HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Proposal Ring - Part 3

Like Tree1033Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2019, 03:48 PM   #8536

Did u ask to see HOH stocks?
Are u comfortable with online or SI clarity?
I didn't request to see HOH collection, though during the lesson some samples from HOH were shown and they do look good too. However, my SO emphasis was on cut hence was looking at SIC from JP only. Size wise, looking at 0.7+c and hence the various diamonds listed for comparison; they do fit within my budget. I asked about the 0.9c for reference.

Not comfortable with online, and would prefer clarity to be eye clean.
zlatan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 06:26 PM   #8537

Hi diamond experts, my bf bought the below diamond ring for me. We didnt have time to go JP to compare and just bought the ring at Love and Co.

Able to advice if we got a good buy? The salesperson told us this is ideal cut. Is this ideal cut?

$7800 excluding setting.
Carat: 0.71
Colour: F
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Ex
Symmetry: Ex
Fluorescence: none
Crown angle: 35 degree
Pavilion angle: 40.6 degree
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
100% (not sure if this refers to diameter of diamond): 5.71mm
Culet: 0.2%
Girdle: 0.23mm

Last edited by doubleface; 15-08-2019 at 08:28 PM..
doubleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 07:56 PM   #8538

Hi diamond experts, my bf bought the below diamond ring for me. We didnt have time to go JP to compare and just bought the ring at Love and Co.

Able to advice if we got a good buy? The salesperson told us this is ideal cut. Is this ideal cut?

$7800 excluding setting.
Carat: 0.71
Colour: F
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Ex
Symmetry: Ex
Fluorescence: none
Crown angle: 35 degree
Pavilion angle: 40.6 degree
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
100% (not sure if this refers to diameter of diamond): 5.71mm
Culet: 0.2%
Girdle: 0.23mm
You can look back afew pages to the prices.
JP SIC 0.73 F VVS2 is $7.3k. For the Ideal cut 0.72 F VS2 is 5.4k.

Your diamond's proportions are good. Light performance will need the scopes. Your bf buy already no need to think so much. Not like you can change anything. Be happy and enjoy your ring!
1000smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #8539

You can look back afew pages to the prices.
JP SIC 0.73 F VVS2 is $7.3k. For the Ideal cut 0.72 F VS2 is 5.4k.

Your diamond's proportions are good. Light performance will need the scopes. Your bf buy already no need to think so much. Not like you can change anything. Be happy and enjoy your ring!
Ohh. Means L&C is overpriced. ☹️
L&C says they dont have ASET scopes. They only provide me a Sarine Diamond Report where it states the light performance to be:
Brilliance: Exceptional (exceptional is 5/5 of rating)
Sparkle: Exceptional
Fire: Exceptional
Symmetry: Very high (very high is 4/5 of rating)

Not sure if anyone know if the light performance based on the stats given above is considered good? 😂

Though cant do anything about it since already bought liao but just curious about the light performance 😂

Thanks!
doubleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 10:46 PM   #8540
Master Member

L&C says they dont have ASET scopes. They only provide me a Sarine Diamond Report where it states the light performance to be:
Brilliance: Exceptional (exceptional is 5/5 of rating)
Sparkle: Exceptional
Fire: Exceptional
Symmetry: Very high (very high is 4/5 of rating)

Not sure if anyone know if the light performance based on the stats given above is considered good? 😂

Though cant do anything about it since already bought liao but just curious about the light performance 😂

Thanks!
Sarine is a cheap and useless report, basically can treat as trash. Some retailer use it to ‘market’ their diamond only.
KinoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 06:46 AM   #8541

Hello Miltah and Kino and the rest of bros

Would you be able to share your expertise on this uneven circle. I am not sure what should I call that. Is this a concern??
It is very minor.
But since it’s a SIC, it’s up to u if u willing to accept and if not then continue searching
Miltah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 06:52 AM   #8542

I hope u get a better deal on the setting.

Sarine has its place in manufacturing but less in retail. I dun think anyone can tell u light performance based on numbers
Old 16-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #8543

Hello Miltah & folks,

Can I get some advice please, thanks in advance and greatly appreciated!

