Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
White series comparison video for those who are interested. Too bad they didnt put in the decagon to compare with the white series round too.

Reaction score
Help to evaluate 2 options

Hi gurus, i need help to evaluate these 2 diamonds and for your comments, thank you!

These are cushion modified brilliant , hearrts and arrow

A) 1.25carat, F, VS1, Polish-Excellent, Symm-Excellent, Flour-None
s://imgur.com/QDhnmJL
B) 1.19carat, F, VVS2, Polish-Excellent, Symm-Excellent, Flour-None
s://imgur.com/vk0pHsC

ASETs attached, both are about the same value at 14k sgd

Last edited:

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, any ideas where to get non-diamond proposal rings? Specifically black onyx rings (yes she specifically want this and doesn't care much about diamonds). I won't mind black diamond rings, but it seems like this is a hard find as well? I went through some websites and saw like Glamira, but not sure if they are reputable etc?

My friend gotten a black rock (can't rmb if it's balck diamond) from Ling Jewellery. But Ling is more well know for their design/customization.

sugaricing83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

rowrowroyce

Banned
Reaction score
Need some advice. I'm thinking of getting an asscher or princess cut. Any idea which is better and more sparkly? I dont see many places that has the asscher.

freewilly5000

Reaction score
Need some advice. I'm thinking of getting an asscher or princess cut. Any idea which is better and more sparkly? I dont see many places that has the asscher.

Asscher is a step cut diamond. Its the same as the emerald cut but in square shape. You can see the emerald cut but just imagine it in a square shape. Its the same as the asscher. But steps cuts arent exactly known to be sparkly. It will have those large flat plain facets that looks like steps.

Princess is more sparkly than the asscher with more but very small sparkles. More messy but many small sparkles. I'm not a big fan of either cuts myself and would rather the cushion or octagon.

princess-ascher-sparkle-comparison.jpg

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, is there any other cheaper yet decent place to buy proposal ring (other than janpaul). Having a tight budget at around 1.5 to 2k

Depends if you are alright with lab made diamonds and normal cuts with plenty of choices out there

MyWiFy

Reaction score

Princess cut isn't a popular cut nowadays because it simply doesn't perform. You need to wear it with extra care (easily chips) too. Asscher is an interesting novelty cut and it looks entirely different from the other diamonds. It won't perform as good as those Hearts and Arrows diamonds, but it has its own style to it.

There are other types of square diamonds that are better if you're looking for better performing one. If it was me, I would either pick a better performing Hearts and Arrows square diamond or something that is very different like the Asscher.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are there lab made with super ideal cut?

Brilliant earth offer. Not hard to google if one truly interested.

Only u know it’s lab, ppl on the street who knows. Ppl on the street may not be able to tell ideal from super ideal.

rowrowroyce

Banned
Reaction score
Princess cut isn't a popular cut nowadays because it simply doesn't perform. You need to wear it with extra care (easily chips) too. Asscher is an interesting novelty cut and it looks entirely different from the other diamonds. It won't perform as good as those Hearts and Arrows diamonds, but it has its own style to it.

There are other types of square diamonds that are better if you're looking for better performing one. If it was me, I would either pick a better performing Hearts and Arrows square diamond or something that is very different like the Asscher.

Asscher is a step cut diamond. Its the same as the emerald cut but in square shape. You can see the emerald cut but just imagine it in a square shape. Its the same as the asscher. But steps cuts arent exactly known to be sparkly. It will have those large flat plain facets that looks like steps.

Princess is more sparkly than the asscher with more but very small sparkles. More messy but many small sparkles. I'm not a big fan of either cuts myself and would rather the cushion or octagon.

princess-ascher-sparkle-comparison.jpg

Thanks for the comments! I brought my gf down to JP to see. Got too many cuts to choose from liao and since its a once in a lifetime purchase, I might as well let her choose what she really wants. Abit less romantic I know, but I'll keeping the proposal date a secret and she doesnt know the exact specs that I'll be choosing.

She decided on the Decagon diamond. Was blown away by how bling it was. Never knew a diamond could be this sparkly. She even said if its so sparkly, I dont even have to get such a big one. Hahaha.

For those that got the Decagon, I have a few questions;
1. Has anyone received their Decagon yet and how long did it take?
They told me they'll try for 1-2 months, but there's only 1 diamond cutter that is able to cut it and they're getting alot of pre-orders. So there might be some delays.
2. How accurate is their grade estimates? They gave me a range like E-F, VS1-VS2 that will come out.
3. All their White series are AGS certificates (not GIA). Is AGS ok? The only one I know is GIA.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience buying rings from Larry jewellery? Seems like everyone is buying from JP!

Think you should go to both Larry and JP, and decide after. They are both in Orchard anyway. Do note that for JP, you will usually need to make an appointment in advance.

iamborisheng

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments! I brought my gf down to JP to see. Got too many cuts to choose from liao and since its a once in a lifetime purchase, I might as well let her choose what she really wants. Abit less romantic I know, but I'll keeping the proposal date a secret and she doesnt know the exact specs that I'll be choosing.

She decided on the Decagon diamond. Was blown away by how bling it was. Never knew a diamond could be this sparkly. She even said if its so sparkly, I dont even have to get such a big one. Hahaha.

For those that got the Decagon, I have a few questions;
1. Has anyone received their Decagon yet and how long did it take?
They told me they'll try for 1-2 months, but there's only 1 diamond cutter that is able to cut it and they're getting alot of pre-orders. So there might be some delays.
2. How accurate is their grade estimates? They gave me a range like E-F, VS1-VS2 that will come out.
3. All their White series are AGS certificates (not GIA). Is AGS ok? The only one I know is GIA.

I haven't received my Decagon yet, but they did update me on the grades it received. Mine was meant to be a 0.51-0.53ct, E-F, VS1-VS2. It came out to be a 0.52ct E VVS2. It went over the estimation and they stuck to the same price. So I got a free clarity upgrade :D I'm still waiting for the diamond to be sent back from the lab.

AGS is actually the better cert than GIA. AGS is more strict and they also grade the light performance. I would much rather AGS than the GIA. The AGS cert is bigger and more professional looking than GIA.

rowrowroyce

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't received my Decagon yet, but they did update me on the grades it received. Mine was meant to be a 0.51-0.53ct, E-F, VS1-VS2. It came out to be a 0.52ct E VVS2. It went over the estimation and they stuck to the same price. So I got a free clarity upgrade :D I'm still waiting for the diamond to be sent back from the lab.

AGS is actually the better cert than GIA. AGS is more strict and they also grade the light performance. I would much rather AGS than the GIA. The AGS cert is bigger and more professional looking than GIA.

Thanks! I was concerned with AGS as my mum was asking me how come its not GIA. Out of curiosity, may I know what design did u choose for your decagon?

iamborisheng

Reaction score
Thanks! I was concerned with AGS as my mum was asking me how come its not GIA. Out of curiosity, may I know what design did u choose for your decagon?

I'm customizing my design something like this but in white gold and the curve design at the bottom in rose gold. You can see their insta or fb for inspiration.

106285803_3440118146020642_2409599640653494692_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.