HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Proposal Ring - Part 3

Like Tree1037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #8791

To all the bros here I need some advice.

Anyone bought gemstones instead of diamonds? My so wants a blue sapphire ring but Iím kinda lost about where to go and start. Anyone with experience would help 😁. Also is it advisable to buy the gemstone online and set in singapore? Thanks.
reny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #8792

Rebate back to you guys for the help here! My Turn to share ring pic! Collected my ring ring last weekend and got to chalk up my 6k spending for 100k miles

FYI, Standard chartered had a sign up bonus for their Xcard. Spend 6k after 2 months of sign up date, and you can get 100k miles. They lowered it to 60k miles now already, but still worth it if you know you gonna spend that 6k.

Mine is a super ideal cut diamond of 0.72 F VVS2. Like many others here I went to JP and had excellent service from them. My SA is Sam. Only managed to confirm my diamond after going there 3rd time...
Mind you, each time I go is 1 - 2 hours. So definitely good service there at which no point I felt pressured at all.

I think its needless to say how shiny the diamond is. Everyone here comments the same thing about JP diamonds. All I can say is they really know their diamond stuff well and their services goes beyond the usual which I have experienced so far. I was running late to collect my ring and Sam brought out the card charging machine outside to me so I could use charge my card for points because their store was closed already. I only reach 8.45pm! Any other place would tell me to come another day, but not Sam (they close at like 8pm?).

Don't mind my ugly hands. Just finished my reservist outfield and got super tanned.

Nice ring! I tried applying for the Xcard but cannot apply liao. Can only register interest and wait for it to be back. Damn.. if only I knew abt this sooner.

I already have a $500 deposit with JP. The bulk of the balance only need to pay when I collect the ring. I'm figuring out whats the next best credit card to use. Any suggestions?
lowlowblowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #8793

Nice ring! I tried applying for the Xcard but cannot apply liao. Can only register interest and wait for it to be back. Damn.. if only I knew abt this sooner.

I already have a $500 deposit with JP. The bulk of the balance only need to pay when I collect the ring. I'm figuring out whats the next best credit card to use. Any suggestions?
If u use your cc u already paid for it.
If u choose to pay cash or transfer, there’s further discount.
So it really depends on your purchase if the miles earned exceed the discount that would be given
Miltah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #8794

To all the bros here I need some advice.

Anyone bought gemstones instead of diamonds? My so wants a blue sapphire ring but I’m kinda lost about where to go and start. Anyone with experience would help 😁. Also is it advisable to buy the gemstone online and set in singapore? Thanks.
There’s even less transparency with blues.

Brian Gavin has quite a selection of blues online. U can use it to gauge local prices
Old 10-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #8795

Oh, didnt know they close the application.
The next best cards are Krisflyler, Citi/UOB miles card. Good luck!

Congrats! Thatís alot of miles. Can use it for an overseas proposal.
Yes! I'm trying to see I can accumulate enough points by next year to do a Business class to Europe 😬
merlintehleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #8796

Hi all! Confirmed chope my diamond with JannPaul too!
I booked a SIC with them but now thinking maybe going for Octagon =p
Diamonds are really tip top and service I must say unbeatable. Can easily see how the top quality ones really shine. I can stare at the diamond all day if I could bring it home. haha

This is my scope images. It's my computer wallpaper now. lol

I was served by Sky very nice lad and was friendly and patient. He is like guiding a blur me through the whole session. We had actually stretched longer to about 3.5 hours as we talked more on the custom design.
I had a theme in mind and must say it wasn't easy to visualize....My line of work is in carpentry and I do simple designs myself.

Dovetail joints are used in carpentry for merging of 2 joints into a solid piece which provides strength while looking sleek. It also represents both parties conforming into the edges and curves in unison.

This is what they came up with so far and I really like the concept.
Aesthetically, I just wanted a simple ring. The connecting joints represents the carpentry work that I do. Some of the blocks are matted and glossy to create the contrast and wood element design. The Idea is to have these parts made individually, and combine it later to form the whole ring.

Bonus point which I must really say a big kudos to them! I might be able to try out my hand skills in the ring making. They suggested for me to "try" and mount the main diamond. All this is still in discussion to see if its possible. If can, it'll be soooooo cool. This will make it even more meaningful if I can be involved in the ring making process.

evelynleebali likes this.
aberfeldy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #8797

Hi all! Confirmed chope my diamond with JannPaul too!
I booked a SIC with them but now thinking maybe going for Octagon =p
Diamonds are really tip top and service I must say unbeatable. Can easily see how the top quality ones really shine. I can stare at the diamond all day if I could bring it home. haha

This is my scope images. It's my computer wallpaper now. lol

I was served by Sky very nice lad and was friendly and patient. He is like guiding a blur me through the whole session. We had actually stretched longer to about 3.5 hours as we talked more on the custom design.
I had a theme in mind and must say it wasn't easy to visualize....My line of work is in carpentry and I do simple designs myself.

