HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

missing apps in window store

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2017, 12:31 PM   #1

missing apps in window store

I found one of the purchased apps I'm using is not in window store anymore. How do I get back the apps?
cz287cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #2

I believe the app has not been updated for ages, or failed to update with age rating as per Windows Store's requirement, hence was deleted by MS.
No way you can get back if it was deleted. I too have paid app that was deleted and cannot be retrieved.

I found one of the purchased apps I'm using is not in window store anymore. How do I get back the apps?
androidmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #3

I believe the app has not been updated for ages, or failed to update with age rating as per Windows Store's requirement, hence was deleted by MS.
No way you can get back if it was deleted. I too have paid app that was deleted and cannot be retrieved.

Is it possible to retrieve the apps file that are in the phone so that I can installed later?
Old 08-03-2017, 05:09 PM   #4

There is an "App Data Manage Tool" developed by XDA-developers forum 's member @mahdi75, it is able to backup legacy app (and also app data and game state) to SD card, but your phone must be running Windows 10 mobile, and it must be Interop Unlock.
Lumia x50 series have a slightly different instruction to Interop Unlock than other Lumias, search for it. Btw, not recommended to try on your daily driver...

Is it possible to retrieve the apps file that are in the phone so that I can installed later?
Old 14-03-2017, 02:40 PM   #5

There is an "App Data Manage Tool" developed by XDA-developers forum 's member @mahdi75, it is able to backup legacy app (and also app data and game state) to SD card, but your phone must be running Windows 10 mobile, and it must be Interop Unlock.
Lumia x50 series have a slightly different instruction to Interop Unlock than other Lumias, search for it. Btw, not recommended to try on your daily driver...

Just tried the above on my 950XL & L830 with a success! I managed to backup the Live4D app (deleted from Windows Store) folder from my 950XL, re-package the XAP on the PC, and deploy it to my L830.
The re-packaged XAP file can only be deployed through desktop/laptop via the XapDeploy.exe or the WP Power Tool, it cannot be installed just like you could with other appx and appxbundle file.

Last edited by androidmazon; 14-03-2017 at 02:45 PM..
Old 15-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #6

Just tried the above on my 950XL & L830 with a success! I managed to backup the Live4D app (deleted from Windows Store) folder from my 950XL, re-package the XAP on the PC, and deploy it to my L830.
The re-packaged XAP file can only be deployed through desktop/laptop via the XapDeploy.exe or the WP Power Tool, it cannot be installed just like you could with other appx and appxbundle file.

Must install the tool in the phone in which u want to Install the apps?
Old 15-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #7

VcReg, Interop Tool, AppDataManager Tool and a few of their runtime dependencies to be installed on the phone that the app you're backing up resides.

The same app/tool need not be to be installed on the phone that you want to deploy the re-packaged XAP, just need to turn on developer mode to allow sideload of app will do.

Must install the tool in the phone in which u want to Install the apps?

Last edited by androidmazon; 15-03-2017 at 06:17 PM..
Old 15-03-2017, 09:01 PM   #8

VcReg, Interop Tool, AppDataManager Tool and a few of their runtime dependencies to be installed on the phone that the app you're backing up resides.

The same app/tool need not be to be installed on the phone that you want to deploy the re-packaged XAP, just need to turn on developer mode to allow sideload of app will do.

I read through the steps n xda. It doesn't seem easy and I dun understand some stuff they are saying.
Old 16-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #9

I read through the steps n xda. It doesn't seem easy and I dun understand some stuff they are saying.
Yes, it appeared to be complicated to me also at first, but after carefully following through the steps I managed to get the job done. My main purpose to interop unlock is just to backup the legacy apps on my current phone in case if it dies off (or need FS), there is no way I can get the apps back, I'm not so into playing with registry entries etc.

I've summarized the steps as follows:

= PC =
1. XapDeploy.exe (by installing the WP8.1 SDK), or WP Power Tool (I think this is easier)
2. Download and install WP_CPTT_NT-x86-fre.msi from MS website (you need the iutool.exe from this installer).

= Source phone =
1. turn on "Developer mode" under Settings > Update & security > For developers. You need NOT turn on the Authentication under Device Portal section.

2. Sideload vcREG_1_6_W10M.xap and follow the instructions in the vcReg's thread to run through step 1 to 3. You'll need to use iutool to install the acer.service.acersystemservice.spkg to your phone if you receive an error about the acer service not running when clicking on step 1 button under the "x50 Series Unlock" menu option.

iutool -v -p "path to the file acer.service.acersystemservice.spkg"

Shortly after you ran the above iutool command, your phone should reboot and goes into the gear UI which you'll usually see when doing software updates or factory reset. After phone goes back into OS and settle down, goes back to vcReg and click on step 1 button again. You should not be receiving the error anymore. Continue with the remaining 2 steps and follow the instructions as it appears. Refer to the vcReg's thread on XDA for the detail.

3. Copy "InteropTools_1.9.437.0_arm_RC33" and the few runtime dependencies to your phone and install it using the built-in file explorer. Run Interop Unlock and choose "THIS DEVICE" as the provider. Choose option Interop Unlock and turn on the Interop/Cap Unlock, the rest just leave it as default.

4. Copy the "AppDataManageTool_2.2.0.0_ARM" (you can skip the runtime dependencies as newer version already installed in the above pt. 3) to your phone and install it using the built-in file explorer.

5. Run App Data Manage Tool on your phone, it may take a while to cache the list of installed app if you've many apps installed. Go into Apps (create backup, reset apps) > find the app that you want to backup (you can multi select for backing up of app data, for backing up of app you can only do one by one) > Click into the app > Create archive from installation path > select a backup path (recommended to set to SD card) > Save. The backup/archive should start and a zip file is created when the backup completed.

6. Copy the backup zip file to your PC and follow step in bbs.wfun.com to re-package the zip into XAP file. Do from step 3 onward.

I have all the files mentioned above on my cloud storage, pm me if you're interested, I can share the link to you.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.