Lumia 950XL & 950 - WP10 Flagship

Ibodnano

Reaction score
Don't know why it is so quiet here these days.

I am going to Taipei end of this month, I wonder how much they sell Lumia 950 for. Is it dual Sim?

psychob0i

Reaction score
Lumia 950XL

Just stumbled upon this thread after so long..

Will be flying to Aussie in 2 weeks time.. saw that the Lumia 950/950xl there is almost half the price than SG. But checked and they say no international warranty coverage.

Should I buy? Anybody know if there are trustable 3rd party services for 950xl in SG? And is it ex?

androidmazon

Reaction score
Just stumbled upon this thread after so long..

Will be flying to Aussie in 2 weeks time.. saw that the Lumia 950/950xl there is almost half the price than SG. But checked and they say no international warranty coverage.

Should I buy? Anybody know if there are trustable 3rd party services for 950xl in SG? And is it ex?

Many of us got the 950/950XL way before it was released in SG, these are the so-called export set that do not have local warranty coverage. You can still send in to local MS service centre under the out-of-warranty service. Some one mentioned GW Mobile here.

androidmazon

Reaction score
Don't know why it is so quiet here these days.

I am going to Taipei end of this month, I wonder how much they sell Lumia 950 for. Is it dual Sim?

Read in news that only the 950 (single SIM) was official launched in Taiwan, not the 950XL. And Synnex is the exclusive agent to sell the phone, targeting at enterprise customer, the reference price for the phone is NT$21,900.

bitwise

Reaction score
With the release of Surface Studio.... just makes me more excited and hyped for a Surface Phone.

It's the only thing missing in their product line now.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When will they ever release it? Yesterday event has no mention of even mobile at all. All products are targeting niche and professional markets and not much are consumer products other than the surface book. Even band 3 was cancelled

With the release of Surface Studio.... just makes me more excited and hyped for a Surface Phone.

It's the only thing missing in their product line now.

psychob0i

Reaction score
Alright thanks alot man. Anybody here have any experiences sending in their export set for servicing? Havn't got the time to read through these 100+ pages.

Think I will really be grabbing mine in Aussie. Wonder when SG will have the same promo as other countries..

Many of us got the 950/950XL way before it was released in SG, these are the so-called export set that do not have local warranty coverage. You can still send in to local MS service centre under the out-of-warranty service. Some one mentioned GW Mobile here.

Ibodnano

Reaction score
Alright thanks alot man. Anybody here have any experiences sending in their export set for servicing? Havn't got the time to read through these 100+ pages.

Think I will really be grabbing mine in Aussie. Wonder when SG will have the same promo as other countries..

Should get it from eBay, dual Sim. Aussie version is single Sim.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
facing some hardware issue with my 950xl.

it is overheating at the area in btw the infra red sensor and the top speaker phone grill.

and when i am charging my device, it will flash some green flashing screen when charging above 70% .

and battery drain is overwhelming and the overheating at the particular spot is crazy.

and a big sigh that microsoft outsource their repair to an agent called b2x.

went down to the singapore service centre and they refuse to fix my set.

went to their website and cant even navigate to the USA webpage and i am stuck in the singapore webpage.

and when chatting with the service agent, they are unable to let me know of an agent based in the USA nor were they able to give me an email that i can write to in the USA.

its crazy now that i cant find a place to fix my 950xl.

a big sigh.

anyone has any experience of fixing their US sets ?

androidmazon

Reaction score

it is overheating at the area in btw the infra red sensor and the top speaker phone grill.

and when i am charging my device, it will flash some green flashing screen when charging above 70% .

and battery drain is overwhelming and the overheating at the particular spot is crazy.

went to their website and cant even navigate to the USA webpage and i am stuck in the singapore webpage.

and when chatting with the service agent, they are unable to let me know of an agent based in the USA nor were they able to give me an email that i can write to in the USA.

a big sigh.

Bro, ask this in WC, maybe someone can advise on the email/contact of the US based agent.

Btw, did you try factory reset?

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

a big sigh.

Bro, bring to JB to service, I know the Malaysia ms will service export sets cause I broke my 950xl screen before and they replace for me for a cost. Mine was a us set

Last edited:

HL

Reaction score
U have kangtao for battery replacement? Thinking to keep one for my 950

I read in the forums some buy from Ali Express. Don't think its 100%original but they say it works fine. Seems new batt also solved some of the phone issues..

Last edited:

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, ask this in WC, maybe someone can advise on the email/contact of the US based agent.

Btw, did you try factory reset?

i will try that bah .

i do have a contact within microsoft but that contact went MIA 2 weeks ago.

he told me shouldnt be an issue bringing it down to local service centre.

i have yet to try it with a new battery but i seriously doubt its the battery cos the heat is coming from the motherboard.

the local service centre also told me should be a motherboard issue but they cant do anything about it cos its a different part number.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, bring to JB to service, I know the Malaysia ms will service export sets cause I broke my 950xl screen before and they replace for me for a cost. Mine was a us set

where is the service centre in JB located ?

i hope the replacement for the motherboard wont cost me a bomb.

hate it when microsoft outsource their servicing to outside agent . zzz

androidmazon

Reaction score
where is the service centre in JB located ?

i hope the replacement for the motherboard wont cost me a bomb.

hate it when microsoft outsource their servicing to outside agent . zzz

this one?

Mobile Technic (M) Sdn Bhd

L4-65 & L-4-66, Digital Valley@Danga City Mall, Jalan Tun Abdul Razak,, Johor Bahru, 80000
Monday to Friday 10am to 7pm, Saturday 10am to 2pm

Tel: 6072282211

androidmazon

Reaction score
i will try that bah .

i do have a contact within microsoft but that contact went MIA 2 weeks ago.

he told me shouldnt be an issue bringing it down to local service centre.

i have yet to try it with a new battery but i seriously doubt its the battery cos the heat is coming from the motherboard.

the local service centre also told me should be a motherboard issue but they cant do anything about it cos its a different part number.

I recalled a few months back that my 950XL also experienced sudden heat up, but I can't remembered whether it was a specific spot or what, the battery drained speedily, almost as fast as the original charger can charge. A factory reset solved the issue.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
I recalled a few months back that my 950XL also experienced sudden heat up, but I can't remembered whether it was a specific spot or what, the battery drained speedily, almost as fast as the original charger can charge. A factory reset solved the issue.

factory reset did not solve my issue .

i still have that localised overheating. and when im charging my phone above 70%, any notification will trigger a green flashing green. z

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did u try to search on the windows central forums about this problem ? I think might be related to the sd810 overheat issues? Big IF here
Generally it seems 950xl has more issues from the start compared to the 950. Touch wood :s22:

factory reset did not solve my issue .

i still have that localised overheating. and when im charging my phone above 70%, any notification will trigger a green flashing green. z

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.