HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Feedback for Xiaomi Service Centre

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #1

Feedback for Xiaomi Service Centre

Hi guys, here's what I have experienced with the Xiaomi service centre recently. Thought it will be good to share it here for awareness. The summary below was also sent to their their centralized email and I am now waiting for their response.

"" Hi. I just visited your service centre on 2 Feb 2018, 7.45pm and here is my experience:

I asked your staff (Ardy) if there is any issue with their service hotline because I have been trying to reach them for the past 2 weeks but to no avail. He told me that they simply will not pick up any calls to their customer service hotline because there is a shortage of staff at their end. In his exact words, I quote, ‘You will not be able to call in to us, because there is not enough staff here to man the phone’.

He returned the phone to me and told me that it wasn’t repaired because there’s water damage on the motherboard. He claimed to have called me several times including text, none of which I have received from the day I sent in my phone.

Did he really call or is this a really bad case of miscommunication? For the whole 3 weeks, I wasn’t updated anything on the repair status, until I came down and only to find out that it wasn’t repaired.

After he went into the service room, his colleague (Tommy, a guy with tattoos on his arm) came out and attended to me instead. Basically he told me the same thing as what Ardy told me. He further advised me that there is nothing I can do and suggested that I write in to feedback.

There was also a $32.10 fee which was chargeable for ‘inspecting’ my phone and out of ‘goodwill’, he waived it for me.

FYI, this phone was only with me for less than 2 months and it had problems booting up. This is definitely the worst customer experience I have had in years. It is totally unacceptable. I hope someone can explain how can this happen, and provide some closure for me, please.

Thanks. ""
David87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:18 AM   #2

been a long time since I last visited their svc centre..

Overall I would rate 5/10. People there are like ah beng style lol. That was like 2 years ago when I visited them.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #3

I ever witnessed a staff speaking loudly and obviously looking down at an indian national who brought in his phone for repair. That is no way to treat a customer!
grapewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Last time I went there was in 2016 to repair my Redmi Note 2 faulty speaker. The repair was done within the same day(2 hours) and everything was OK. Maybe you can contact them thru the live chat.

https://www.mi.com/sg/service/online/

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT

Last edited by Audiology93; 02-03-2018 at 12:58 PM..
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:13 PM   #5

The live chat is no longer online when I tried last week.
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:14 PM   #6

Last time I went there was in 2016 to repair my Redmi Note 2 faulty speaker. The repair was done within the same day(2 hours) and everything was OK. Maybe you can contact them thru the live chat.

https://www.mi.com/sg/service/online/

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT
no more in use, message below appears when one tries to login
"Dear Customer, because of business changes, this online chat service will is terminated from June 1st 2016. If you have any questions please contact our service email as below. We are very sorry for the inconvinience. Thank you! Email:service.sg@xiaomi.com"
Old 02-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #7

Although I don’t agree to the statement, previously a cafe owner said ‘if u want to be treated like a queen, spend like a queen’. Absurd but yea, that’s how some ppl do their business. Don’t think situation can improve
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.