HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Redmi Note 7

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2019, 10:04 AM   #46
Arch-Supremacy Member

wow so is fake 48mp! better wait for pro then
It depends whether you are expecting this phone to act like a $200 or $2000 phone. If all you do is post on social media, I don't see the big fuss over this. Besides, within the same price category, daylight (48mp) and low light (12mp pixel binning ) is perfectly acceptable to me.
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

It depends whether you are expecting this phone to act like a $200 or $2000 phone. If all you do is post on social media, I don't see the big fuss over this. Besides, within the same price category, daylight (48mp) and low light (12mp pixel binning ) is perfectly acceptable to me.
Not forgetting the memory space of each picture file, which is why I am guessing pro might release with 128gb. But then again, Mi may not agree else Redmi phones are almost as good as their Mi phones already..
I am more kiasee, wait for global rom then join the users bah. And I am actually skeptical if Mi Singapore will follow the 18 months warranty when it's official release here....

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #48
Supremacy Member

U also still using RMN4 too? Me is using it as my daily phone lor.

I was thinking along that too. But watching Lei Jun's video how he strongly encourage users not to use screen protector and assuring the R&D has ensure good scratch/drop proof...
Because I was and amd still using RMN4, thats why cannot relate to the free casing.

RMN7 camera seems to be slightly lose to F1 under bright lights? I be curious night shots comparison, because Lei Jun is quite confident for RMN7 night shots are not bad for the RM series.
But no matter how good a glass is, a fine sand is enough to make a scratch on it and it severely affect the resale value. I intend to sell it after a week or two so if there's a small defect so it's a risk I can't take but if you intend to use it for a long time then it shouldn't matter too much.

Its a real 48mp but after pixel binning, it will output 12mp images just like how the 40mp sensor on the P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro output 10mp images. A 12mp 1.6um image is much better than 48mp 0.8um in lowlight.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #49
High Supremacy Member

Sg any place can buy ready stock now?

Jap Drama Club:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=1396439

SEA Films:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=3088521

MaRio StRikE!!!

I'm not giving up any chances ah tiong chiong ah!!!!

TiOnGSquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 12:40 PM   #50
Supremacy Member

Sg any place can buy ready stock now?
Can check Qoo10 finer.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #51

Non ufs memory a bigger deal imo, affect user experience/ performance. Ufs memory phones are quicker and more responsive which improve the overall experience

Donít think redmi line would ever get features such as ufs memory, nfc, water resistant due to segmentation

Last edited by chaiscool; 13-01-2019 at 01:37 PM..
chaiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 04:49 PM   #52

Non ufs memory a bigger deal imo, affect user experience/ performance. Ufs memory phones are quicker and more responsive which improve the overall experience

Don’t think redmi line would ever get features such as ufs memory, nfc, water resistant due to segmentation
Redmi Note 7 was introduced just two days ago, but the official announcement missed to mention an important feature - the ports and buttons have watertight seals. Xiaomi's CEO, Lei Jun now confirmed that on Weibo.

He says that the engineering team put a lot of effort to design watertight seals for all the weak points of the handset - the SIM card tray, USB-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, the buttons and you can even find some around the camera module. Moreover, there's a membrane on the loudspeaker as well.
mankind66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 05:13 PM   #53
Honorary Member

in the video he said it's rainwater and sweat resistant .... but cannot put in water tank
Krabs. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 11:41 PM   #54
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am looking forward to this phone, seriously considered the Note 6 Pro, but now will instead wait a couple weeks for the Note 7 and then see how if have CNY sale or not.
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 10:22 AM   #55

U also still using RMN4 too? Me is using it as my daily phone lor.

I was thinking along that too. But watching Lei Jun's video how he strongly encourage users not to use screen protector and assuring the R&D has ensure good scratch/drop proof...
Because I was and amd still using RMN4, thats why cannot relate to the free casing.

RMN7 camera seems to be slightly lose to F1 under bright lights? I be curious night shots comparison, because Lei Jun is quite confident for RMN7 night shots are not bad for the RM series.
the youtube camera comparison is most likely fake~ there are many similar youtube photo comparison channels w/o showing the actual phones and w/o doing video comparison~ most china phone photos hv watermark features, why conveniently turn off~?

the photos that they are showcasing are random places of all over the world~ surely, the "reviewer" won't travel to different countries just to do a photo comparison of two phones~

sunsetbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #56
Honorary Member

the youtube camera comparison is most likely fake~ there are many similar youtube photo comparison channels w/o showing the actual phones and w/o doing video comparison~ most china phone photos hv watermark features, why conveniently turn off~?

the photos that they are showcasing are random places of all over the world~ surely, the "reviewer" won't travel to different countries just to do a photo comparison of two phones~
they take the official media release photos from XM and make a video slideshow out of it for viewcount
Krabs. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 06:41 PM   #57
Supremacy Member

Weekend 250 now finer sell 219!
Tokieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #58

Weekend 250 now finer sell 219!
250 was 64gb right ? 219 now is 32gb and 64 is now 274
chaiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #59
Arch-Supremacy Member

The price is close to China's price and with coupon it's less, but I would rather wait till official global rom is released.
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #60
Supremacy Member

250 was 64gb right ? 219 now is 32gb and 64 is now 274
haha yeah forgot the option thing
Tokieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.