Feedback for Xiaomi Service Centre

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Not worth paying n getting frustrated. Spend a big more. Get a better phone instead from other brand

carboy00

Reaction score
They gotten back to me on Tuesday, turns out battery drain is due to faulty motherboard not battery itself.

Sent from Xiaomi Redmi 5 using GAGT

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a Xiaomi Max 2 with bloated battery causing the seam of the screen to split open from the main body. From your reviews, should I forgot going to the service centre and get a phone from Samsung or any other better brand. My previous Redmi Note 3 also same issues but it was out of warranty. But my this Max 2 is under warranty, I bought it from Challenger last year November.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a Xiaomi Max 2 with bloated battery causing the seam of the screen to split open from the main body. From your reviews, should I forgot going to the service centre and get a phone from Samsung or any other better brand. My previous Redmi Note 3 also same issues but it was out of warranty. But my this Max 2 is under warranty, I bought it from Challenger last year November.

If it is still under warranty. Then just fixed it from them.

I bought 2 local official mi max. My mi max USB charging port has issue after a few days and they replaced it for free within a day. Told me they needed 4 hours and in the end, they called me back after 2 hours to collect from them.

Hotsnow

Reaction score

If it is with local warranty, no harm trying but i think battery warranty only 6 months.

David Lai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw this thread after sending in my A1 for screen replacement...
Wonder if will get back soon or not...
Or they come telling me water damage, knn...

Other than screen cracked, it was still a perfectly working unit.

Update: Collected in 3 biz days as stated. Everything swee swee.
Find their service guys ok lei. Got there come out, in 5 mins, chop chop...

Last edited:

hrdsurfer

Reaction score
Please don't get cheated by going there to service. I did not read about this thread until I went. It is as what is being said here before. I was promised 3 - working days. But after 10 working days also no update. I have to go down personally to check. Overall experience there is the worst I have ever experience with any shop.

David Lai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please don't get cheated by going there to service. I did not read about this thread until I went. It is as what is being said here before. I was promised 3 - working days. But after 10 working days also no update. I have to go down personally to check. Overall experience there is the worst I have ever experience with any shop.

From JEM?
Anyway, I registered 2 mobile numbers with them. Both received sms informing phone is ready for collection.
Guess I was lucky then.

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My encounter with the service center is what stopped me from buying more Xiaomi product
To be fair, the service center is a sub-contractor
I know because the shop is last time oppo service center
The staffs are very consistent .......consistently rude

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

ZeusLightningGod

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, here's what I have experienced with the Xiaomi service centre recently. Thought it will be good to share it here for awareness. The summary below was also sent to their their centralized email and I am now waiting for their response.

"" Hi. I just visited your service centre on 2 Feb 2018, 7.45pm and here is my experience:

I asked your staff (Ardy) if there is any issue with their service hotline because I have been trying to reach them for the past 2 weeks but to no avail. He told me that they simply will not pick up any calls to their customer service hotline because there is a shortage of staff at their end. In his exact words, I quote, ‘You will not be able to call in to us, because there is not enough staff here to man the phone’.

He returned the phone to me and told me that it wasn’t repaired because there’s water damage on the motherboard. He claimed to have called me several times including text, none of which I have received from the day I sent in my phone.

Did he really call or is this a really bad case of miscommunication? For the whole 3 weeks, I wasn’t updated anything on the repair status, until I came down and only to find out that it wasn’t repaired.

After he went into the service room, his colleague (Tommy, a guy with tattoos on his arm) came out and attended to me instead. Basically he told me the same thing as what Ardy told me. He further advised me that there is nothing I can do and suggested that I write in to feedback.

There was also a $32.10 fee which was chargeable for ‘inspecting’ my phone and out of ‘goodwill’, he waived it for me.

FYI, this phone was only with me for less than 2 months and it had problems booting up. This is definitely the worst customer experience I have had in years. It is totally unacceptable. I hope someone can explain how can this happen, and provide some closure for me, please.

Thanks. ""
not trying to side with the person, if your phone has been damaged by water, no way to repair it, it is as good as gone. I don't work for Xiaomi, but all the best to your next phone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.