Nokia Lumia 1520

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
I did not know what I did when I type wrong password in the lock screen, the keypad turned into huge keypad that I can't even type in the password. I have to power off the phone in order to get back the keypad to normal size.

Anyone knows how to resolve the issue without power off the phone?

Use double tap with 2 finger, its the screen magnifier gesture.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The whole point of raw is no compression artifacts. Even the large jpeg introduce artifacts to the picture.

For maximum quality + no adjustment made by Nokia camera app, we use RAW.

Got mobile apps tat support raw bo? find it stupid to upload a raw from a phone and edit on PC :p hence i alway use 5MP option JPEG. For phone my idea is to sic on web asap de :s22:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
No. RAW photos are used mainly by photographers & post-processing is always done on a PC/Mac coz the phone is not powerful enough.

If you just want to take photo & do some minor edits and upload to social medias, there's no need to use RAW at all.

But if you need to print the photo at 8R & bigger, or make posters, etc. you need to use RAW.

jtjagan

Reaction score
I have been trying to get a white 1520 from Starhub (renew contract) but no stock since last week. Wondering whether to get some other phone and trade it in for the 1520. White seems to be a rare color

enriqueyang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to get a white 1520 from Starhub (renew contract) but no stock since last week. Wondering whether to get some other phone and trade it in for the 1520. White seems to be a rare color

get iphone 5s gold 16 or 32 gb

sell it off

and buy second hand 1520

save alot of money

weixiang80

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone encountered double uploads of facebook pic ?

when i shared pic via FB app, there will be double uploads to the same place....

bedlamite

Reaction score
Hands-on with Nokia Lumia Icon - YouTube

the nokia icon might be the killer of iphone,
nope
nah
and even our very own 1520
you mean like how every new flagship 'kills' the flagship before it? Yeah I guess

edit: To clarify, WP8 in its current incarnation is just a tad short of matching up to the big 2 mobile OSes, let alone killing them. You might have a much stronger argument when WP8.1 releases, but for now, WP8 is just a little bit too immature as a full-fledged mobile operating system. No major faults, just a few little quirks that are mostly addressed in 8.1, which is awesome.

As far as hardware goes, yes Nokia hardware is very very good indeed, easily outdoing any Android manufacturer and rivaling Apple's build quality, if not straight exceeding it. Once the WP platform matures and gets even more developer support, I'd like to think the WP+Nokia combo is going to be very very hard to ignore.

Last edited:

bedlamite

Reaction score
1520 rocks! because I own it and I didn't have the ICON LOL =:p
The 1520 is a phablet while the Icon has a more traditional (loosely speaking) 5" screen, thus I think they belong in their own categories and don't neccessarily 'kill' each other. It's like how you wouldn't compare a Note to the S4

The Icon only comes in black and white though, bleh. :D Boo Verizon!

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. RAW photos are used mainly by photographers & post-processing is always done on a PC/Mac coz the phone is not powerful enough.

If you just want to take photo & do some minor edits and upload to social medias, there's no need to use RAW at all.

But if you need to print the photo at 8R & bigger, or make posters, etc. you need to use RAW.

Like tat i use moi DSLR may as well :s13:

enriqueyang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u might want to install those private screen protector if u getting 1520 n do I banking on it, cos the device is really huge

whylah_dos

Reaction score

I found it useful actually. First time I used 5MP+16MPDNG combo during the airshow.

It saved me time and effort to simple use the camera with all setting on auto.

Then used lightroom to normalize the DNG files.

I rather do this compared to having to adjust WB, Exposure, etc in every shot I take when using 5mp+16MPJPG. It's a lot easier to do this post shoot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.