HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Copy of Windows 10 OS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

Asus ux303
Just use standard SSD is good enough.
I am also using UX303 but old i5 generation (came with Win7 then free upgrade to Win10).
cscs3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

I know I’m stupid I did not create one. Now I am having problems finding another laptop to run as admin and create a usb flash drive for recovery.

Did you create a recovery USB flash drive for recovery when laptop is new?
You should use SSD from Sim Lim or buy from internet. I bough 480G at $180 only.
Matrock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

Okie. Thanks

Just use standard SSD is good enough.
I am also using UX303 but old i5 generation (came with Win7 then free upgrade to Win10).
Old 31-07-2018, 06:47 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

Asus ux303
Youtube video > How to install SSD in Asus ZenBook UX303 | Hard Drive replacement

Seem a number of screws to handle.. and notice it dis-connect the battery wires before proceeding.

Remember on how you remove and when re-fix it will be in reverse order.

Other related > This video shows how you can replace your HDD with another one or SSD in Asus UX310 Series
Google for more..

Don't worry as you may be better this.. in 2 parts;
> Asus Zenbook ux303u-SSD Samsung Evo Upgrade, Part1
> Samsung SSD Upgrade - Asus Zenbook ux303u, Part2
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

Just went sim Lim. Saw that they have e Samsung evo 860 and 860 Pro.

The pro version comes in 512gb while e normal evo is 500gb

Do we need the pro or the normal version is good enough?beside higher read write speed is there any more significant benefits of the pro vs the normal?

Why does the SSD Comes in 500gb or 250gb? I thought the convection way is 128, 256 and 512?

Thanks
Use the normal version as i am using 500GB Samsung EVO 750 for 1+ year.

Different brand do have different varies size as like SanDisk 480GB.
Old 31-07-2018, 07:15 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can consider crucial ssd if u know how to buy on lazada. As there is promo for this drive.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

Ok will go see. Thanks

Can consider crucial ssd if u know how to buy on lazada. As there is promo for this drive.
Old 31-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #23
Supremacy Member

Thanks thanks. Appreciate once again.

Youtube video > How to install SSD in Asus ZenBook UX303 | Hard Drive replacement

Seem a number of screws to handle.. and notice it dis-connect the battery wires before proceeding.

Remember on how you remove and when re-fix it will be in reverse order.

Other related > This video shows how you can replace your HDD with another one or SSD in Asus UX310 Series
Google for more..

Don't worry as you may be better this.. in 2 parts;
> Asus Zenbook ux303u-SSD Samsung Evo Upgrade, Part1
> Samsung SSD Upgrade - Asus Zenbook ux303u, Part2
Old 03-08-2018, 12:01 AM   #24
Supremacy Member

Update: just finished replacing the SSD and installed a fresh copy of windows.

When I open up to unscrew and replace it was extremely tough. There were 2 screws on each side of the metal plate at the side when I screw it back the screws was slanted and not fit in nicely.

The battery was at the side of the SSD making it very hard to reach the screws at the SSD, I had to hold the battery up and put my screwdriver in to try and unscrew. E SSD given by Asus was covered in silver wrapping. I had to plug out the SSD and remove it instead of like the video where you just have to move a bit to take it out

After installing windows it did not ask me for my laptop serial number to activate the OS.

Not sure what the sticky strip was for on the old SSD thus I did not remove and put on my new SSD.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:00 AM   #25

If by sticky strip you mean the top horizontal 'bar' on the image you attached, it's an EMI gasket. Used to connect two conductive metals together to reduce e/m emissions from the laptop. Shouldn't make much difference if you left it out.
SiaoAngMoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:28 AM   #26
Supremacy Member

Yes yes I meant that and I left it out. If the screws are slanted by abit when I screw it to my new SSD would it be an issue?

If by sticky strip you mean the top horizontal 'bar' on the image you attached, it's an EMI gasket. Used to connect two conductive metals together to reduce e/m emissions from the laptop. Shouldn't make much difference if you left it out.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #27

You shouldn't left out the cushion strip, it act as a cushion to prevent direct hard impact when the laptop taking a knock. It also act as a vibration adsorb when using the HDD.

Everything comes with a cost, if it's not necessary, do you think Asus will bother to put it there in the first place?

Experience is the teacher of all things.
Julius Caesar
commach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #28
Master Member

You shouldn't left out the cushion strip, it act as a cushion to prevent direct hard impact when the laptop taking a knock. It also act as a vibration adsorb when using the HDD.

Everything comes with a cost, if it's not necessary, do you think Asus will bother to put it there in the first place?

QFT.

The EMI gasket is something you shouldn't leave out either... can always get some cheap cheap one from china
Old 03-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

Yes yes I meant that and I left it out. If the screws are slanted by abit when I screw it to my new SSD would it be an issue?

Congratulation on successful replacement of SSD and Windows 10 activation!

If the SSD is unable to move about it should be safe enough.

As for that piece of sticky strip it is best to put it as it is since it could be design for a specific purpose.

My laptops do not have such strip as the SSD location is independently covered & secured, unlike yours.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #30

I been re-installing countless of times of my macbook bootcamp once installed the key already tied up with your laptop..

so when you install it you dont need to key in serial number just skip that process and connect to an internet so long as no major changes on hardware it should get activated (If im right)
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.