HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What good apps for my lumia?

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #1156

MSFT MAPS

I been using MSFT MAPS for sometime liao, (SG & US), it does gets me to where I need to go ... (realistically speaking, you do not need to pay for Premium Nav Offline Maps offer by other developers) but if you really worried, sure why not ... (esp, those few countries that is not found in MSFT / Here (aka Japan, Korea)

http://www.windowscentral.com/heres-...s-new-maps-app

http://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-det...ws-10-devices/
Old 22-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #1157

Looking for alternatives for

Microsoft Snip beta on PC
Flickr

Last edited by Ibodnano; 22-06-2016 at 09:28 PM..
Ibodnano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:37 PM   #1158

SG iBus (UWP)

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh5jb9p

The best SG bus app on Windows 10! Run on phone, continuum for phone, PC/tablet, Xbox one & Hololens!!
androidmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #1159

WhatsApp beta is now available for all! You don't need the store bug trick to download.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrdfwbt
Old 02-09-2016, 07:30 PM   #1160

Universal Perfect Flicker

I hope Amazing Weather goes universal.

This universal google maps client GmapsRt is not bad, but very basic.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #1161

Lumia has Sports Tracker app as well as Runtastic app. Basically i love running and jogging so i use these apps mostly.
alanwade123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #1162

Universal Perfect Flicker

I hope Amazing Weather goes universal.

This universal google maps client GmapsRt is not bad, but very basic.
"Maps App Discovery" not bad.
Old 14-10-2016, 05:15 PM   #1163

Any great app for streaming live TV stations, local or international.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:10 PM   #1164
Supremacy Member

any apps to recommend for managing personal spendings?
Old 24-11-2016, 06:31 PM   #1165

I don't know about you guys but in the past few weeks I've found more apps not working?

I no longer have one that works to give me the number of car park spaces here, where I had two before. StarHub apps have also disappeared. I think I've uninstalled a few others, my GlobalTV also failed.

Alanwade mentioned Runtastic, which I have beside Run the Map. I loath running and do it as little as my weight management allows, but both work great.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #1166

I don't know about you guys but in the past few weeks I've found more apps not working?

I no longer have one that works to give me the number of car park spaces here, where I had two before. StarHub apps have also disappeared. I think I've uninstalled a few others, my GlobalTV also failed.

Alanwade mentioned Runtastic, which I have beside Run the Map. I loath running and do it as little as my weight management allows, but both work great.
which starhub app?
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #1167

MS had recently deleted a large number of apps from its Windows Store that was outdated (not updated for a long time) and non-compliant (no age rating & classification). As these apps/games were deleted (not hidden), you won't be able to install if you've reset your device, you won't be seeing it in your list of owned apps/game in "My Library" also.

I think many of the SG apps were also affected, you'll find that you've a much shorter search result for "SG" compared to before. I've previously paid for the Live4D apps, it was deleted in the recent clean up exercise, the LiveToTo & Live4D Malaysia apps from the same developer were also deleted. The developer can just update the apps with age rating and category so as to stay complaint, but had chosen to ignore MS warning and let it be deleted, rather disappointed with the developer.
Old 25-11-2016, 10:58 AM   #1168

MS had recently deleted a large number of apps from its Windows Store that was outdated (not updated for a long time) and non-compliant (no age rating & classification). As these apps/games were deleted (not hidden), you won't be able to install if you've reset your device, you won't be seeing it in your list of owned apps/game in "My Library" also.

I think many of the SG apps were also affected, you'll find that you've a much shorter search result for "SG" compared to before. I've previously paid for the Live4D apps, it was deleted in the recent clean up exercise, the LiveToTo & Live4D Malaysia apps from the same developer were also deleted. The developer can just update the apps with age rating and category so as to stay complaint, but had chosen to ignore MS warning and let it be deleted, rather disappointed with the developer.
while staying compliant is as easy as updating the apps with the age rating. however if the developers doesn't even earn much from it, there really isn't a point in updating. the ROI just isn't worth it.

but in the long run, it helps to keep the store clean since un-supported app are deleted.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 03:41 PM   #1169

I think many of the SG apps were also affected, you'll find that you've a much shorter search result for "SG" compared to before.

That's precisely the search I did when my car parking apps stopped working and, yes, now a very short list in the mid-twenties.....sadly.

I don't remember why I tried, but I did have StarHub's TV Guide app installed and was looking for something that night (first time I'd tried to use it in anger for a very long time) and whilst it opened and it took in an ad, it didn't pull in any detail and I found shortly after it wasn't even in the Store anymore.

I'm having to consider using my Redmi 3S as a daily phone but I still dislike Android UI and I prefer MS offline worldwide navigation.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #1170

That's precisely the search I did when my car parking apps stopped working and, yes, now a very short list in the mid-twenties.....sadly.

I don't remember why I tried, but I did have StarHub's TV Guide app installed and was looking for something that night (first time I'd tried to use it in anger for a very long time) and whilst it opened and it took in an ad, it didn't pull in any detail and I found shortly after it wasn't even in the Store anymore.

I'm having to consider using my Redmi 3S as a daily phone but I still dislike Android UI and I prefer MS offline worldwide navigation.
For Starhub TV guide listing, you can access via the browser at https[:]//www[.]starhubgo[.]com/multiChannelLiveListing. It is accessible via the mobile Edge browser, but the UI is not really optimized for small screen. It is much better on the PC browser (including Edge), you can sign in using Hub ID to view the live streaming of your subscribed channels also.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.