HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Proposal Ring - Part 3

Like Tree996Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2019, 07:35 PM   #7351

Yes. The gia for 0.71 is 6301809050
Gia for 0.84 is 2318319680
The 0.71 is a D VVS2 with faint fluorescence. I'd rather drop the color and clarity and go for no fluorescence.

0.84 D VS1 is on the steep side on the 62.5% depth.

It will be easier if you have the scopes, these 2 seems to have some potential issues and it's better to get more info on them I feel

Btw, if you want to do price check. Give the GIA number to JP. Sometimes they can quote the same diamond at cheaper price from their hoh side
Old 18-02-2019, 08:10 PM   #7352

The 0.71 is a D VVS2 with faint fluorescence. I'd rather drop the color and clarity and go for no fluorescence.

0.84 D VS1 is on the steep side on the 62.5% depth.

It will be easier if you have the scopes, these 2 seems to have some potential issues and it's better to get more info on them I feel

Btw, if you want to do price check. Give the GIA number to JP. Sometimes they can quote the same diamond at cheaper price from their hoh side
Tyvm for the input. Very noob at this stuff
Maccabi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #7353

0.71 Vvs2 3ex fluorescence N colour D $5776
0.84 vs1 3ex fluorescence F colour D $7885
Had a quick look, the first one while cheaper and better clarity has more issues. Looks like a ‘short n fat’ diamond. Low depth n wide table. Cutter probably trying to max wt out

The 0.84 while lower clarity n with fluorescent appears ‘better cut’ just based on angles. I wouldn’t pick both. But if I had to, it would be the 0.84c. Faint fluorescent when curated well is not an issue. Just go HOH and ask to see them. Think it was a medium blue I saw... it was hardly milky or hazy.

As others pointed out, u need more info. But if your budget has the potential to buy the second stone then I’d say there are better options ard

Last edited by Miltah; 19-02-2019 at 08:16 AM..
Miltah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #7354

Here’s a story for u. Customer bought a 2 caret G graded stone and couldn’t believe it looked worse than her G-J coloured cluster ring from Tiffany.
It was brought back to be re-graded and guess what. It was a G color...the surrounding environment had a part to play

But here’s also the thing, when buying smaller diamonds, u can go lower color as it tends not to show as much. It’s general physics 101, light has a shorter path through a small diamond vs a larger one.

Old 19-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #7355
Master Member

Here’s a story for u. Customer bought a 2 caret G graded stone and couldn’t believe it looked worse than her G-J coloured cluster ring from Tiffany.
It was brought back to be re-graded and guess what. It was a G color...the surrounding environment had a part to play

But here’s also the thing, when buying smaller diamonds, u can go lower color as it tends not to show as much. It’s general physics 101, light has a shorter path through a small diamond vs a larger one.

I think the cut also plays a big part? I've seen SIC G colors and it does not give out any yellow tint even with such lighting, the pictured G color probably have a horrible cut too?
KinoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #7356

I think the cut also plays a big part? I've seen SIC G colors and it does not give out any yellow tint even with such lighting, the pictured G color probably have a horrible cut too?
The pictured G is a Whiteflash ACA which fulfils their specs but there was another pic which I didn’t upload which showed that there was less tint. So the ambient light plays a huge role
Old 19-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #7357

Perhaps given the right lighting and great cut...

4ct K color. That hardly looks like a K but I’m sure if u twirl it around, u will see the tint

Old 19-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #7358

Hi guys, I’m planning to head down to JP to buy my engagement ring. Booking my appointment now. I have totally no knowledge about rings.. Budget 4k - 5k
Anyone free to educate me haha.
green93green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #7359

Hi guys, I’m planning to head down to JP to buy my engagement ring. Booking my appointment now. I have totally no knowledge about rings.. Budget 4k - 5k
Anyone free to educate me haha.
Since you are already heading there, let the expert there to guide u. Does your budget include ring setting? To give u a rough idea I just pick up my ring from JP. Price is roughly 4.5k + 1k setting for a .58 F VS2 diamond with side diamonds setting.

I suggest you to ask for a diamond from HOH within the same budget for a comparison to JP sic.
Tord__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 06:56 PM   #7360

Had a quick look, the first one while cheaper and better clarity has more issues. Looks like a ‘short n fat’ diamond. Low depth n wide table. Cutter probably trying to max wt out

The 0.84 while lower clarity n with fluorescent appears ‘better cut’ just based on angles. I wouldn’t pick both. But if I had to, it would be the 0.84c. Faint fluorescent when curated well is not an issue. Just go HOH and ask to see them. Think it was a medium blue I saw... it was hardly milky or hazy.

As others pointed out, u need more info. But if your budget has the potential to buy the second stone then I’d say there are better options ard
I made a mistake. The 0.84 should be no florescene
Maccabi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 07:22 PM   #7361

Noted, thanks for the tips! Whoa its really exp. took me some time to save up to 5k
I read roughly what people post here, so it’s either a bigger diamond or a higher quality one.

Since you are already heading there, let the expert there to guide u. Does your budget include ring setting? To give u a rough idea I just pick up my ring from JP. Price is roughly 4.5k + 1k setting for a .58 F VS2 diamond with side diamonds setting.

I suggest you to ask for a diamond from HOH within the same budget for a comparison to JP sic.
green93green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 07:43 AM   #7362

When I said there’s value outside of JP at the 0.2-0.3C range, here’s what I mean ... (remembering that they dun certify anything under 0.3C)

If you only have a 3-4K budget, we know that’s only going to get u a 0.4+caret SIC.
But let’s say u went the online route with Brian Gavin diamonds. You can make a trinity or 3 diamond ring (0.2/0.3/0.2c) with F n G color. Small diamonds gets away with lower colors. This will come in about $$2.5k (gst added) add $600 for the ring at HOH

So would you have a 0.4C SIC or a 0.7c total weight with a 57x3 facets bling?
Old 20-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #7363

Noted, thanks for the tips! Whoa its really exp. took me some time to save up to 5k
I read roughly what people post here, so it’s either a bigger diamond or a higher quality one.
Last sentence more or less sum it up. I suggest taking a look at HOH first then JP. I regretted not looking at HOH diamonds before making my decision.
Tord__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #7364

See this video. It got show Super Ideal VS Ideal VS EXC. Easier to compare them this way. No matter the lighting, the Super Ideal will stand out the most. I'm not saying the Ideal cut is bad. When you look at the Ideal cut alone by itself, it can still look good. I'm sure like 99% of the population will still be satisfied with it. Only when you compare it next to the Super Ideal cut, then BAM! It takes a home run. Especially at the sunlight part.

Old 20-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #7365
Master Member

See this video. It got show Super Ideal VS Ideal VS EXC. Easier to compare them this way. No matter the lighting, the Super Ideal will stand out the most. I'm not saying the Ideal cut is bad. When you look at the Ideal cut alone by itself, it can still look good. I'm sure like 99% of the population will still be satisfied with it. Only when you compare it next to the Super Ideal cut, then BAM! It takes a home run. Especially at the sunlight part.

Haha, actually I think they used an ‘average’ ideal for the video. If you have the time and patience, wait for a ‘high ideal’ and it will be pretty close to a super ideal....keyword being time lol
KinoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.