HTC One M8 for Windows

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Lumia 930 is totally different last year's phones what...

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree with the quote from Pocketnow. If camera is not the deciding factor, WPM8 is the way to go. Lumia design is getting stale imho.

I like the squarish Lumia design and it is one of the main reason for switching OS.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
WP_20140902_20_03_09_Pro.jpg

spotted in singapore ! but you cant have it yet ! :p

AlvinPwn

Reaction score
I also have the HTC One M8 for Windows! I own the Verizon unit and it works fine here except its inability to pick up StarHub LTE bands. You guys need to know anything about it?

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also have the HTC One M8 for Windows! I own the Verizon unit and it works fine here except its inability to pick up StarHub LTE bands. You guys need to know anything about it?
Hi Hi , i was thinking about getting this but was concerned about it not being able to work here. So i assume the verizon one is unlocked? Did you consider getting the AT&T version? It should have LTE here but there seems to be no unlocked version available.

other than inability to recieve starhub LTE bands, Are there any other limitations? Hows the phone so far? Battery life etc
Some pictures will be nice :)

I used to have a HTC 8X, it was nice phone but battery life was insufficient. The focus seems to be more on microsofts own lumia phones now :(

AlvinPwn

Reaction score
Hi Hi , i was thinking about getting this but was concerned about it not being able to work here. So i assume the verizon one is unlocked? Did you consider getting the AT&T version? It should have LTE here but there seems to be no unlocked version available.

other than inability to recieve starhub LTE bands, Are there any other limitations? Hows the phone so far? Battery life etc
Some pictures will be nice :)

I used to have a HTC 8X, it was nice phone but battery life was insufficient. The focus seems to be more on microsofts own lumia phones now :(

Battery life is alot better than my 920. Since I got the phone on the 18th Jan, the battery has never died. Which is great compared to my 920 dying every single day. The phone is the best Windows Phone I've owned so far. Screen is great, phone is fast (never gotten the "resuming..." screen) and worth it.

Verizon unit comes unlocked and I didn't want to deal with the hassle of unlocking it. I mostly get H with H+ appearing occasionally.

Pics:
Dyiusst.jpg

ocny31e.jpg

Last edited:

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery life is alot better than my 920. Since I got the phone on the 18th Jan, the battery has never died. Which is great compared to my 920 dying every single day. The phone is the best Windows Phone I've owned so far. Screen is great, phone is fast (never gotten the "resuming..." screen) and worth it.

Verizon unit comes unlocked and I didn't want to deal with the hassle of unlocking it. I mostly get H with H+ appearing occasionally.

Pics:
Dyiusst.jpg

ocny31e.jpg
yah i had the htc m7 also so was tempted to try out the m8 with windows. Resuming is common on my 1520 but the main concern now is how far the m8 windows will be supported. Like for some case of the 8x, they didnt event get 8.1. i got it using developer preview.

Btw, did you disable blinkfeed? personally i think its uneccessary battery waster on windows phone since we have live tiles :p

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score

Pics:

That's a sweet looking phone! Unfortunately I can't get a non 4G ones now after moving on a few months ago.

Its impossible to game on 3G with the latency.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet looking phone! Unfortunately I can't get a non 4G ones now after moving on a few months ago.

Its impossible to game on 3G with the latency.
i did hear that HTC will launch the M9 for windows at the end of summer in time for the wp 10 official launch. Hopefully they will sell it globally this time though i heard its to be released first in the US again :(

AlvinPwn

Reaction score
Changed the housing on my M8 :D

So I got a little bored of Gunmetal Grey on my M8 for Windows, so I changed its housing to Gold
bKm0HYV.jpg
Its a nice change and it has a better grip to the glossier grey of the M8 as the gold is more matte.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HTC one M8 with windows phone 10

Hi All
I managed to get a good condition gunmetal grey HTC one M8 windows and loaded WP10 on it via insider

I have loaded the production build and so far so good even though it was not officially supported for windows phone 10

Still one of the better builds and feels for a windows phone
This the ATT unlocked version which enables us to get 4G here in Singapore :s12:

rTp2VS1.jpg
[/IMG]

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.