HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Proposal Ring - Part 3

Like Tree1052Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2020, 11:27 PM   #9541

I've been told there's a wait time and I told my htb I dont mind waiting. I really really really want this. Anyone by any chance have indicative prices?
Am I wishing abit too much if it's 50-60% more than their SIC line? I work on front line so I dont really have time to go down, ,but my sister went to see 2 weeks back for awhile and said its nicer IRL than on the video even.

Thanks everyone who contributed to the thread it has been a very useful read. if anyone has indicative prices on the decagon do let me know much thanks!
Holy crap! lol That’s very very beautiful, and I’m a guy wth. White series collection from JP decagon only so far?
merlintehleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 01:58 PM   #9542
Supremacy Member

Hi brothers and sisters,

Anyone here can help give some opinions?
How does this diamond fare if i die die want 1 carat?
Price quoted is sgd2715
Tks tks!

IGI - LG380913857

Round brilliant
J color
SI 1
IDEAL cut
Polish: EXCELLENT
Symmetry: EXCELLENT
Measurement: 6.44 - 6.48 x 3.91 mm
Table size: 59.5%
Crown height: 13.5% - 33.7°
Pavillion depth: 43.5% - 41.1°
Girdle thickness: MEDIUM (FACETED)
Depth: 60.4%
Florescent: NONE
Seems like from SK?
linxiaobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 11:42 AM   #9543

You do realised people on this thread are perfectionist in terms of cuts(hint look at their post history). I think this looks very good already in my standard and i will buy in a heart beat if it is a fair price, but what do i know? Sometimes light performance only improves by the slightest bit if you go from a lightly imperfect cutting to a very perfect one, and price difference is a lot. Most people won't give a hoot more as long as it sparkles alright unless your future wife likes to brag. If your future wife prefer spending on a more tangible things, then all the more you know whats the decision.
I prefer to throw money in my upcoming home reno or whatnot then in a almost non-visible performance.

Hello everyone, are you guys able to look at this scopes and let me know how is this piece? Thank you very much.

Triple ex
Measurement: 5.85 - 5.88 x 3.62 mm
Table size: 57%
Crown angle: 34.5°
Pavillion angle: 40.8°
Depth: 61.7%

https://imgur.com/a/5vGNFla

Last edited by shallow; 24-07-2020 at 11:59 AM..
shallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 02:37 PM   #9544

Hi brothers and sisters,

Anyone here can help give some opinions?
How does this diamond fare if i die die want 1 carat?
Price quoted is sgd2715
Tks tks!

IGI - LG380913857

Round brilliant
J color
SI 1
IDEAL cut
Polish: EXCELLENT
Symmetry: EXCELLENT
Measurement: 6.44 - 6.48 x 3.91 mm
Table size: 59.5%
Crown height: 13.5% - 33.7°
Pavillion depth: 43.5% - 41.1°
Girdle thickness: MEDIUM (FACETED)
Depth: 60.4%
This is a lab grown FYI. I hope SK disclosed this to you.
For a labgrown, the price is expensive. Debeers is selling 1ct lab growns for 800 USD now and the prices is expected to drop much further.
CutiePie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 04:31 PM   #9545

Holy crap! lol That’s very very beautiful, and I’m a guy wth. White series collection from JP decagon only so far?
These are the ones they’ve released so far. I’ve seen all 3 when I went back to them for my wedding bands, all pretty crazy. The big surprise was the oval. It’s cheaper than the SIC round but the performance is way more fiery and whiter cause they use oval rough. Its worth to have a look. But better make an appointment in advance. They only got 1 prototype of each and there were alot of other ppl waiting to see it too.

freewilly5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 12:14 PM   #9546

Yup checked out their white series. ASET have perfect symmetry, like all JP standard to their SIC. What I can’t gather my head around is how they managed to get it brighter and brilliant. I took it outside under the sun and under the LED light and their white light.. it all looks unique and mad sparkly. Oval is lit.

From my understanding there’s proportions, ASET, optical symmetry. But all 3 visually is like 50- 60% on the spot brighter and more brilliant. So what else is there to look out for besides the ASET? I thought ASET will show all the light return?
koifishclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 03:35 PM   #9547

Yup checked out their white series. ASET have perfect symmetry, like all JP standard to their SIC. What I can’t gather my head around is how they managed to get it brighter and brilliant. I took it outside under the sun and under the LED light and their white light.. it all looks unique and mad sparkly. Oval is lit.

