How to get funshion working in Windows 8

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Right click on the funshion icon on your desktop.

Select properties & compatibility tab.

Tick "Run this program in compatility mode" using Windows XP(Service pack 3)
Tick "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."
Tick "Run this program as an administrator"

Reboot Win 8 & viola.

This fix applies to Funshion 2.8.1.35 running on x64 or x86 Windows 8 Pro. Hopefully Funshion will release a new version soon & we don't need to run in compatibility & admin mode anymore.

Last edited:

Jarvis-

Reaction score
Did you happen to get iTunes 10.7 to work as well on Windows 8? :D
Sync is broken in Windows 8.

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In Funhsion downloading task , let say you are downloading 10 movies and some are pending , when you power-off your comoputer and power back on your comoputer , are the 10 movies pending to download still listed in the downloading task window ?

onuris

Reaction score
hi coyote,

tried your steps, this time round the program is not able to run.
Would you know why?

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OMG...try the step yesterday and after setting and restart....totally no post screen....black screen looking back at me.

Power off and power on a few time still black screen and nothing happened.

Finally do a motherboard bios reset than can boot into Window 8 and this time fully uninstall Funhsion and re-install again and set back all the defaults setting.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Norman, if need to reset bios to boot windows, meaning nothing to do funshion correct? cannotbe so powerful to prevent startup. mine just work, but i disable starting funshion on windows start up, not sure it matters.

for funshion 2.8.1.35, i notice if you set to download task, it will resume after restart provided funshion is launched also. its configurable.

question though is on win 8, no straight forward ways to start up into desktop bypassing metro. there is open source classic desktop to do that but i have not try it myself, try it at your own risk.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine does not work in the beginning also, after few days it starts asking to allow to run it with admin privilege, then it starts to work.

does not seemed to be stable, that's for sure.

one of my system fushion will stop functioning at times. the other one seemed more stable. diff is first one uses nvidia graphics the later uses a intel graphics.

hi coyote,

tried your steps, this time round the program is not able to run.
Would you know why?

Last edited:

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really do not know why this happened.....maybe got time tham try again...ha...ha...but can confirm if you just upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8 , Funhsion 100% no problem...done that on my friend computer. Maybe clean install than got such problem.

Anyway...why must the compatility mode be set to "using Windows XP(Service pack 3)" and not "Win 7" ?

jameshong

Reaction score
I have downloading some movies and some are pending once i power-off my notebook and retsart again, all my movie in the downloading task window become empty liao...!

Anyone got solution?

Last edited:

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please follow the trick in post #1 & see if it helps.

I have downloading some movies and some are pending once i power-off my notebook and retsart again, all my movie in the downloading task window become empty liao...!

Anyone got solution?

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Found another more stable ways.

On older OS like XP or Vista, install version 2.8.1.17 after few reboot, it will ask you to update to version 2.8.2.17 which is no where to be found from Funshion download site. Just proceed & you will have 2.8.2.17 installed. This version seemed more stable than the 2.8.1.35 one can download from Funshion.

Copy all the files from your XP/Vista/7's C:\Program Files (x86)\Funshion Online\Funshion

to the corresponding directory of your Win 8 pro pc.

The 2.8.1.35 will still hang from time to time, but the 2.8.2.17 seemed to be more stable.

I installed 2.8.1.17 on Win8, though it ask to update to 2.8.2.17, but the update was never successful. So I just copied the files from the older windows.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Couple of Windows 8 updates later, funshion 2.8.2.17 is screwed again...

Yet another update...

Funshion is preparing a restricted Win8 beta tester version upon request... test at your own risk as usual. Go here.

Funshion Forum

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.