Problem/s with Win8 - Post Here !

nightmeh

Reaction score
Immediately after installation, I replug my 2 other SATA Hard Drives and it just hang there...

Coolsmurf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my screen wasn't taking up the whole lcd. so went to ati website and download win8 driver. that was the only problem.

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is your audio device name. Probably a driver issue.

You have to explain this. Don't really get what you mean by 'itunes unable to detect itunes'.

Check for updated chipset drivers for your motherboard. I've seen this error a few times. Updated mobo drivers usually fix it.

Unfortunately Asus hasn't done **** about it.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about Windows does not allow installation of Adobe Flash Plugins for apps like firefox or FX viewers. Ends up it achieve only one purpose, forcing everyone to use IE... :(

Any one knows how to install Adobe Flash Plugins so other apps can use Flash players in windows also?

IXUS888

Reaction score
my problem with windows 8 pro... I used the IE to view poems, and in the live update of stocks... the stocks are flickering... then it crashes... strange... but when I view it in desktop mode, it is also flickering but does not crash... the error is bad_pool_head...

digitalguy

Reaction score
i set up dual boot, on and off i get blue screen when i switch from windows 8 to 7 or vice versa, decided to stick with windows 7.:s13:

adzam3

Reaction score
Don't install Mcafee Internet Security. It messed up my Win8 twice requiring the DVD setup disk to do refresh repair.

Where do we get the DVD setup disk ? Mine asking for the disk when I do a refresh it says missing files. Got my windows 8 online.
Even trying to restore back to windows 7 pro with recovery disk also cannot , maybe I will give it a rest and try tomorrow. Wasted whole day fiddling with the pc.

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
No problem on my Windows 8 with ESET NOD32.

Good to know. That's one utility that works then.

Immediately after installation, I replug my 2 other SATA Hard Drives and it just hang there...

More info please. Can you see the drives in SATA? When does it hang? Every time you restart?

How about Windows does not allow installation of Adobe Flash Plugins for apps like firefox or FX viewers. Ends up it achieve only one purpose, forcing everyone to use IE... :(

Any one knows how to install Adobe Flash Plugins so other apps can use Flash players in windows also?

I have Flash, etc running on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. What error do you get?

my problem with windows 8 pro... I used the IE to view poems, and in the live update of stocks... the stocks are flickering... then it crashes... strange... but when I view it in desktop mode, it is also flickering but does not crash... the error is bad_pool_head...

IE Modern UI is not as fully featured as desktop IE.

Where do we get the DVD setup disk ? Mine asking for the disk when I do a refresh it says missing files. Got my windows 8 online.
Even trying to restore back to windows 7 pro with recovery disk also cannot , maybe I will give it a rest and try tomorrow. Wasted whole day fiddling with the pc.

Check your email receipt. They have a link there.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when i go to my paper with firefox, it launches the FX viewer which require flash, it complained flash is not instaled, or disabled.

when i tried to install flash player, it complained flash is not compatible with windows.

Good to know. That's one utility that works then.

More info please. Can you see the drives in SATA? When does it hang? Every time you restart?

I have Flash, etc running on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. What error do you get?

IE Modern UI is not as fully featured as desktop IE.

Check your email receipt. They have a link there.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another problem is with funshion, tried different versions, all can only play video once, upon reboot, it does not switch i to e player window to play the video.

shiaogao

Reaction score
I am having problems with the app store cannot view any apps plus all the live id apps does not display anything, keeps searching on a blank screen.
Internet connection no problems.
The stock tile displays the ST index but when expended its blank.
News tile does not work
I have signed on using my windows id and not local id so not sure whats the problem, also disabled my firewall to no avail.
Upgraded from windows 7 pro.
Any help would be appreciated
Tried googling also no joy.....

I had the same problem as you when upgraded my Win7 to Win8. Some websites suggested that antivirus might cause the metro tile not working. Uninstalled Norton antivirus and the metro tile works. Re-installed Norton and metro tiles still working. You might want to try uninstall your antivirus and see if it works.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had been using win 8 release version for at least 2 months now because it's released much earlier for microsoft education partners. So far, not much of a problem except some serious problem:

1. Using AMD Firepro graphics card, so far only release preview driver for that and no release driver.

2. 2 weeks ago while using half way the system just hangs, after restarting windows is corrupted and I had to reformat and reinstall. A friend also using win 8 release version had exactly the same problem as me after the same time of usage. I hope there was already an update that addressed this, don't want to reformat every month.

kirito

Reaction score
yes found the solution by installing Win7 back. :s8:

Tried googling for keyboard / mouse problem, but there's no solution :(

hi i also face the same issue as you, i came to to reply this. lol

basically how this windows 8 work is that when you shut down the win 8, it save a part of it somewhere. have you notice that when you boot up the next time, it is so fast? mine was like 3 - 5 sec to login screen.

the normal booting of previous version window does was long boot, where the system will query all parts of your pc such as all port, cpu, gpu, ram blah blah blah that is why the load time longer.

this window 8 save part of these boot before hand... when you boot up the next time, it never run these on hand. that is why you cannot use keyboard or mouse.

i think there is a setting somewhere to set full booting. havent really explore yet.

basically my shortcut to overcome this is to do a hard restart. :O

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.