Dovetail joints are used in carpentry for merging of 2 joints into a solid piece which provides strength while looking sleek. It also represents both parties conforming into the edges and curves in unison.

This is what they came up with so far and I really like the concept.
Aesthetically, I just wanted a simple ring. The connecting joints represents the carpentry work that I do. Some of the blocks are matted and glossy to create the contrast and wood element design. The Idea is to have these parts made individually, and combine it later to form the whole ring.

Bonus point which I must really say a big kudos to them! I might be able to try out my hand skills in the ring making. They suggested for me to "try" and mount the main diamond. All this is still in discussion to see if its possible. If can, it'll be soooooo cool. This will make it even more meaningful if I can be involved in the ring making process.

Interesting! Back then they didnt have this for me yet. You can literally tell your SO, I made this ring for you
beckslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #8798

Hey guys! These are my scope images:

From the other ASET scopes which I have seen in this forum, I noticed the inner eight blue arrows are normally a shade darker than the outer eight blue arrows. However, the blue arrows (inner and outer) on my diamond has the same shade of blue (pale blue). Should inner arrows be a darker shade of blue?

Also, from the magnified image of the actual diamond, I can also see patches of yellow, blue and brown. Is this normal?

Any other comments on the diamond would be appreciated. Thanks.
teachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 12:31 AM   #8799

From the other ASET scopes which I have seen in this forum, I noticed the inner eight blue arrows are normally a shade darker than the outer eight blue arrows. However, the blue arrows (inner and outer) on my diamond has the same shade of blue (pale blue). Should inner arrows be a darker shade of blue?

Also, from the magnified image of the actual diamond, I can also see patches of yellow, blue and brown. Is this normal?

The arrows are straight, each sector is symmetrical to a rather high level. The SIC is close to the perfect benchmark and perhaps you don't have to worry about the shades of blues, yellow and brown. Ultimately, I believe that there is not much difference when one sees the diamond with our eyes, so let your heart be at peace and enjoy the diamond you have selected and not so much into the perfection of it under the aset scope. You have got a good one there. Anyway, how many carat is this and you were quoted? (:
breakeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #8800

Also, from the magnified image of the actual diamond, I can also see patches of yellow, blue and brown. Is this normal? .
Thats cos u can see color in magnified view.

Old 14-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #8801

The scopes are perfect. The dark or light blue on the ASET shouldnt matter. It has the same meaning of contrast.

The actual diamond colors are the sparkles. Its like the photo version of the diamond in this video https://www.facebook.com/JannPaulDia...43646195667844

or like this one

Yep. I asked them for it already. This is mine

Last edited by evelynleebali; 14-10-2019 at 11:45 AM..
evelynleebali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #8802

Dear all,

I just bought a diamond ring from JP recently and paid a deposit of 1k.

Pls advise what is the protocol to settle the remaining amount as I was told to come down and make payment in full prior to collecting the ring (finished product). Thanks
ratedrsuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 12:11 AM   #8803

Dear all,

I just bought a diamond ring from JP recently and paid a deposit of 1k.

Pls advise what is the protocol to settle the remaining amount as I was told to come down and make payment in full prior to collecting the ring (finished product). Thanks
I only had to pay the balance when I collect the ring.
ThiamWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #8804

Dear Miltah and all,
my budget is about 4k in a rose gold setting - may i ask what lowest color grade can i go for best value for money?

Appreciate a lot your good deal recommendations online or from shop!!
tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #8805

Dear Miltah and all,
my budget is about 4k in a rose gold setting - may i ask what lowest color grade can i go for best value for money?

Appreciate a lot your good deal recommendations online or from shop!!
If u look back on the thread, there’s pros and cons with JP vs online.

If u go with JP, u are looking at a 0.4 plus caret SIC or 0.5 plus caret, ideal cut

0.43 D VS1 $3050
0.43 E VVS2 $2900
0.58 G VS1 $3,250 (ideal)
0.56 G VVS2 $3,300 (ideal)
0.58 E VS2 $3,500 (ideal)
0.51 G VVS2 - $3,500

If u go online, with rose gold, u can safely go with H color. U are looking at 0.6c n above

There’s additional discount now with signature stones. Use code attached

Last edited by Miltah; 16-10-2019 at 10:30 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.