HTC One M8 for Windows

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, does this interest you guys?

The One M8 has nice speakers, metal body, which is quite nice, but for me I don't see the point leh. While it is nice to see more Windows Phone OEMs coming back, I would still get the Lumia 1520 if I wanted a Windows Phone. :/

This is HTC's One M8 running Windows Phone | The Verge

14800724541_53fe4708d0_b.jpg

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
its look nice but still nokia is the way to go . and this dont look likely to have the camera button which is crazy since this is a high end device . and unless the nokia suite of software is also released for them, ill highly unlikely to get one.

Just curious, does this interest you guys?

The One M8 has nice speakers, metal body, which is quite nice, but for me I don't see the point leh. While it is nice to see more Windows Phone OEMs coming back, I would still get the Lumia 1520 if I wanted a Windows Phone. :/

This is HTC's One M8 running Windows Phone | The Verge

14800724541_53fe4708d0_b.jpg

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its look nice but still nokia is the way to go . and this dont look likely to have the camera button which is crazy since this is a high end device . and unless the nokia suite of software is also released for them, ill highly unlikely to get one.

I think for the hardware camera button is no longer a standard for WP8.1. That's because MS is trying to allow OEMs to reuse the Android models for WP. In other words, MS is giving to Google here... :(

BTW, the lower speaker grills looks weird.... Too low imo.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
I think for the hardware camera button is no longer a standard for WP8.1. That's because MS is trying to allow OEMs to reuse the Android models for WP. In other words, MS is giving to Google here... :(

BTW, the lower speaker grills looks weird.... Too low imo.

yeah . and i find the soft keys weird too . they should remove the htc logo and put hardware keys there . so much space wasted .

and since it should have the same double camera feature, they should really implement the hardware camera button key .

the only reason i will consider getting this is the boomsound.

scourge

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah . and i find the soft keys weird too . they should remove the htc logo and put hardware keys there . so much space wasted .

This is the same for Android HTC One M8. Large space wasted.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
Camera needs to be better. (eg: Lumia's 930 20MP PureView with OIS)
Despite its 'UltraPixel', its no better than the 2 years old Lumia 920.

Other than that, this is an awesome piece of hardware screaming buyyy!!

Last edited:

bedlamite

Reaction score
The M8's camera is terrible. Everything else about it is champion, however the camera is a major letdown for a flagship.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Awesome... I always love htc design. Can't wait for it. If camera is your concern, nokia is still the way to go. But for feel, i think it hard to argue htc is the winner unless they do away with the metal... I got a feeling it may use a 13mp sensor rather than 4mp

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Camera needs to be better. (eg: Lumia's 930 20MP PureView with OIS)
Despite its 'UltraPixel', its no better than the 2 years old Lumia 920.

Other than that, this is an awesome piece of hardware screaming buyyy!!

I own a htc one m7 amd i dont fully agree. 920 have more pixel therefore more crop space and details. However in the night, the m7 camera really take brighter and less noise shot... It very much scenerio dependant.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
I own a htc one m7 amd i dont fully agree. 920 have more pixel therefore more crop space and details. However in the night, the m7 camera really take brighter and less noise shot... It very much scenerio dependant.

My bad, maybe I shouldn't bring 920 into the picture... but we'll see once the M8 WP is out :)

Optical Image Stabalization is very important for video and low light shots. Even if the M8 does have a brighter shots, the 930 is able to compensate for that via longer shutter without causing blur.
Plus oversampling by combining/interpolating multiple pixels into one to reduce noise, its able to turn up the ISO a little more.

From here you can see how awful the Galaxy S5 is without OIS:

With the lack of MP, most photo ends up with a lot less detail and the inability to zoom.
Nokia Lumia Icon/930 Camera

If you've read the Lumia 1020 whitepaper... HTC is actually taking a great risk to take on Nokia in terms of low light performance via bigger pixel to achieving a slightly better result and yet sacrificing a lot more.
http://i.nokia.com/blob/view/-/2723846/data/1/-/Lumia1020-whitepaper.pdf

mWSNRs.jpg

------------------

Camera is the only area I won't get the M8, but for all other aspects its a good deal!
-Metallic hardware/great original design
-IR blaster
-Great screen
etc etc

Last edited:

cbu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still have my old HTC Trophy with shattered screen on my table... ><

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
Still have my old HTC Trophy with shattered screen on my table... ><

Mine's still working :D there's also a new Lumia 800 hanging around

w7ySgF.jpg

BEOQ6u.jpg

yeah, HTC was my first WP too. What a blast from the past :D

Last edited:

bedlamite

Reaction score
Camera is the only area I won't get the M8, but for all other aspects its a good deal!
-IR blaster
-Great screen
etc etc

The M8's camera performance may indeed be a dealbreaker for some. When you think Windows Phone, you think Nokia and their crazy imba camera tech, and in that respect the M8 unfortunately can't keep up.

It's good to see htc making a return to WP though, more OEM support is always a good thing. LG G3 next?

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My bad, maybe I shouldn't bring 920 into the picture... but we'll see once the M8 WP is out :)

Optical Image Stabalization is very important for video and low light shots. Even if the M8 does have a brighter shots, the 930 is able to compensate for that via longer shutter without causing blur.
Plus oversampling by combining/interpolating multiple pixels into one to reduce noise, its able to turn up the ISO a little more.------------------

-IR blaster
-Great screen
etc etc
agree. The m8 camera is crap since they remove ois... But somehow htc hold a special place in my heart... Still remember my old wm htc diamond, touch hd, diamond 2 and hd2... I will say htc is an experience phone where great design and material win your heart. But dont expect nokia kind of camera quality from htc

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My M7 used to be good with low light shots. Noise level control is really really good. Here are some of the shots I took using M7, before the Sense 6 update. But the camera seems bad after the update.

Frankly speaking, if we are not zooming, UltraPixel is really up to the job for low light. I'm really eager to see what HTC will be bringing to the table for Windows Phone. :D

Last edited:

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
My M7 used to be good with low light shots. Noise level control is really really good. Here are some of the shots I took using M7, before the Sense 6 update. But the camera seems bad after the update.

Frankly speaking, if we are not zooming, UltraPixel is really up to the job for low light. I'm really eager to see what HTC will be bringing to the table for Windows Phone. :D

I'll ask for a review unit if this one ever makes it out of US to Singapore.
We'll see :s13:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me I had good experience with HTC android phones, so this could be interesting. I still have the M7 at home and lowlight shots are decent without a doubt without needing much effort. But nothing that can't be achieved on the Lumia 1520 with longer exposure and steady hands. And the images will turn out nicer too with plenty of room to crop. :p

Not sure what kind of optimization they can do but HTC one M8's battery life actually isn't bad. We just have to wait till August 19th to know more. And if it will ever come to Singapore. Hahaha.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me I had good experience with HTC android phones, so this could be interesting. I still have the M7 at home and lowlight shots are decent without a doubt without needing much effort. But nothing that can't be achieved on the Lumia 1520 with longer exposure and steady hands. And the images will turn out nicer too with plenty of room to crop. :p

Not sure what kind of optimization they can do but HTC one M8's battery life actually isn't bad. We just have to wait till August 19th to know more. And if it will ever come to Singapore. Hahaha.
Yup, I have good experience with Htc in general. Have always been a supporter of their products n so far lucky to have gotten good units n service. I have the htc flyer which is one of the best tablets I ever owned. I was also an early adopter of the htc 8x which still works wonderfully n has a new lease of life with 8.1. Have the m7 now so would be interesting to see wat htc brings to windows. Mayb can replace my 8x with it. :0. Was actually saving money for the BB passport in sept ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.