HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Proposal Ring - Part 3

Like Tree980Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2019, 02:36 PM   #7111

At under 0.5c, most people will not detect color in E,F and G
If you are color sensitive, u might pick up on H

Personally at under 0.5c, I would pick SI1 diamonds but thatís just me. The lowest clarity grade JP carries is VS2 upwards
SI1 can be more tricky. The inclusion might be more obvious or it can have those risky inclusions that can make the diamond chip. Just need to be extra careful with those
CutiePie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #7112

You can see the 4Cs just by google GIA cert images. U can see the Color(D-S) grading, Clarity(VVS1 to SI2) and Cut scale (Ex to good), just stating the usual range that u see in Singapore.

SIC=Super Ideal Cut, aka cut grade, but in GIA cert will still show as Excellent because that the highest. SIC is higher than Ex.

Pros here do correct me if Im wrong. Is there a cert that actually proves the diamond is SIC? From my understanding it's from the H&A scope.
The cert won't say its a SIC or Ideal cut. That's the problem. If GIA got classify them, it will make life much easier for us.. haha. The ''Good cut'' diamond example is milky. It's not related to the cut. You can have an ''Ideal cut'' that is milky too.

H&A scope is just one of the scopes to check for SIC. But it does not determine it. It can only check for the symmetry but not the light leakages.
You see this video. Diamond got perfect hearts, but still very chui
You need the ASET scope to check for the leakages
Old 11-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #7113

You can see the 4Cs just by google GIA cert images. U can see the Color(D-S) grading, Clarity(VVS1 to SI2) and Cut scale (Ex to good), just stating the usual range that u see in Singapore.

SIC=Super Ideal Cut, aka cut grade, but in GIA cert will still show as Excellent because that the highest. SIC is higher than Ex.

Pros here do correct me if Im wrong. Is there a cert that actually proves the diamond is SIC? From my understanding it's from the H&A scope.
H&A scope are useless, u need ASET scope.

This is how typical jeweler con people with only H&A scope saying that it's super ideal once u see the hearts and arrow.

There are plenty of diamonds with 8 H&A which are sold as super ideal but fails the aset scope actual light performance (this is also why most stores wont bring out the aset scopes for you to see)
KinoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:25 PM   #7114

SI1 can be more tricky. The inclusion might be more obvious or it can have those risky inclusions that can make the diamond chip. Just need to be extra careful with those
Personally sometimes I feel that the caution for SI1 clarity seem to be blown out of proportion.
Many chain stores including LeeHwa, gold heart among many others carry SI1 clarity diamonds. In almost all 3 threads, spanning since 2011, I have not heard anyone complain that the SI1 diamond that they bought cracked in two...

The only other concern is visual. If u can see the imperfections. Often the SI1 clarity is done with a 10x magnifying glass.. of course if u buying 1 caret and above, these may have more impact visually but at 0.5c itís hard to tell..

Again of course not all SI1 stones are the same, n itís best to work with a trusted jeweller
KinoChoco likes this.
Miltah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:28 PM   #7115

Personally sometimes I feel that the caution for SI1 clarity seem to be blown out of proportion.
Many chain stores including LeeHwa, gold heart among many others carry SI1 clarity diamonds. In almost all 3 threads, spanning since 2011, I have not heard anyone complain that the SI1 diamond that they bought cracked in two...

The only other concern is visual. If u can see the imperfections. Often the SI1 clarity is done with a 10x magnifying glass.. of course if u buying 1 caret and above, these may have more impact visually but at 0.5c itís hard to tell..

Again of course not all stones are the same, n itís best to work with a trusted jeweller
Agree that the caution for SI1 clarity seem to be blown out of proportion. In other countries, people even get SI2.

The chances of chipping an SI1 diamond is probably like 0.1% under normal wear, but for bigger diamonds i'll go for VS2 due to the much bigger surface area haha.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:56 PM   #7116

They dun set diamonds they didnít sell.
Information is good as of 2months ago. Confirmed twice.

Maybe HOH does, but I didnít check
HOH definitely does (as of last Sep). I set my James Allen diamond there 😂
throwawaygrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:19 PM   #7117

HOH definitely does (as of last Sep). I set my James Allen diamond there 😂
Can I ask how much they charge and how was the ring design process
Old 12-01-2019, 07:55 AM   #7118

Can I ask how much they charge and how was the ring design process
They charged us 600 for 18k gold and also gave us the CAD design + 1-time resizing. Their service is good as well!
throwawaygrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:03 AM   #7119

They charged us 600 for 18k gold and also gave us the CAD design + 1-time resizing. Their service is good as well!
Thanks. Good to know
Old 12-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #7120

Smile

Any folks can provide their opinion whether is it worth to pay 6.6k for this diamond?

Carat = 0.6
Color Grade = E
Clarity Grade = VS1
Cut Grade = Excellent

Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Excellent
Fluorescence = None
Clarity Characteristics = Crystal, Pinpoint

Ps cant post image as im not allowed to post pics lol.

Last edited by Jayden Goh; 12-01-2019 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Typo
Jayden Goh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:07 PM   #7121

Any folks can provide their opinion whether is it worth to pay 6.6k for this diamond?

Carat = 0.6
Color Grade = E
Clarity Grade = VS1
Cut Grade = Excellent

Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Excellent
Fluorescence = None
Clarity Characteristics = Crystal, Pinpoint

Ps cant post image as im not allowed to post pics lol.
Can't tell with these info.. Its on the high side I think. JP SIC 0.6 E should be in the 5k range only
Old 12-01-2019, 07:41 PM   #7122

Can't tell with these info.. Its on the high side I think. JP SIC 0.6 E should be in the 5k range only
Diamond itself is 5.4k.. The ring itself is 1.2k 😊
Old 12-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #7123

As stated earlier n past comments, a triple excellent is too vague
At least with table size, depth, crown n pavilion angle u can tell if itís in superideal range.
But u still lack scope images ...

Last edited by Miltah; 12-01-2019 at 09:40 PM..
Old 12-01-2019, 10:48 PM   #7124

As stated earlier n past comments, a triple excellent is too vague
At least with table size, depth, crown n pavilion angle u can tell if itís in superideal range.
But u still lack scope images ...
Oh itís a SIC diamond.. Cant post pics as somehow im not allowed 😪
Old 13-01-2019, 04:10 AM   #7125

Oh itís a SIC diamond.. Cant post pics as somehow im not allowed 😪
JPís? Their prices are the cheapest for the highest quality cut u can get, however it can be debatable if you really need such a top top tier cut unless youíre a perfectionist.

Iíll suggest u see if u can find a F color VS2 ideal cut at around the same 5.4k range and see what carat size u can get and compare both or even ask some girls for comments (without telling them the specs) and see which one do they like more.

I personally think 0.7 ideal will look better than a 0.6 Super ideal for a girl.

Last edited by KinoChoco; 13-01-2019 at 04:12 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.