Redmi Note 9

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MIUI is insanely heavy, no wonder the generous ram. My 9S now has 1GB out of 6GB free and i've closed all apps lol.
You have many background processes ijjit? I always have around 3-4GB free on my RN9Pro, even after opening many apps.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android RAM (and windows PC ram) is supposed to be used ALL then new app loadings will replace those already opened in the RAM for max speed performance. So it's not about how much RAM "left" or "unused"... RAM performs its best when the entire RAM is being used up...

what school did you come from?

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have many background processes ijjit? I always have around 3-4GB free on my RN9Pro, even after opening many apps.

Kind of i think but even then it was usually between 1.5 - 2.2 gb free. I think the MIUI 12 update could be the cause. My Poco F2 Pro on Android 11 now also quite a bit of bugs and the phone feels a lot less fluid and the ram usage seems to be high too. Even just reboot it dropped to 2.2gb, previously on Android 10 even sitting around for days, it's about 2.8gb.

Xiaomi give update fast but i wish it was less buggy. I still find the system run best on the MIUI version out of the box. So Android 11 is the last OS it will get right?

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kind of i think but even then it was usually between 1.5 - 2.2 gb free. I think the MIUI 12 update could be the cause. My Poco F2 Pro on Android 11 now also quite a bit of bugs and the phone feels a lot less fluid and the ram usage seems to be high too. Even just reboot it dropped to 2.2gb, previously on Android 10 even sitting around for days, it's about 2.8gb.

Xiaomi give update fast but i wish it was less buggy. I still find the system run best on the MIUI version out of the box. So Android 11 is the last OS it will get right?
I have received the MIUI12 update for my phone. So far so good, RAM usage and performance comparable to the stock MIUI11. Given their release cycle, quite possibly 1 OS update.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
eh yall got disabled all "recommendations"/ads in your MIUI anot? :o
I find disabling all ads can help a lot in battery power management ****.
Then dun forget hor, 有事没事就tap tap 一下 RAM JET/cleaner to clear ram clear rubbish :o

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then dun forget hor, 有事没事就tap tap 一下 RAM JET/cleaner to clear ram clear rubbish :o

I googled how to and if it was possible to disable ads before i buy their phones so the moment i get it, i just go all out and disabled everything first.

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have received the MIUI12 update for my phone. So far so good, RAM usage and performance comparable to the stock MIUI11. Given their release cycle, quite possibly 1 OS update.

Oh MIUI 12 on Android 10 is not so bad although i still prefer 11. I didn't notice anything weird in performance until now.

I read that they are giving Android 11 although later on they say they didn't say that.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh MIUI 12 on Android 10 is not so bad although i still prefer 11. I didn't notice anything weird in performance until now.

I read that they are giving Android 11 although later on they say they didn't say that.

there is an ultra battery saving mode, turn it on your phone can standby for one month per charge.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't pretty much most savvy MIUI users do this first when setting up their phone? :D:s13:

*ahem*XiaomiADBFastbootTool*ahem* - for anyone who'd want to go deeper then just disabling stuff in UI.

eip1234

Reaction score
what school did you come from?

😁 From a band 3 school ... 🤣🤣🤣. No need to thank me in future ...

Looking at how much RAM left or unused is relatively meaningless ...

RAM is for apps to run, then subsequently they become "garbage". Bigger RAM can hold more garbage henceforth more apps/processes can be opened and stored. They will be quicker to recall when needed, rather than open again.

Then said, Android has its memory management policies such that it would limit the number of processes kept running in RAM.

So upon reaching a certain RAM capacity, "extra space" would not help much ... The "garbage collection" process has been preset.

If you are really obsessed of unused RAM, you can reduce the number of processes allowed; the setting is at the Developer Option. You'll then see lesser RAM used hence more free RAM will be seen.

In this way, more reading, writing, overwriting etc will happen when launching apps. That will reduce the performance of the OS and increase battery consumption.

Therefore as a whole, RAM is supposed to be used up as much as possible. More apps or processes to be kept at the background such that overall performance will be improved.

However, battery consumption will also be increased.

Hence it's a balancing act between performance and power consumption ...

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

RAM is for apps to run, then subsequently they become "garbage". Bigger RAM can hold more garbage henceforth more apps/processes can be opened and stored. They will be quicker to recall when needed, rather than open again.

Then said, Android has its memory management policies such that it would limit the number of processes kept running in RAM.

So upon reaching a certain RAM capacity, "extra space" would not help much ... The "garbage collection" process has been preset.

If you are really obsessed of unused RAM, you can reduce the number of processes allowed; the setting is at the Developer Option. You'll then see lesser RAM used hence more free RAM will be seen.

In this way, more reading, writing, overwriting etc will happen when launching apps. That will reduce the performance of the OS and increase battery consumption.

Therefore as a whole, RAM is supposed to be used up as much as possible. More apps or processes to be kept at the background such that overall performance will be improved.

That greg is suan siao you. :o Anyway good explanation. :o

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://shopee.sg/product/2856708/4434057947?smtt=0.728164-1607505357.9

Just curious how do I certify the one year warranty is recognize by Singapore xiaomi?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

limjialok

Reaction score
https://shopee.sg/product/2856708/4434057947?smtt=0.728164-1607505357.9

Just curious how do I certify the one year warranty is recognize by Singapore xiaomi?

from the seller listing, its a export set with SELLER 1 month warranty instead of xiaomi. Therefore will not be recognized by Singapore xiaomi

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. Hmm RMN9P like not many discounts going around hor.

RLWZ21

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. Hmm RMN9P like not many discounts going around hor.

12.12 coming just wait till then. For now just add those u think is worth the price into your wishlist and on the day itself see which one is the cheapest den go get it.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

amount of RAM is very important.

too much RAM won't make your phone faster - waste of money and battery life.

too little RAM will make your phone crawls when launching new apps. -- something to do with memory management.

it is better to keep free RAM of at least 500MB to avoid lags in opening new apps. if playing games, then you need more free RAMs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.