From my understanding there’s proportions, ASET, optical symmetry. But all 3 visually is like 50- 60% on the spot brighter and more brilliant. So what else is there to look out for besides the ASET? I thought ASET will show all the light return?
but oval looks... 'oldish' to me. i like the decagon shape thou..
Old 27-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #9548

but oval looks... 'oldish' to me. i like the decagon shape thou..
Yeah, Decagon shape is nice. It's not too different.
I thought the oval was not bad too. It has a wider spread than the round so it looks bigger for the same carat weight. And the price is cheaper than the SIC too and summore with better brightness. I guess for those that want a bigger size but have a budget, can consider the oval.
Old 29-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #9549

Hi all, I'm lookig to sell my engagement ring from Jann Paul but understand that they do not do buyback due to the lack of certification. I understand from them that there's a trade in policy where you get to keep 100% value of the diamond and trade up for a bigger one. I have a 0.42c diamond bought from them 2 years back at SGD3,200. Trying my luck here to see if anyone wants to take it from me (at both our agreed price of course) and use it to buy a bigger ring than mine. I'm in no rush to sell; pls PM me for info, thanks!

Last edited by nbsswap; 29-07-2020 at 03:26 PM..
nbsswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 08:19 PM   #9550

Brought my gf down to JP for 2nd visit and she directly told me she wants the white series. lol. We narrowed down either the decagon or oval. Initially, I was quite set on the decagon and I do prefer the decagon. She said no point getting the white series round since its going to be different. Might as well go for the more special shape, which I agree.

Then she saw the oval. At first we're not too sure about it, but after they put it on top of her hand to see. The more we see it, the nicer it looks. Eugene told us that oval shape goes better on longer fingers like my gf and suitable for her hand shape. Also, the oval has wider spread than the round so it will look bigger for the same carat. Plus the oval is priced cheaper than the SIC too. So tempting.....

We need to place an order for them to custom cut either one. But can't decide on which. I was ready to go ahead with the decagon but the more me and my gf see the oval, the more we're leaning towards it. The fire and sparkle of it is also very intense and already outshines the round. Just can't decide which shape to go for. What do you guys think?

This is the decagon

the oval

P.S. the oval is hearts and arrows (8) too.
Old 30-07-2020, 11:30 PM   #9551

Brought my gf down to JP for 2nd visit and she directly told me she wants the white series. lol. We narrowed down either the decagon or oval. Initially, I was quite set on the decagon and I do prefer the decagon. She said no point getting the white series round since its going to be different. Might as well go for the more special shape, which I agree.

Then she saw the oval. At first we're not too sure about it, but after they put it on top of her hand to see. The more we see it, the nicer it looks. Eugene told us that oval shape goes better on longer fingers like my gf and suitable for her hand shape. Also, the oval has wider spread than the round so it will look bigger for the same carat. Plus the oval is priced cheaper than the SIC too. So tempting.....

We need to place an order for them to custom cut either one. But can't decide on which. I was ready to go ahead with the decagon but the more me and my gf see the oval, the more we're leaning towards it. The fire and sparkle of it is also very intense and already outshines the round. Just can't decide which shape to go for. What do you guys think?

This is the decagon

the oval

P.S. the oval is hearts and arrows (8) too.
Havent seen the oval in person but darn it looks good..if you're both interested in it go for it! Its unique, what size is that?
uniquely_ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #9552

Havent seen the oval in person but darn it looks good..if you're both interested in it go for it! Its unique, what size is that?
The oval in the pic is 0.7ct. I'm looking at 0.7ct also but they're not selling that piece right now cos they only have that 1 piece available that they need to show around. So I'll have to pre-order another a new one.

The oval looks even better in real life man. They also showed it to me outside the shop. Even though there wasn't much sun, it was still damn sparkly. I'm like 80% committed to it already. lol. Just getting more feedbacks from friends and family.
Old 31-07-2020, 06:33 PM   #9553

The oval in the pic is 0.7ct. I'm looking at 0.7ct also but they're not selling that piece right now cos they only have that 1 piece available that they need to show around. So I'll have to pre-order another a new one.

The oval looks even better in real life man. They also showed it to me outside the shop. Even though there wasn't much sun, it was still damn sparkly. I'm like 80% committed to it already. lol. Just getting more feedbacks from friends and family.
I would say go for the oval one. It really looks good on ur gf’s finger btw what’s her finger size?
mardybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:13 AM   #9554

This is seriously damn chio..

SushiBoy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #9555
Supremacy Member

Went to jannpaul to look see, in the end placed a deposit for decagon 0.71-0.72 carat quoted around 7k for G-F VVS1-VVS2. Ok price? Specs not confirmed as still cutting
ahhjiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.