0.60 G VS1, $6k+ (Solasfera)
0.65 E VS1, $7.1k (Solasfera)
0.72 F VS1 $8600 (Solasfera)

Seems reasonable.
Looks ex cos u passed the 0.7ct mark

Seems too expensive since even it passed the mark, considering it’s also one grade lower for color...perhaps the 8.6k quote is with setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.