What good apps for my lumia?

alanwade123

Reaction score
Lumia has Sports Tracker app as well as Runtastic app. Basically i love running and jogging so i use these apps mostly.

TheSnail

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but in the past few weeks I've found more apps not working?

I no longer have one that works to give me the number of car park spaces here, where I had two before. StarHub apps have also disappeared. I think I've uninstalled a few others, my GlobalTV also failed.

Alanwade mentioned Runtastic, which I have beside Run the Map. I loath running and do it as little as my weight management allows, but both work great.

ashhong

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but in the past few weeks I've found more apps not working?

I no longer have one that works to give me the number of car park spaces here, where I had two before. StarHub apps have also disappeared. I think I've uninstalled a few others, my GlobalTV also failed.

Alanwade mentioned Runtastic, which I have beside Run the Map. I loath running and do it as little as my weight management allows, but both work great.

which starhub app?

androidmazon

Reaction score

MS had recently deleted a large number of apps from its Windows Store that was outdated (not updated for a long time) and non-compliant (no age rating & classification). As these apps/games were deleted (not hidden), you won't be able to install if you've reset your device, you won't be seeing it in your list of owned apps/game in "My Library" also.

I think many of the SG apps were also affected, you'll find that you've a much shorter search result for "SG" compared to before. I've previously paid for the Live4D apps, it was deleted in the recent clean up exercise, the LiveToTo & Live4D Malaysia apps from the same developer were also deleted. The developer can just update the apps with age rating and category so as to stay complaint, but had chosen to ignore MS warning and let it be deleted, rather disappointed with the developer.

ashhong

Reaction score
MS had recently deleted a large number of apps from its Windows Store that was outdated (not updated for a long time) and non-compliant (no age rating & classification). As these apps/games were deleted (not hidden), you won't be able to install if you've reset your device, you won't be seeing it in your list of owned apps/game in "My Library" also.

I think many of the SG apps were also affected, you'll find that you've a much shorter search result for "SG" compared to before. I've previously paid for the Live4D apps, it was deleted in the recent clean up exercise, the LiveToTo & Live4D Malaysia apps from the same developer were also deleted. The developer can just update the apps with age rating and category so as to stay complaint, but had chosen to ignore MS warning and let it be deleted, rather disappointed with the developer.

while staying compliant is as easy as updating the apps with the age rating. however if the developers doesn't even earn much from it, there really isn't a point in updating. the ROI just isn't worth it.

but in the long run, it helps to keep the store clean since un-supported app are deleted.

TheSnail

Reaction score
I think many of the SG apps were also affected, you'll find that you've a much shorter search result for "SG" compared to before.

That's precisely the search I did when my car parking apps stopped working and, yes, now a very short list in the mid-twenties.....sadly.

I don't remember why I tried, but I did have StarHub's TV Guide app installed and was looking for something that night (first time I'd tried to use it in anger for a very long time) and whilst it opened and it took in an ad, it didn't pull in any detail and I found shortly after it wasn't even in the Store anymore.

I'm having to consider using my Redmi 3S as a daily phone but I still dislike Android UI and I prefer MS offline worldwide navigation.

androidmazon

Reaction score
That's precisely the search I did when my car parking apps stopped working and, yes, now a very short list in the mid-twenties.....sadly.

I don't remember why I tried, but I did have StarHub's TV Guide app installed and was looking for something that night (first time I'd tried to use it in anger for a very long time) and whilst it opened and it took in an ad, it didn't pull in any detail and I found shortly after it wasn't even in the Store anymore.

I'm having to consider using my Redmi 3S as a daily phone but I still dislike Android UI and I prefer MS offline worldwide navigation.

For Starhub TV guide listing, you can access via the browser at https[:]//www[.]starhubgo[.]com/multiChannelLiveListing. It is accessible via the mobile Edge browser, but the UI is not really optimized for small screen. It is much better on the PC browser (including Edge), you can sign in using Hub ID to view the live streaming of your subscribed channels also.

TheSnail

Reaction score
For Starhub TV guide listing, you can access via the browser at https[:]//www[.]starhubgo[.]com/multiChannelLiveListing. It is accessible via the mobile Edge browser, but the UI is not really optimized for small screen. It is much better on the PC browser (including Edge), you can sign in using Hub ID to view the live streaming of your subscribed channels also.

I've done that with a couple of webpages but often I don't end up with an Icon, just an "E" of Edge.

It does bring into question, though, Universal Apps......given on a laptop and tablet I believe it's better to navigate around by a Bookmark in Edge rather than a separate app. I know I only have a couple of laps on my laptop and one is XE for currency exchange because it actually works better than the website but other than that, not much. Developers are, then, less inclined to put a Universal App together because I think most would still use a browser on larger units, just leaving behind again, WP.

androidmazon

Reaction score
any apps to recommend for managing personal spendings?

I don't have money to manage, cannot recommend any to you, but many had recommended "Money Lover - Money Manager".

wp_ss_20161129_0001.png

https[:]//www[.]Microsoft[.]com/store/apps/9wzdncrdrg5v

- Powerful money manager & expense tracker
- Can sync with other devices and platform (IOS, Android)
- Visualized reports with bar and pie charts
- Schedule for future transactions and bills
- Easy to setup & monitor budgets, savings
- UWP
- Windows Hello integration

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.