Nokia Lumia 800 users !

JellyMan

Reaction score
I read somewhere (again I forgot where) that the coating atop the Gorilla Glass is not scratch resistant. Apparently the coating is there to help the touchscreen be more responsive.

Is this possible? Have u seen that video of the lumia being scratched?

Bora777

Reaction score
I sent my Lumia 800 in for the battery problem today, got a C7 as a replacement phone. It should be ready by Tuesday.

I also told them about the loose power button, but I'm not sure if this is a normal thing for the Lumia...

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
I sent my Lumia 800 in for the battery problem today, got a C7 as a replacement phone. It should be ready by Tuesday.

I also told them about the loose power button, but I'm not sure if this is a normal thing for the Lumia...

mine has no loose button, so maybe its just a one off manufacturing fault.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
The casing does cover up the ugly CE logo at the bottom.

Also I was quite worried of the piece of metal at the back (the Nokia lens text) to be scratched. So putting the casing on helps to elevate the section so its harder to scratch it if you place it flat on the table.

And its not too bad looking. You can't tell there's a casing on unless U touch it.

TheGunslinger

Reaction score
Is this possible? Have u seen that video of the lumia being scratched?

Yes!Aaaaand.....At the current condition My screen condition looks exactly the same as the one in the video.which is to say: The Camera Might fail to capture the micro scratches I mentioned earlier.Like I said,It's pretty hard to detect but once you do,you know it's there. (at least in my case).I'm ordering the screen protector that Xtreme posted some while ago :D

Last edited:

Bora777

Reaction score
mine has no loose button, so maybe its just a one off manufacturing fault.
I hope you're right... My original Lumia had a loose camera button, and if I recall some of the demo sets I played with in stores have loose buttons too including N9s.

It's one of those things you don't notice at first, but once you do it's super irritating and impossible to ignore.

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emm, I'm charging my Cyan Lumia which supposedly has the battery problem, it's reached the 981 mAH full charge however it shows that its still charging.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
But the full charge figure won't increase further ! It think it just continues charging because your device constantly seeps battery !
Emm, I'm charging my Cyan Lumia which supposedly has the battery problem, it's reached the 981 mAH full charge however it shows that its still charging.

beerope

Banned
Reaction score
I haven got it yet but I check with the online cs and it is a 4gb Xbox. It is also fully redeemed according to him in the afternoon. The phone will be delivered on tue and a voucher will be issued to allow me to collect the xbox

Haha I booked online at 1am and it says that Xbox are put of stock but I tried 5 mins later and I got it! Dunno why like that :p lucky heng heng I didn't check out the first time sia :p yeah do post more info on it once you get it on tues, sian mine Friday then will come

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the full charge figure won't increase further ! It think it just continues charging because your device constantly seeps battery !

I just checked 4 hrs later and its no longer charging. I think I know what's the problem. The phones are not reporting the correct battery level. Will test out my theory and report in.

Twisticles

Reaction score
Well I did a little download of some alternative Nokia Ringtones...these are from the Nokia Ringtone contest they did a couple of months back, just saved a couple of my favourites.

From Zune, make sure the Genre is "Ringtone" and sync to your phone...then they will show up on Settings > System > ringtones + sounds > ringtone. You will see a "custom" list of Ringtones at the top of your list.

Enjoy!
Download Nokia_Ringtones.zip for free on Filesonic.com

Last edited:

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
The audio output quite disappointing compared to my Mozart. :/

The lack of an equalizer is really bad

JellyMan

Reaction score
Haha I booked online at 1am and it says that Xbox are put of stock but I tried 5 mins later and I got it! Dunno why like that :p lucky heng heng I didn't check out the first time sia :p yeah do post more info on it once you get it on tues, sian mine Friday then will come
I mean my phone will come on tue. I strongly believe the Xbox will be a much much later date

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score

luckily mine is an n9. Did u read the terms stating what happen if u lost the replacement phone?

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
The audio output quite disappointing compared to my Mozart. :/

The lack of an equalizer is really bad

n9 audio quality is much better than lumia.. I wonder what is nokia thinking. The audio playback from n9 is clear and thick. No noise.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
so the guy came and collected my phone ! . haha . he did not know about the ##634# diagnostic app and told me he learnt something new today ! . lol .

got a N9 as a replacement ! time to play around with it .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.