Nokia Lumia 800 users !

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yay thank u! but sidetrack a bit uh, can I still buy the Snow Leopard (10.6) installation CD? Guess it'll make things much easier

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Not quite true. There is a tutorial on xda there uses Zune to backup your content. If you use the newer version, all your contents including savegames will be saved. I've tested this on my HTC Trophy & it works. If you use the older version, the entire device image including all registry settings & files (including walshied ones) are backup.

[APP] [UPDATED 9/27/2011]V1.9 Working App to Backup Windows Phone 7 via ZUNE ANY TIME - xda-developers

You should not mix & match chargers & cables because the L800 will check to see if you're using the Nokia charger AND Nokia cable. If not, it will slow charge. If using the included Nokia charger & cable, it'll fast charge. The charger is also smart enough to trickle charge when battery is almost full.

Mixing chargers can screw things up especially if you use a Nokia cable & a charger that can't supply 1000mA current. The calibration goes crazy.

Make sure the battery meter show 100% before disconnecting but don't bother to check the remaining hours until you have completed 5 full charge/discharge cycles.

Dunno why you need to hard reset everything but I've never hard reset since the beginning. Maybe it's some software you're using?

5 days have passed since I wiped my device (again)after I upgraded to the new firmware, I'm getting much better batt life now

I'm getting various battery readings from 1 day+9 hours to 25 hours, this after immediately removing the phone from the wall charger socket. Much better than the bullcrap 9-hour standby life previously mentioned. The device now lasts from 8am till late night, this is with 3G on the whole day, an hour's solid use during lunchtime, and occasional use during the day.

Few points to note if you've upgraded to the new firmware and are still having rubbish battery life:
-Wipe the device, I know it sucks, esp. since WP7 data backup services are still AWOL, but I suspect that recalibrates the battery and thus fixes it
- I stopped using the packed-in Nokia charger. That was what screwed my battery up in the first place, I was previously using my old htc charger and things were fine until I one day itchy hand go and switch to the Nokia one. Hello 9 hour batt life! After the 2nd last firmware was released I wiped my phone and battery life seemed to be OK for 2 days, until it wasn't. This time I'm not taking any more chances, wiping my phone is getting to be a pain so I'm sticking to the htc charger.

phazer89

Reaction score
Not quite true. There is a tutorial on xda there uses Zune to backup your content. If you use the newer version, all your contents including savegames will be saved. I've tested this on my HTC Trophy & it works. If you use the older version, the entire device image including all registry settings & files (including walshied ones) are backup.

[APP] [UPDATED 9/27/2011]V1.9 Working App to Backup Windows Phone 7 via ZUNE ANY TIME - xda-developers

TL;DR

You might be able to do it with some work, but it would be best if backup and recovery was an official feature.

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score

You should not mix & match chargers & cables because the L800 will check to see if you're using the Nokia charger AND Nokia cable. If not, it will slow charge. If using the included Nokia charger & cable, it'll fast charge. The charger is also smart enough to trickle charge when battery is almost full.

Mixing chargers can screw things up especially if you use a Nokia cable & a charger that can't supply 1000mA current. The calibration goes crazy.

Make sure the battery meter show 100% before disconnecting but don't bother to check the remaining hours until you have completed 5 full charge/discharge cycles.

Dunno why you need to hard reset everything but I've never hard reset since the beginning. Maybe it's some software you're using?

why need 5 full charge discharge?

Twisticles

Reaction score
Wow!

With battery fixes, Panoramic shots, tethering...the Lumia 800 will nearly have as many features as the Titan did since it was released six months ago ;)

jelena0418

Reaction score
hey guys do you know of any good apps for custom ringtone? i downloaded ringtone factory and used it. but it turned out to give me faulty ringtones after i downloaded from the app.

TIA

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow!

With battery fixes, Panoramic shots, tethering...the Lumia 800 will nearly have as many features as the Titan did since it was released six months ago ;)

Don't forget that Nokia Drive & Nokia Music is free & Titan don't have those. The ultimate goal for Nokia is to bring Feature parity to iPhone 4S & HTC Sensation XE & Samsung Galaxy II.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys do you know of any good apps for custom ringtone? i downloaded ringtone factory and used it. but it turned out to give me faulty ringtones after i downloaded from the app.

TIA

Why not make ur own? ;-) I made one from the Nokia advertisement music.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just got the lumia 800 from Singtel...

how do i download music from my SkyDrive ah? can't seem to download at all

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that Nokia Drive & Nokia Music is free & Titan don't have those. The ultimate goal for Nokia is to bring Feature parity to iPhone 4S & HTC Sensation XE & Samsung Galaxy II.

yeah . nokia drive is the killer app that will ultimately draw me to get a nokia windows phone but i love the apps from HTC as well . the attentive phone app is lovely, so it the sound enhancer ! .

anyway i have nokia drive on my titan as well . haha . best of both worlds !

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.