HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

Like Tree155Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #4006

I think he was referring more of the band compatibility, but yes even china set xiaomi phones usually support all sg lte bands. even my brother already using k20p premium, no problems with connectivity.
Thanks to Audiology93 and NightRaven49 for the replies.

After some comparisons, this is the Xiaomi set that is the most value for money with the SD855+ processor, nice display and decent camera.
andyhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2019, 10:36 PM   #4007

JerryRig teardown of Redmi K20 Pro shows rubber seals, transparent version shows off the pop-up cam

https://www.gsmarena.com/jerryrig_te...news-39199.php
Old 15-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #4008

JerryRig teardown of Redmi K20 Pro shows rubber seals, transparent version shows off the pop-up cam

https://www.gsmarena.com/jerryrig_te...news-39199.php
u realise this video is already 3 months old right
NightRaven49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 07:02 AM   #4009

u realise this video is already 3 months old right
Yes. I'm checking out more details about Xiaomi phones quality to get myself updated (ever since my several Mi Note and Mi Max years ago) so a tear-down is useful to see how well it puts its components together.

My take is K20 Pro is quite water and dust resistant but Xiaomi could not complete its resistance fine-tuning and IP certification in time for its launch.

K30 is a disappointment but let's see how K30 Pro fares.
Old 16-12-2019, 08:27 AM   #4010
Supremacy Member

Why there is no SG version?
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #4011
Arch-Supremacy Member

Premium Edition (SDM855+) is China exclusive.

garychengjw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #4012

Yes. I'm checking out more details about Xiaomi phones quality to get myself updated (ever since my several Mi Note and Mi Max years ago) so a tear-down is useful to see how well it puts its components together.

My take is K20 Pro is quite water and dust resistant but Xiaomi could not complete its resistance fine-tuning and IP certification in time for its launch.

I don't think they wanted to get the certification in the first place. It additional cost, and also the moving pop-up camera is a problem for any water resistance.

Personally I am happy without the IP certification for that price point.
hkchew03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #4013

k20 pro is the good deal budget phone for 2019 , there are realme x2 pro and lenovo z6 pro ,so far miui has been good , not sure about color os or zui
limz777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 02:32 PM   #4014

I don't think they wanted to get the certification in the first place. It additional cost, and also the moving pop-up camera is a problem for any water resistance.

Personally I am happy without the IP certification for that price point.
oneplus phones also, but nowadays they too expensive le.
NightRaven49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #4015

k20 pro is the good deal budget phone for 2019 , there are realme x2 pro and lenovo z6 pro ,so far miui has been good , not sure about color os or zui
realme x2 pro is spin off company under oppo, just like oneplus. Unless color os becomes more stock android like or they open bootloader and allow custom rom, wouldnt take a risk on this new brand yet. Hear color os a lot of problem from all the other forums.

Lenovo is a dying brand for mobile, all the phones is ****, last time had a tablet from them no software updates one, performance is terrible, lenovo should just stick to making laptops, desktops and servers.
commandowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 02:43 PM   #4016

because anywhere else in the world xiaomi harder to make money, they are making money based off ads served in the apps and MIUI, thats why hardware cost so low, 5% profit margin, the rest of the profits is from ads.

SG so small compared to china, we dont make them as much money, their hardware sell for so low, come to SG even worse, on top of that we always have google play store, or custom roms etc, dont use the MIUI or built in china apps, xiaomi cannot serve ads to us, continue to lose money meh? Thats why u see global variant pricing much higher, $100 or even more, compared to k20 pro in China and India, the 2 largest markets for xiaomi.
commandowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 03:07 PM   #4017

because anywhere else in the world xiaomi harder to make money, they are making money based off ads served in the apps and MIUI, thats why hardware cost so low, 5% profit margin, the rest of the profits is from ads.

SG so small compared to china, we dont make them as much money, their hardware sell for so low, come to SG even worse, on top of that we always have google play store, or custom roms etc, dont use the MIUI or built in china apps, xiaomi cannot serve ads to us, continue to lose money meh? Thats why u see global variant pricing much higher, $100 or even more, compared to k20 pro in China and India, the 2 largest markets for xiaomi.
TBH, if you can get pass ignoring all the built-in app and turning off all the individual ad, no different between CN and global ROM. Im stuck with it for past 3 months, don't find a different, just the initial additional setup to consolidate all useless apps into one folder. Now only thing that have effect is the Mistore app, once a while clicking on link will still bring me there instead of playstore.

GPS and NFC all working perfectly with GooglePay. Bonus point for CN ROM, if you happen to be in China, you can use Mistore to download China map app. Imaging Google map not working and had to find correct APK.
hkchew03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #4018

realme x2 pro is spin off company under oppo, just like oneplus. Unless color os becomes more stock android like or they open bootloader and allow custom rom, wouldnt take a risk on this new brand yet. Hear color os a lot of problem from all the other forums.

Lenovo is a dying brand for mobile, all the phones is ****, last time had a tablet from them no software updates one, performance is terrible, lenovo should just stick to making laptops, desktops and servers.
i see many raving about realme x2pro specs being so good , still software go hand in hand , rom development seem to be like a graveyard in xda
limz777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #4019
Greater Supremacy Member

Ip certification needs money and will eat into its already thin profit margin. Think the company thought of this
Nevereatrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #4020
High Supremacy Member

Ip rating useless lar.. Even if can submit 100meter underwater once kana water damage is no warranty.
Nakedtoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.