www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Windows OS (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/windows-os-377/)
-   -   Google Chrome keep popping out error due to old version (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/windows-os-377/google-chrome-keep-popping-out-error-due-old-version-5965649.html)

MBoI1986 02-01-2019 12:45 PM

Google Chrome keep popping out error due to old version

Dear All,

Due to some web application limitation, I will have to prevent Chrome to update to latest version 71. I am currently using version 63 in order for the web application to work properly.

Hence I did the following by deleting both google tasks in the task scheduler, set google update in registry to zero and also stopped the google update services under Windows Services.

However now it will display the following error randomly throughout the day:
Can't update Chrome
Chrome couldn't update to the latest version, so you're missing out on features and security fixes.

I managed to stop the Google Chrome from automatically updating to Google Chrome 71 but is there any way to stop this error from appearing?

eric3743 02-01-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBoI1986 (Post 118418387)
Dear All,

Due to some web application limitation, I will have to prevent Chrome to update to latest version 71. I am currently using version 63 in order for the web application to work properly.

Hence I did the following by deleting both google tasks in the task scheduler, set google update in registry to zero and also stopped the google update services under Windows Services.

However now it will display the following error randomly throughout the day:
Can't update Chrome
Chrome couldn't update to the latest version, so you're missing out on features and security fixes.

I managed to stop the Google Chrome from automatically updating to Google Chrome 71 but is there any way to stop this error from appearing?

Not sure this would helps or not.

How to Stop Automatic Chrome Updates in Windows

uncle_josh 09-01-2019 10:03 AM

simply delete (or zip backup) the 'Update' folder on C:\Program Files\Google\Update or in x64 systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update. you may also delete/rename the GoogleUpdate.exe in that folder.