HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #46
High Supremacy Member

Like I mention in the Sony Thread.... they can market it as a superb can fly can swim device.... but if they don't bring the damn thing in.... we can only drool and wow over the internet.... we don't get to own it.. they don't get to sell it... the market share won't increase....

Unlike maker like Sam...... they tickle our balls with the next model... get you excited.... saliva dripping... within month... they are on the shelf....

Waiting for Windows phone is like 牛朗与织女......... got to wait long long....
Ya. You got a point there as well. I thought only flagships will be slow, but seems like every model is a slow coach for MS. That's not good at all.
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:19 PM   #47
Master Member

Coming soon liao. Was told official date to see this sexy is on 18th April.
Hopefully Bro..... all the major brand already launch or launching their flag ship model.... MS mid range model no where in sight..... sigh.... don't even dare to think how long they take to bring in the flagship....
SExiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #48
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hopefully Bro..... all the major brand already launch or launching their flag ship model.... MS mid range model no where in sight..... sigh.... don't even dare to think how long they take to bring in the flagship....
Was told, the wait for flagship device will only end when WP10 is officially released.

So for now, we can only hold on to our existing flagships or temporary find one mid range device to play with - points to the Lumia 830.
ahtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #49

What is Microsoft Office 365?

http://www.windowscentral.com/what-microsoft-office-365

this is what you will be getting when you purchase L640XL
Old 14-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #50
High Supremacy Member

Still waiting for the news.... BTW 1 quick qn. I see no dedicated camera button for 640 XL. So how can we quick launch camera now? Or can't do anymore?

Old 15-04-2015, 10:24 AM   #51
Master Member

Still waiting for the news.... BTW 1 quick qn. I see no dedicated camera button for 640 XL. So how can we quick launch camera now? Or can't do anymore?
Hi Kopi22,

yes there will be no hardbutton for camera on the Lumia 640 or 640XL.

The quick launch would be on the LIVE TILE or the "short-cut" button if you have set your device to Windows Phone 10.

The phone is due to be launched this week, 18th April 2015 with one year free Office 365 (IMHO is the killer freebie) + 12 months of 60mins SKYPE Intl Calling + 1TB of OneDrive Storage.

Priced at S$429, it is truly gonna be a highly competitive phone for the market.

We have tested out the phone's camera, it is definitely decent enough, plus the front camera is like the Lumia 730 - superb for selfies. (though I must say, SELFIE TAKING IS A DISEASE! Stop taking selfies!!!)
kopi22 likes this.
Old 15-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #52

Hi Kopi22,

yes there will be no hardbutton for camera on the Lumia 640 or 640XL.

The quick launch would be on the LIVE TILE or the "short-cut" button if you have set your device to Windows Phone 10.

The phone is due to be launched this week, 18th April 2015 with one year free Office 365 (IMHO is the killer freebie) + 12 months of 60mins SKYPE Intl Calling + 1TB of OneDrive Storage.

Priced at S$429, it is truly gonna be a highly competitive phone for the market.

We have tested out the phone's camera, it is definitely decent enough, plus the front camera is like the Lumia 730 - superb for selfies. (though I must say, SELFIE TAKING IS A DISEASE! Stop taking selfies!!!)
$429 for xl?
How much is 640?
Ibodnano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #53
Master Member

$429 for xl?
How much is 640?

This should be the only one time i will respond to you iBodNano because you weren't trolling.

And thank you for that.
Old 15-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #54

This should be the only one time i will respond to you iBodNano because you weren't trolling.

And thank you for that.
Any info on telcom offers? If the XL will be priced for 100$ in my current plan, I might get this and just buy the flagship phone in full price on W10 launch.

My 920 (I might have been dropping it more now just to have an excuse to get a new phone but the damn thing keeps on working) contract was finished last December and I need to play with a new toy.
bitwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #55
High Supremacy Member

And thank you for that.
Wow... 640 is really much cheaper.... I was expecting XL to be less than 400 though...

Regardless, XL is a very attractive mid-tier model. BTW, where can I purchase one without contract? I'm still trying to make up my mind between Cyan or White....

Last edited by kopi22; 15-04-2015 at 02:02 PM..
Old 15-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #56

Wow... 640 is really much cheaper.... I was expecting XL to be less than 400 though...

Regardless, XL is a very attractive mid-tier model. BTW, where can I purchase one without contract? I'm still trying to make up my mind between Cyan or White....
same thought on the XL's price
adv_illusioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #57
Master Member

The last we spoke to MSFT guys, these devices will be available island wide with major telcos.

And confirmed that Lumia Stores will be selling them.

Of course, u can check your friendly handphone dealers like @Adix82 if he is bringing them in?

As for me, I am gonna get 640XL. Size does matter.
Old 15-04-2015, 09:03 PM   #58
High Supremacy Member

The last we spoke to MSFT guys, these devices will be available island wide with major telcos.

And confirmed that Lumia Stores will be selling them.

Of course, u can check your friendly handphone dealers like @Adix82 if he is bringing them in?

As for me, I am gonna get 640XL. Size does matter.
Ditto. I'm used to the size of 1520 and Note 4. 5" is just nice for one hand operations, but the camera is not up to my expectations. XL it shall be....

Waiting for @Adix82 as well.... Got most of my phones from him.
Old 15-04-2015, 09:07 PM   #59
Master Member

Ditto. I'm used to the size of 1520 and Note 4. 5" is just nice for one hand operations, but the camera is not up to my expectations. XL it shall be....

Waiting for @Adix82 as well.... Got most of my phones from him.
I cannot tahan small screens. need to catch up on Agents Of Shield, The Flash, Fresh off The Boat and also the Avengers assemble cartoons every week while I am driving around. LOL
Old 15-04-2015, 09:13 PM   #60
Master Member

Speaking of which ... on today's THE FLASH.

Surface Pro 3 seen used by Mercury Labs.

And also seen on Agents of Shield frequently.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.