Went to JP today and shortlisted these few, the 2 marked with asterisk are the final 2 I shortlisted and waiting for them to send over scope images before posting it here. Do you guys think that the 0.53 D color is the best choice out of all these?

0.53 F VVS1 - $4100 (*)
0.53 D VS1 - $4200 (*)
0.54 F VVS2 - $4200(1)
0.52 E VVS2 - $4200 (2)
0.56 F VVS2 - $4350 (3)
0.63 F VS1 - $4450 (4 HOH)
1teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #8544

Hi everyone,

Would like to seek your advice if a dated GIA certificate is something to be concerned about? Is there a possibility that it is a "second-hand" diamond or simply just unwanted by customers? The GIA certificate I'm looking at is dated September 2017. I'm a little concerned if this has been used or rejected before, since it has already been 2 years.

Also, do you know if a surface graining characteristic is a serious issue? Will it have any negative impact on the light performance on the diamond?

Thank you for taking time to help!
jingjing90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 05:54 AM   #8545

Can I get some advice please, thanks in advance and greatly appreciated!

Went to JP today and shortlisted these few, the 2 marked with asterisk are the final 2 I shortlisted and waiting for them to send over scope images before posting it here. Do you guys think that the 0.53 D color is the best choice out of all these?

0.53 F VVS1 - $4100 (*)
0.53 D VS1 - $4200 (*)
0.54 F VVS2 - $4200(1)
0.52 E VVS2 - $4200 (2)
0.56 F VVS2 - $4350 (3)
0.63 F VS1 - $4450 (4 HOH)
Clarity is graded 10x magnified so u won’t see anything with all those.
I’m color blind until H so D is wasted on me. Some may also find D too icy blue whereas an F might have a slight warmth which may enhance fire in some pple’s eyes
So my choice is (1)

But there’s been some really good HOH, so it’s up to u to decide
Old 17-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #8546

Hi everyone,

Would like to seek your advice if a dated GIA certificate is something to be concerned about? Is there a possibility that it is a "second-hand" diamond or simply just unwanted by customers? The GIA certificate I'm looking at is dated September 2017. I'm a little concerned if this has been used or rejected before, since it has already been 2 years.

Also, do you know if a surface graining characteristic is a serious issue? Will it have any negative impact on the light performance on the diamond?

Thank you for taking time to help!
2 yrs is hardly a long time. I’ve seen longer.
Its not an issue for me. But u should ask for a new grading report to make sure.
Frankly there’s no traceability so how would u know that a new date on a recent graded stone is not one that has been traded in previously?

But for surface graining that’s dependent.
Some can affect.
Just imagine a piece of plastic/glass. U take a sandpaper n rub it abit. That’s pretty much surface graining

Last edited by Miltah; 17-08-2019 at 04:15 PM..
Old 17-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #8547

Thanks Miltah! Do I request for re-grading from the jeweller? Would the diamond then have 2 GIA number inscriptions on it since a new grading will produce a new number?

I see. That looks pretty bad! If the clarity is vvs2, does it prove anything that the graining might not be that bad?
Old 18-08-2019, 08:35 AM   #8548

Thanks Miltah! Do I request for re-grading from the jeweller? Would the diamond then have 2 GIA number inscriptions on it since a new grading will produce a new number?

I see. That looks pretty bad! If the clarity is vvs2, does it prove anything that the graining might not be that bad?
I would definitely ask to regrade. The inscription will be the same, it will not produce a new no.
But on my earlier comments, there’s nothing stopping a jeweller from polishing off the inscription n regrade so essentially u get a new no.

Every surface graining is different. What are the first 3 inclusions under the symbols on the report?
Old 18-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #8549

I would definitely ask to regrade. The inscription will be the same, it will not produce a new no.
But on my earlier comments, there’s nothing stopping a jeweller from polishing off the inscription n regrade so essentially u get a new no.

Every surface graining is different. What are the first 3 inclusions under the symbols on the report?
It just states pinpoint and surface graining.
Old 18-08-2019, 02:59 PM   #8550

It just states pinpoint and surface graining.
It’s ranked in terms of severity
If the first one is surface graining that means it’s the grade setting clarity
If the first one is pinpoint then maybe can consider as the surface graining may not be so severe.

Last edited by Miltah; 18-08-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.