Facebook app integration with people hub

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kewl
  • 1 Post By technolust
  • 1 Post By kewl

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #1

Facebook app integration with people hub

I have been using a WP8.1 phone all this while, and now that i have a new phone with Win 10, I noticed that the Facebook app no longer syncs with the people hub. Is there a configuration I'm missing somewhere?

In WP8.1, i can open the people hub, and go to the "What's New" tab, and it will show me my fb news. In Win 10, this does happen. If i were to sideload the WP8.1 app onto the Win 10 phone, i get back this functionality but then i can only find the xap to the older version (8.3.7.0 vs 8.3.10).

I also noticed that if i were to restore my WP8.1 backup onto the new Win 10 phone, it somehow copies the WP8.1 FB app too (the latest 8.3.10).

Anyone using the Win10 FB app and can get the What's New tab in the people hub working?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

I have been using a WP8.1 phone all this while, and now that i have a new phone with Win 10, I noticed that the Facebook app no longer syncs with the people hub. Is there a configuration I'm missing somewhere?

In WP8.1, i can open the people hub, and go to the "What's New" tab, and it will show me my fb news. In Win 10, this does happen. If i were to sideload the WP8.1 app onto the Win 10 phone, i get back this functionality but then i can only find the xap to the older version (8.3.7.0 vs 8.3.10).

I also noticed that if i were to restore my WP8.1 backup onto the new Win 10 phone, it somehow copies the WP8.1 FB app too (the latest 8.3.10).

Anyone using the Win10 FB app and can get the What's New tab in the people hub working?
Hihi, I think there is no more integration with FB for the peepur hub in WP!0. Think many features have been gutted from the pp hub so mayb FB was gone too
I checked you can only link to certain other apps like twitter etc only
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-05-2017, 08:40 PM   #3

Hihi, I think there is no more integration with FB for the peepur hub in WP!0. Think many features have been gutted from the pp hub so mayb FB was gone too
I checked you can only link to certain other apps like twitter etc only
Ahh that sucks. So the people hub becomes just a phone book. It used to be able to send messages via FB, see news, photos, everything. haiz..

Think this only occurs with the creators update. My lumia 640 was able to see fb news on the people hub but it was gone after the creators update.

Kinda missing WP8.1. Moving from WP7 to WP8.1, the change was very positive. Not so from WP8.1 to WP10. On the other hand, moving from Windows 8 on my tablet to Windows 10 was a positive change. MS really need to get their act together.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.