Help on Windows 10

czyank

Reaction score
My desktop recently did a windows update automatically. Ever since then, I can't start up my system.

It gets stuck at the windows loading page, after 3 times, it tries to go into automatic recovery mode, but then it will be blank screen.

I tried to download windows installation media on a thumb drive and tried to reboot it from there, but it will state enter recovery mode and the screen will just turn blue.

Want to check if there's anything I can do before I bring it to SLS. Also, if I do a reset from Bios, will it only remove data from c drive? Or will it remove from every drive? Please help!!

icekool

Reaction score
Create a recovery USB from another computer and use it on your desktop.

Google for "win10 recovery usb" and use the steps from easeus.com.

Sorry, not enuf rights to post direct link.

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Go bios, disable "secure boot"

Download
1. Ventoy
2. Strelec's WinPE for Windows 10
3. Windows 10 from Microsoft

Create a bootable USB from the Ventoy utility
Put both Strelec's ISO and Windows 10 ISO onto the Ventoy usb

Boot your pc from Ventoy usb stick and select Strelec
Copy out all your data

Reboot you pc, now boot from the Ventoy usb stick and select Windows 10

Perform a clean installation.

My desktop recently did a windows update automatically. Ever since then, I can't start up my system.

It gets stuck at the windows loading page, after 3 times, it tries to go into automatic recovery mode, but then it will be blank screen.

I tried to download windows installation media on a thumb drive and tried to reboot it from there, but it will state enter recovery mode and the screen will just turn blue.

Want to check if there's anything I can do before I bring it to SLS. Also, if I do a reset from Bios, will it only remove data from c drive? Or will it remove from every drive? Please help!!

irbadboyz

Reaction score
Hey bro, IT Support guy here. It does seem like your OS is corrupted, unless your hardware has not restarted in a long time, but as you have said, it seems to stop when the OS is booting up.

Take note, if your hardware has not restarted in a long long time, check if your capacitors in your motherboard are not swollen, of course I really dont think this is the issue, but check just in case.

As for the windows, load the troubleshooter and load from a restore point. That would be the easiest solution, if there is a restore point.

If not, full wipe brother. Full fresh install is what you need. Don't waste any more effort on this It will take too much of your time. Take our the hard drive and see if you can recover the data files before you do that in your documents desktop etc.

IT Support

tsteo77

Reaction score

Go to sls to get it fix, seem like your os is screw up.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.