HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #931
High Supremacy Member

This the best so far.. Block 0.5mm from sides. There is another one block 1mm..if u dun want then get clear one.. But might have white halo.. Means not stick on screen. I prefer this black border one cause pasted liaoz like phone is naked.

hmm even flat screen also got such prob? i thought only curve screen got prob with sp

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
evilduxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 05:33 PM   #932
Supremacy Member

This the best so far.. Block 0.5mm from sides. There is another one block 1mm..if u dun want then get clear one.. But might have white halo.. Means not stick on screen. I prefer this black border one cause pasted liaoz like phone is naked.
ok where you buy arh? this screen protector
Passer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #933
Supremacy Member

Waterproof is overrated.. Go watch cnbc video abt phone waterproofing
Actually, it really depends on the phone user. I have a friend who washes his iPhone XR to clean the phone from time to time. And that same friend of mine actually uses his phone in the swimming pool and beach to take videos and photos without having to worry about water issues etc.

As for my personal experience - I once dropped my non water proof phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) into the toilet bowl and it went dead on me there after.

I guess water proof / resistant phone is a good to have rather than a nice to have, depending on the user and how they usually use their phone.

Sent from Tokyo-3 (NERV) using GAGT
Yuripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 05:58 PM   #934

Water proof/ resistant is gd. It gives u another peace of mind.

Just like we use screen protector/ cases on phone. It's to protect the phone and have less chances of screen breaking.

Without water resistant, just have to be more mindful.
Adelyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #935

I also think waterproof is good to have incase you drop you phone into water or if heavy rain.

I think the chance of me dropping my phone in the toilet bowl is higher than when i using the front camera.
Old 30-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #936
High Supremacy Member

come let me breast feed u all..
and no mater which phones said is certified water proof up to even 100 meter if the internal show water damage means no waranty.. so is good as useless.

Actually, it really depends on the phone user. I have a friend who washes his iPhone XR to clean the phone from time to time. And that same friend of mine actually uses his phone in the swimming pool and beach to take videos and photos without having to worry about water issues etc.

As for my personal experience - I once dropped my non water proof phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) into the toilet bowl and it went dead on me there after.

I guess water proof / resistant phone is a good to have rather than a nice to have, depending on the user and how they usually use their phone.

Sent from Tokyo-3 (NERV) using GAGT
Water proof/ resistant is gd. It gives u another peace of mind.

Just like we use screen protector/ cases on phone. It's to protect the phone and have less chances of screen breaking.

Without water resistant, just have to be more mindful.
I also think waterproof is good to have incase you drop you phone into water or if heavy rain.

I think the chance of me dropping my phone in the toilet bowl is higher than when i using the front camera.
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 11:51 PM   #937

and no mater which phones said is certified water proof up to even 100 meter if the internal show water damage means no waranty.. so is good as useless.

U got use a waterproof phone b4?
Old 01-07-2019, 12:22 AM   #938

https://youtu.be/sy-0gl2omFg

Check this video.waterproof/ resistant phone is not about claiming warranty after water damage or go diving with ur phone, but to make water harder to get into ur phone .

This making ur phone more likely to survive at the same condition of water exposure.

While I'm enjoying my k20pro, it's popup camera module obviously is a weak pot for water to get in very easily. Thus knowing that users of k20 should be more careful for water exposure.

Bringing it to pool side is definitely not recommend as oppose to those phone with waterproof / resistant.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:10 AM   #939
Supremacy Member

while we're on this topic..

Passer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:44 AM   #940
Master Member

I agree with you it’s of pc of mind and no matter how the phone is certified if it’s used for swimming or underwater then of cos its May get water damage.

Also water resistant like claiming of gorilla glass resistance to scratch is also will be slowly faked by age of the phone.

But there are bros who think any external fault to the phone is the the phone user fault and not fit to use the phone, be it dropping it a phone or getting water damage

https://youtu.be/sy-0gl2omFg

Check this video.waterproof/ resistant phone is not about claiming warranty after water damage or go diving with ur phone, but to make water harder to get into ur phone .

This making ur phone more likely to survive at the same condition of water exposure.

While I'm enjoying my k20pro, it's popup camera module obviously is a weak pot for water to get in very easily. Thus knowing that users of k20 should be more careful for water exposure.

Bringing it to pool side is definitely not recommend as oppose to those phone with waterproof / resistant.
davidwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:52 AM   #941
Master Member

Actually you are very oxymoron on one hand you are readily bearing down on ppl caution of protruding camera get damage, saying if scare don’t get this and get a ugly notch screen phone, or claiming water resistance is overrated as a phone user one should not be dropping the phone or getting the phone wet, yet yourself is getting a screen protector and try to get it look as original (naked ). Should you have the same thinking that all screen protector are over rated as phone user should not be dropping the phone or getting the phone in contact with a sharp object. According to you if such things happen, the user also not fit to use a phone also lol

Last edited by davidwong; 01-07-2019 at 07:34 AM..
Old 01-07-2019, 08:10 AM   #942

hmm even flat screen also got such prob? i thought only curve screen got prob with sp
because the "flat" screen is not 101% flat
dodongdodong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:26 AM   #943
Master Member

Achieving great strafe for gcam for k series but still not ripe yet still need some work
Old 01-07-2019, 08:36 AM   #944

because the "flat" screen is not 101% flat
Nowadays the flat screen phones are 2.5D. means there's a slight curve at the edges.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #945

I just felt that is a pity that k20 pro is not waterproof not because they have movable part but is just that did not build it waterproof as OnePlus 7 pro shown that even with movable part,waterproof is still possible.

On the other hand, lets say in situation I purchased s10 that claim is waterproof and I accidentally drop it into toilet bowl and stop working, at least I still have 50/50 chance to fight with Samsung for warranty.
Reavl is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.