HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nokia Lumia 1520

Like Tree316Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why leh? 5.5" like the Note 2 already cannot put in pocket. I think the GS4 is more or less the biggest a guy's jeans can accommodate. Anyway the 1520 is meant to compete with all the Ultra-size phablets launched this year.
I'm holding a 5.5" LG G pro, and it is just nice for men pocket, the max size I guess.
kelvinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #32

Nokia's making devices of all shapes and sizes, I imagine a hi-end one with a 5.5" screen is coming soon enough.
bedlamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nokia's making devices of all shapes and sizes, I imagine a hi-end one with a 5.5" screen is coming soon enough.
I hope so for a 5.5" Nokia, man! I have never owned a Windows phone and love to try it.

However, 6" is just too big to be carried around.
Old 29-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #34
E_T
Master Member

I'm holding a 5.5" LG G pro, and it is just nice for men pocket, the max size I guess.
If you mean pants, can lah. 6" also can fit... But jeans is another story, especially when sitting down. As it is, I can't drive with my Lumia 1020 in the pants.

Maybe that's why Samsung & LG is coming out with their curved smartphones.
Old 29-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #35
Master Member

I hope so for a 5.5" Nokia, man! I have never owned a Windows phone and love to try it.

However, 6" is just too big to be carried around.
Size matters for some people ... erm after using my beloved Sony Xperia Z Ultra for the last two months plus, I have decided to keep all my phones to this size range ... must be bigger than 6".

U know there are always those who likes them large.
Old 29-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #36

For baggy pants or work pants with a more relaxed fit, 6" phones still ok, but if you rock more fitted attire a 6" phone is out, unless you don't mind holding it in your hand the whole time or dropping it into a bag. The 1520 is really just too big for some people. I've said the 920's screen is about as big as I'll go, but I actually wouldn't mind a Note-sized phone. The 1520 though, that is completely out.

I'm interested to know if Nokia's got any software to take advantage of that ginormous screen, though. No need for any of Samsung's useless gimmicks, a multiscreen app would be a great start

edit: I just brought up the phone to me wife (who just got the 1020), and she might be entertaining the idea of getting it lol. She watches dramas on the train, a 6" screen would be perfect for this particular usage case. Women would have no issues with carrying a giant phone anyway since they'd be lugging their bags along with them too

Last edited by bedlamite; 29-10-2013 at 03:28 PM..
Old 29-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #37
Master Member

For baggy pants or work pants with a more relaxed fit, 6" phones still ok, but if you rock more fitted attire a 6" phone is out, unless you don't mind holding it in your hand the whole time or dropping it into a bag. The 1520 is really just too big for some people. I've said the 920's screen is about as big as I'll go, but I actually wouldn't mind a Note-sized phone. The 1520 though, that is completely out.

I'm interested to know if Nokia's got any software to take advantage of that ginormous screen, though. No need for any of Samsung's useless gimmicks, a multiscreen app would be a great start

edit: I just brought up the phone to me wife (who just got the 1020), and she might be entertaining the idea of getting it lol. She watches dramas on the train, a 6" screen would be perfect for this particular usage case. Women would have no issues with carrying a giant phone anyway since they'd be lugging their bags along with them too

Enough Said. Just show this to ur wife and she will just beg u to buy it for her NOW NOW NOW!
E_T, shuttlex and LastBattle like this.

Last edited by sG_KYo; 29-10-2013 at 04:56 PM..
sG_KYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #38
Arch-Supremacy Member

Women have no issue for sure with 6" or even 8" since they carry LV, Bonia all day long wherever they go ba...

Last edited by kelvinti; 29-10-2013 at 04:43 PM..
Old 29-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #39
Master Member

Women have no issue for sure with 6" or even 8" since they carry LV, Bonia all day long wherever they go ba...
scratch is an issue with the keys, perfume, and such inside
LastBattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #40
E_T
Master Member

Women almost always use their phones with flip-case, screen protectors & other accessories. No problem there.

Yes I get it there're guys with big hands. That's why it's important that Nokia launches 1520 & 1320. Samsung has proven it's a thriving market.
Old 30-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #41

i think even without a phablet-optimised app, the expanded 3-row homescreen is one standout feature that u can greatly benefit from this huge 6 inch display. One glance at the screen n u can see all the notifications u need from the live tiles, without the hassle of scrolling up or down to see more notifications.

This, compared to most android phablets that displays the same amount of info regardless of screen size, is a big advantage.
Sun_Wukong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #42
E_T
Master Member

I think Chinese characters are the major benefactor of a large screen.
Old 30-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #43

For me, 6 inch phones r really too big. I waiting for the rumoured lumia 929 to come.
cutebeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #44

For me, 6 inch phones r really too big. I waiting for the rumoured lumia 929 to come.
Isn't the 929 Verizon-only? Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to next year's crop of handsets. Quadcore 1080p 20MP camera in a cyan 925 form factor plz, thx Nokia
E_T likes this.

Last edited by bedlamite; 30-10-2013 at 04:18 PM..
Old 30-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #45
Master Member

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4828441&type=1

Presale date for Hong Kong is on November 15, at a price of HK $5,998 (959 SGD).
Color: White, Black, Yellow.

Waiting for them to announce the launch date for SG...
Rickosw likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.