Lumia stores?

lagur_sg

Reaction score
Hi, I'm fairly new in SG and been to malls like SimLim then I realized that there's no higher-end Lumia phones selling, well there's few but only sells 640/XL at best considering it's SimLim.

So I conclude that WP is not popular here but just wondering if there's a good shop that sells wide variety of Nokia Lumia phones?

joeltng

Reaction score
Hi, I'm fairly new in SG and been to malls like SimLim then I realized that there's no higher-end Lumia phones selling, well there's few but only sells 640/XL at best considering it's SimLim.

So I conclude that WP is not popular here but just wondering if there's a good shop that sells wide variety of Nokia Lumia phones?

For the love of god don;t go sim lim to buy stuff, esp if you;re not familar with it. Theres some lumia stores around....funan has one.

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I bought a lumia 930 at funan about a year ago... :o

wonder if the shop is still there... :o

lagur_sg

Reaction score
For the love of god don;t go sim lim to buy stuff, esp if you;re not familar with it. Theres some lumia stores around....funan has one.

I'm familiar and aware with the place so no need to exaggerate. I'm looking for some pc parts but t's inconvenient to go there and there's a lot of mobile store now as compared to like around 10yrs ago which is mostly PC stuff. There are tons of mobile stores there I would expect at least one store would sell bargain Lumia phones but sadly there's none.

Last time I check Funan I only found Microsoft booth. Could you name other store?

joeltng

Reaction score
I'm familiar and aware with the place so no need to exaggerate. I'm looking for some pc parts but t's inconvenient to go there and there's a lot of mobile store now as compared to like around 10yrs ago which is mostly PC stuff. There are tons of mobile stores there I would expect at least one store would sell bargain Lumia phones but sadly there's none.

Last time I check Funan I only found Microsoft booth. Could you name other store?

I don;t think its a exaggeration at all. Sim Lim is a pretty shaddy place. even the better known stores used to (might still) have really shady practices. :/

The microsoft booth is what is left of the lumia store.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Don't buy phones in Sim Lim. Go to Funan first floor to buy Lumia phones.

You may be familiar but there are some things you may not know.

Sent from Window 10 using GAGT

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought a lumia 930 at funan about a year ago... :o

wonder if the shop is still there... :o
The shop is still there. Think it has became a Microsoft Experience corner shop.

lagur_sg

Reaction score
Don't buy phones in Sim Lim. Go to Funan first floor to buy Lumia phones.

You may be familiar but there are some things you may not know.
If you tell me I won't get out alive aside from being scammed then me going back there was a big mistake.

Not planning to buy a phone soon. I'm only started to wonder for a mall to have like thousands of mobiles shops there's non-existence of windows phone (ok flagship WP phones)... as a fan of WP this is just sad hehehe :s13:

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you tell me I won't get out alive aside from being scammed then me going back there was a big mistake.

Not planning to buy a phone soon. I'm only started to wonder for a mall to have like thousands of mobiles shops there's non-existence of windows phone (ok flagship WP phones)... as a fan of WP this is just sad hehehe :s13:
Singapore market is not ready for Windows Phone just yet. It is slowly penetrating but still a far distance away from mainstream. That is why you see less shops actually carrying it.

Rickosw

Reaction score

there are new OFFICIAL MSFT FLAGSHIP SHOPS opening around the world, NYC & SYDNEY will be open this month - like RIGHT SMACK in the major shopping district / tourist areas ...

will SG have one? lets keep fingers cross .... and hope we will eventually see a "proper shop")

lagur_sg

Reaction score
Singapore market is not ready for Windows Phone just yet. It is slowly penetrating but still a far distance away from mainstream. That is why you see less shops actually carrying it.

Yeah I can see that now...

there are new OFFICIAL MSFT FLAGSHIP SHOPS opening around the world, NYC & SYDNEY will be open this month - like RIGHT SMACK in the major shopping district / tourist areas ...

will SG have one? lets keep fingers cross .... and hope we will eventually see a "proper shop")

Interesting. MS should wrap up their Win10mobile plus open a official MS store here then that would increase popularity.

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Think Microsoft Singapore is not actively promoting Windows Phone in Singapore aggressively. So retailers are not selling, and it does not bother to set up its own stores and outlets like Apple. No wonder it is already losing the mobile war from the start.

echoblue

Reaction score
Agree. When you go to other southeast asian countries, such a big difference.more ads and stores selling Lumias...

Think Microsoft Singapore is not actively promoting Windows Phone in Singapore aggressively. So retailers are not selling, and it does not bother to set up its own stores and outlets like Apple. No wonder it is already losing the mobile war from the start.

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is Steve Ballmer or satay nutella problem, but they managed to get Microsoft into this vicious cycle and lost market dominance. Google was literally flooding the market with Android handsets at all price points.

Microsoft sat back and watched passively. Microsoft did not push for Windows Phone, no retailer dare/bothered to carry/sell Windows Phones, customers have no way to buy one even if they were interested, developers saw nobody using Windows Phones and did not develop any app. Market share is thus lost.

Funny that Stephen Elop talked about the burning platform while in Nokia and the urgency to change and react to the situation, but didn't say the same thing to his Microsoft top management. Probably they were still in denial believing that Windows and Office would continue to save them.

Last edited:

melvintwj

Reaction score
Hahaha I think SG is largely filled with sheeps who only knows iPhone and Samsungs. They are not technically invested so it is pretty darn difficult to capture the market here.

I don't expect Windows Mobile to do well here unless it takes off in somewhere, say, US. SG is mostly influenced by other cultures, most dare not try new things.

lagur_sg

Reaction score
I went to Funan MS booth few weeks back and the seller seems to lost his interest the moment I ask L930/830 stocks. Hopeless...

I'll check JB City Square next.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.