Windows 8.1 is LIVE now

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Okay big problem now. Much help appreciated. Just restarted my pc after 8.1 was installed. Upon reaching the windows logo, my screen turns black w nothing showing up. Keyboard and other pehiperals working fine. System restore did nothing too.

MUCH HELP AAPPRECIATED ON THIS ISSUE.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Okay big problem now. Much help appreciated. Just restarted my pc after 8.1 was installed. Upon reaching the windows logo, my screen turns black w nothing showing up. Keyboard and other pehiperals working fine. System restore did nothing too.

MUCH HELP AAPPRECIATED ON THIS ISSUE.

Tried restarting also nothing? My installation was midway until it restarted automatically then I was at the 'Gathering Devices 5% screen', later it went black for a long time so I forced restart.

Teng Zai

Reaction score
Anyone know how to centralize the charms panel?
And also, the apps tiles now become smaller, for 1440P user the older one looked so much better.

jarred1223

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to set it so when you boot up your laptop it goes straight to desktop?

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Tried restarting also nothing? My installation was midway until it restarted automatically then I was at the 'Gathering Devices 5% screen', later it went black for a long time so I forced restart.

I finished installing mine to no avail. Thought it had to do w my gfx drivers, plugged into my onboard graphic and it showed a message: attempted execute of no execute error.

Tried to do system restore countless times to no avail. Think its bricked. Gonna reinstall everything again……

Teng Zai

Reaction score
how to set it so when you boot up your laptop it goes straight to desktop?

Right click the task bar.
Go to navigation tab.
Under start screen, tick "blahblahblah... Go to the desktop instead of start"

Also, can tick Show my desktop background to have your desktop background on the start. Do play around with the new stuff :s22:

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Restored back to win8 (luckily clone b4 installing 8.1), as after installing win8.1, stuck at black screen for long long time. Restart, repair to no avail.

fre3dom85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally completed the installation. So far so good.

I still like modern ui, simple and fast.

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Restored back to win8 (luckily clone b4 installing 8.1), as after installing win8.1, stuck at black screen for long long time. Restart, repair to no avail.

Same problem too. Not sure what's the issue but holding but upgrading to 8.1 for the time being. Just reinstalled and reformatted everything sigh.

fre3dom85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now my x-fi sound card has no audio.. Gotta troubleshoot arghhh!! Always happen after a window upgrade

shenwu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why does all my text looks blurry after the update? It's not sharp as before :(

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Right click the task bar.
Go to navigation tab.
Under start screen, tick "blahblahblah... Go to the desktop instead of start"

Also, can tick Show my desktop background to have your desktop background on the start. Do play around with the new stuff :s22:

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. With or without the start logo, was more used to shortcut keys on the keyboard.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I finished installing mine to no avail. Thought it had to do w my gfx drivers, plugged into my onboard graphic and it showed a message: attempted execute of no execute error.

Tried to do system restore countless times to no avail. Think its bricked. Gonna reinstall everything again……

It's weird that you can reach windows to do restore cause even if the 8.1 installation failed, it should attempt to continue after restarting.

fre3dom85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm facing problem with my creative x-fi titanium. There are no audio despite the drivers being install.

Anyone facing this problem?

Ragemeteora81

Reaction score
I'm also having issues upgrading to 8.1; after downloading the update and rebooting my pc, twice it will sort of not progress any further after "Applying PC settings".... I'm also getting the black screen issue

Zakhri32

Reaction score
Can't get mine to install successfully, was at the "Setting up a few more things" stage at around 50% and suddenly my PC restarted and Windows was restoring back my previous version.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.