HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Redmi Note 8 pro Chinese ROM to global ROM?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2020, 04:18 AM   #1

Redmi Note 8 pro Chinese ROM to global ROM?

Can go Xiaomi service centre do or any other place got tis service? Yest both my max 2 and tis can't log in with password? Gotta wipe all data to do a reset now Google playstore all gone.😭
Gundam_seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:09 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

why would they bother with your imported set
yusoffb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:29 AM   #3
Master Member

Anything to do with security unlocking, Xiaomi service centre will not do.... even for local sets.

Coz the first thing everyone will be suspicious ... is this a stolen or reported lost set?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m just sharing my experience here...

Went to service centre before to repair power switch button... they will want you to unlock the phone if can power up for visual check. If cannot power up they will plug in charger let it charge for a few minutes then ask you to unlock.

Before accepting check-in they may ask you to produce copy of receipt to verify warranty then tell you terms and condition, about water damage and estimate charges, they will also tell you they will not be responsible for data loss if you did not backup your phone.... blah blah blah ....standard policy I guess...

For your case.... I assume no chance.

The only possible choice is... go back to your seller and see whether they can help reset the phone...

Last edited by Anything_Whatever; 09-06-2020 at 06:54 AM..
Anything_Whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:52 AM   #4

Anything to do with security unlocking, Xiaomi service centre will not do.... even for local sets.

Coz the first thing everyone will be suspicious ... is this a stolen or reported lost set?

Donít get me wrong, Iím just sharing my experience here...

Went to service centre before to repair power switch button... they will want you to unlock the phone if can power up for visual check. If cannot power up they will plug in charger let it charge for a few minutes then ask you to unlock.

Before accepting check-in they may ask you to produce copy of receipt to verify warranty then tell you terms and condition, about water damage and estimate charges, they will also tell you they will not be responsible for data loss if you did not backup your phone.... blah blah blah ....standard policy I guess...

For your case.... I assume no chance.

The only possible choice is... go back to your seller and see whether they can help reset the phone...
I bought it on Qoo10 without realising its a China rom sent from china 😧
Why miui can't unlock the phone with a pc?
It's not possible that I hav gotten the wrong password . Wonderin hw I got lock out in the 1st place and on 2 phones. Hw r they linked?
Old 09-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #5
Master Member

I bought it on Qoo10 without realising its a China rom sent from china ******************
Why miui can't unlock the phone with a pc?
It's not possible that I hav gotten the wrong password . Wonderin hw I got lock out in the 1st place and on 2 phones. Hw r they linked?
When the price is cheap.... it’s already a telltale sign ...
if a phone can be simply unlock by using a PC... I think many ppl will avoid coz this is major security issue.

Anyway.. go back to Qoo10 seller and check with them see whether they can help coz no one here is able to help you ...

Last edited by Anything_Whatever; 09-06-2020 at 08:07 AM..
Anything_Whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:19 AM   #6
Master Member

Very likely you are sharing the same user ID on both phones or MiCloud... many instances ppl clone or transfer data from old phone to new phone and using back same ID. Then when they update some security questions or changing password on new phone, without realising it will also affect the security login for old phone when you attempt to update the old phone firmware.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #7

Very likely you are sharing the same user ID on both phones or MiCloud... many instances ppl clone or transfer data from old phone to new phone and using back same ID. Then when they update some security questions or changing password on new phone, without realising it will also affect the security login for old phone when you attempt to update the old phone firmware.
Been usin both since the note 8 pro arrived in Nov with no prob.yest rebooted 8 pro password cannot swipe in. Tried with max 2 so same 😭
Old 09-06-2020, 08:36 AM   #8

When the price is cheap.... itís already a telltale sign ...
if a phone can be simply unlock by using a PC... I think many ppl will avoid coz this is major security issue.

Anyway.. go back to Qoo10 seller and check with them see whether they can help coz no one here is able to help you ...
I see from Qoo10 should b local set ma. Come alrdy then I on why so many Chinese apps 😅
Old 09-06-2020, 08:38 AM   #9

Now wan install Google so can't find mi app store app. Haiz headache doin whole nite can't sleep 😂
Old 09-06-2020, 08:55 AM   #10

Finally got playstore installed. Hope no more probs. Tks everyone . Shag 😅

Last edited by Gundam_seed; 12-06-2020 at 02:28 AM..
Old 09-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #11

So you made new Mi Account?
minuteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 12:14 PM   #12

Been usin both since the note 8 pro arrived in Nov with no prob.yest rebooted 8 pro password cannot swipe in. Tried with max 2 so same 😭
You talking about Mi account? Its either you totally forgotten your PW, or your account has been hacked... Did you even try the forgotten password?
hkchew03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:27 AM   #13

You talking about Mi account? Its either you totally forgotten your PW, or your account has been hacked... Did you even try the forgotten password?
Its the phone lock swipe password. Both can't open using the usual swipe
Old 12-06-2020, 07:00 AM   #14

Its the phone lock swipe password. Both can't open using the usual swipe
This sound like you suddenly forgotten your password overnight. Or someone you know changed it? Mi acc doesn't use swipe log in.

Posted from PCWX using Mi Note 10
hkchew03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.