HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Windows OS

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #1

Windows OS

Hi all, can someone recommend me where to purchase cheap and legit windows OS online? Have my DIY pc now but I can't remember where did I purchase my online key from.
petshijie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

dunno about cheap but legit would be:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/windows/get-windows-10
Mach3.2 likes this.
Ferolare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #3

I remember someone recommended windows product key below $80? Was looking at that price range actually.
Old 29-04-2018, 02:38 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

reddit software exchange? i dunno how legit they are but my office still working after many years.
|||||||||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #5

reddit software exchange? i dunno how legit they are but my office still working after many years.
My current PC is using that and it's working fine. Previously purchase was few years back and I bought window 8.1 and free upgrade to Windows 10. Did a check and now there isn't free upgrade anymore.

Anyway i probably use Reddit if that's the only source now. Thanks!
Old 29-04-2018, 03:19 PM   #6
Master Member

Hi all, can someone recommend me where to purchase cheap and legit windows OS online? Have my DIY pc now but I can't remember where did I purchase my online key from.
Carousell a lot sellers
ItsmeagainhK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 03:19 PM   #7

My current PC is using that and it's working fine. Previously purchase was few years back and I bought window 8.1 and free upgrade to Windows 10. Did a check and now there isn't free upgrade anymore.

Anyway i probably use Reddit if that's the only source now. Thanks!
If you have Windows 8.1 upgraded to Windows 10 for Free, you should have a Windows 10 Digital License already.

Just link your Windows 10 license with a Microsoft account and you can use your microsoft account to active windows 10 anytime you reinstall your PC.

Check out this link for instructions

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-r...ardware-change
Old 29-04-2018, 04:13 PM   #8

bookmarked
Soccer Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #9
Honorary Member

If you have Windows 8.1 upgraded to Windows 10 for Free, you should have a Windows 10 Digital License already.

Just link your Windows 10 license with a Microsoft account and you can use your microsoft account to active windows 10 anytime you reinstall your PC.

Thanks for this info. I really need to link my Windows licence with my account to facilitate future re-activation.
Kiwi8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #10

Thanks for the information. Actually I got a new DIY PC for my friend and I told him that I could get the OS online which is cheaper than retail price. Help him save cost cause budget constraint. But I kinda forgot where did I purchase and there's too many sources to chose from. So posting this thread to see which marketplace can I purchase the windows key from.
Old 29-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #11
Master Member

i know windows 10 can now be link to email account. any idea if ms office is able to do that? i tried to activate in another pc (signed out on the original pc) but it doesn't work.
lifeishard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

i know windows 10 can now be link to email account. any idea if ms office is able to do that? i tried to activate in another pc (signed out on the original pc) but it doesn't work.
Officer 365 subscription based.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 05:16 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

Thanks for this info. I really need to link my Windows licence with my account to facilitate future re-activation.
depending on key it is limited to number of hardware. if you reformat same hardware, it will auto activate
Old 30-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

be careful of purchasing from reddit, i had mine deactivated before. called Microsoft up and they said the key not for public use.. the seller fly aeroplane after that.
Phen8210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #15

just curious if we DIY the hardware, it is likely we will change the pieces, in this case need to buy another windows OS?

How do we know if the copy we have is like that?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.