Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

lachesis

Reaction score
  1. There will be Mi Ai, Mi wallet, and the feedback app, yellow pages directory in contacts app in Chinese (can be uninstall, if you enable developer and ADB connect with USB)
  2. The phone internal search is in Chinese
  3. The rest of the Chinese apps can be uninstalled from the phone, the phone is quite clean after that
  4. Uninstall Chinese Mi Browser updates, and install the English version to use Google
  5. DBS/ POSB/ SC Bank app can installed and use without any problem
  6. Whatsapp, weChat, Telegram, Line, Viber can be installed
  7. Need to install English keyboard, Sogou English predictive typing is not good but typing in Chinese is very good
  8. I didn't use google assistant, so cannot comment

Other than the above, the phone is working very well, and it should be one of the earliest to get any OTA.

Thank you!

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
The price difference between the pro and non pro models is around $100. Is it worth to pay the extra 100 just to get the faster processor?

fata1-7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The price difference between the pro and non pro models is around $100. Is it worth to pay the extra 100 just to get the faster processor?

Definitely worth it. I think the main issue of contention is local warranty Vs no warranty for export sets.

I for one, am waiting for the local set with warranty.

Reavl

Reaction score

Warranty aside, it really depends what you using the phone for. The slower processor have longer battery life if you don't run heavy gaming app

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i never test the pro version in real life. but from reviews, day-to-day usage no noticeable differences. only when gaming, can see difference when playing high graphics games. but the non-pro version is still decent enough to handle lots of games well.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finder's pricing for the 6/128 k20pro is pretty good. The mark up for the white model is atrocious though. The 8/128 costs even more than the 8/256..lol
dsbf4O4l.jpg

g6s1FaUl.jpg

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Adelyte

Reaction score

It really depends on urself. I can immediately feel the difference when I pick up mi9T for a test.

Not saying sd730 is bad. Infact if battery life is more important that overall smoothness, Mi9T/k20 pro is definitely a better buy.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are using the latest technology of true wireless earphones that stream data independently on both sides of the headset, you ill need snapdragon 845 or 855 to support that. 710 don't do that, though you can still use the earpieces.

disastrous

Reaction score
I think the local Mi 9T Pro launch would be damn expensive considering all previous official launches.. so K20 Pro export sets now .. really not so bad.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and got the k20 pro 6/64 from Finer for $435. This was before their price change.
For a phone without SD support, I think getting 128gb would be more worth it
I think the local Mi 9T Pro launch would be damn expensive considering all previous official launches.. so K20 Pro export sets now .. really not so bad.
Unless there's a global rom that will support NFC and widevine lv1

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

disastrous

Reaction score
Saw some bros flash to EU rom on their K20 Pro.. will this unlock Widevine L1 and Visa cards on GPay?

Btw.. anyone using SimplyGo on their China K20 Pros? Need to unlock phone or just wake will do?

balzebub

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw some bros flash to EU rom on their K20 Pro.. will this unlock Widevine L1 and Visa cards on GPay?

Btw.. anyone using SimplyGo on their China K20 Pros? Need to unlock phone or just wake will do?
Using simply go on my k20 pro. Need to unlock.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI K20 PRO using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.