chinese language pack screws up search results in win10

Supersian

Reaction score
hi guys, do not install the chinese language pack cos when u search, the results will appear in chinese even if you uninstall the pack later. there is no way to revert except reinstall os

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least show some screenshots of what you are talking about, and how you installed the language pack, why you needed it etc.

I suppose you wanted to change the display language in Win10?

I am sure you have to change some settings besides uninstalling the language pack...

Supersian

Reaction score
i wanted to make notepad display chinese characters but actually i could just change the locale. can't believe win10 to have this annoying bug. even installing another language pack does not override it lol. guess i'll just wait for the creators update next year and see how it goes

2ccb8b51c3.png

2cdd735f9a.png

Last edited:

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
If you want to input chinese in your notepad, you don't need to install the chinese language mui pack.

All you need to do is add a language
Start -> type "Language" -> click on "Add a languge"
Select either chinese simplified or chinese traditional.
Then you can input into your notepad to display chinese.

The MUI packs are to change the User Interface of the System.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.