Lumia Cyan Update available now!!

HL

Reaction score
The notification center doesn't seem to be controlling the Whatsapp properly. It ignores my notification settings if the messages come in while you are using the app itself. E.g. I set vibration and banners off but they still come on. Anyone with the same observations?

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The notification center doesn't seem to be controlling the Whatsapp properly. It ignores my notification settings if the messages come in while you are using the app itself. E.g. I set vibration and banners off but they still come on. Anyone with the same observations?

I'm sure there will be problems sync-ing between apps and the new action center.... This is totally something new on WP. Maybe lots of apps will be affected too.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I m abit confused and would like some advice from bros here, if we have the 8.1 DP, will our phones still b updated to the final 8.1 with cyan. Do we need to downgrade to 8.0 first. This is assuming we do not have bitlocker. There is conflicting reports on wpcentral that we can do it merely by disabling the preview option rather than downgrade back to 8.1. Any clarification will help. Thanks :)

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
Right now there's no official words from Microsoft. Those tips given are hit and misses. Works for some don't work for others . But for me I think just upgrade normally first . Then if you experience any problem and can't boot up then use the Nokia suite to flash back to 8 and upgrade . No harm trying cos if you revert back to 8 first then all your data will be gone.
Hi guys, I m abit confused and would like some advice from bros here, if we have the 8.1 DP, will our phones still b updated to the final 8.1 with cyan. Do we need to downgrade to 8.0 first. This is assuming we do not have bitlocker. There is conflicting reports on wpcentral that we can do it merely by disabling the preview option rather than downgrade back to 8.1. Any clarification will help. Thanks :)

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
And right now only 2 models have the update available . So wait for it to be out then try . Those on developer preview might have to wait abit cos Microsoft seems to have stopped the update for us while they fix issues I guess .

warnold007

Reaction score
Just to chime in...
my 925 was on 8.1 developer preview and was able to update directly to Cyan a few days ago when it first came out.
So far everything is smooth and did not notice any issues with it. :)

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to chime in...
my 925 was on 8.1 developer preview and was able to update directly to Cyan a few days ago when it first came out.
So far everything is smooth and did not notice any issues with it. :)
Thanks man, though i think they stopped the w8.1 DP update halfway through the updates for the 925 and 625 when the bitlocker issue came up.

Anyway now have to wait for the 1520, wait till neck long long liao, thought finally coming this month, then kena kick in the balls when they say 8.1DP will be postponed. :(

It better dun drag till later than android L release.... :p

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updates for 1020 and 1520 leh??? Wait till neck long liaoz.... :(:(

greythorne

Reaction score
In the US AT&T already released for the 1520. I bet it's going even longer for the telcos to release it. Dang!

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's just too slow here... I was hoping updates for top of cream models will be released sooner, but guess I'm wrong.... :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.