Redmi Note 9

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any way to find out what is taking up all the cpu time? i have a feeling it is an app because typing on the keyboard once it is enabled is fast, it is just after switching to a window, the time taken before you gain control is very long

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any way to find out what is taking up all the cpu time? i have a feeling it is an app because typing on the keyboard once it is enabled is fast, it is just after switching to a window, the time taken before you gain control is very long

what is the free RAM available when this happened? you can use the bottom left icon ( a square icon) to find out.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sausage, cannot be one
Your N9 should be faster than my N8P.N8P also has mediatek chip. I installed 10 apps. it is still fast for me. Logically speaking, your N9 should be faster than my N8P.
I suggest you format/reset the phone and try again

Are you saying G90T 6gb ram is faster than G85 4gb ram?

I have redmi 10x which is same as redmi note 9, it is not laggy, but I don't think my phone will be faster than yours.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
immediately after the lag, when i press the square button to check, it says 1.6gb of 3gb available

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
immediately after the lag, when i press the square button to check, it says 1.6gb of 3gb available

Then it is not memory issue. My 4gb ram redmi 10x also has 1.5gb available.

Last edited:

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, rebooted phone and monitor again and after 1 week with all apps closed, available ram is slowly dropping again now to 1.4GB free, at some point, it will hit even 1GB. Imagine this is even after i set to close background apps after screen goes off.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got wakelock detector to see what is taking up process time but it needs rooting. Any alternative apps?

Sent from Xiaomi M2003J15SC using GAGT

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suggest just do factory reset and install only the minimal apps. Should solve your problem. 3gb ram is not a lot. Maybe you have too many apps on your phone.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My photos effectively brand new with less than 10 apps installed

Sent from Xiaomi M2003J15SC using GAGT

Project_Xco

Reaction score
Hmmm, rebooted phone and monitor again and after 1 week with all apps closed, available ram is slowly dropping again now to 1.4GB free, at some point, it will hit even 1GB. Imagine this is even after i set to close background apps after screen goes off.

sounds like memory leak.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

set to close background apps after screen goes off - it only works for the well-behaved apps, it won't close all the background apps, some poorly written app or those apps with ill intention will still run and occupy RAM space.

caesium5

Reaction score
Looking for Screen Protector

Hi, just bought a Redmi Note 9 and a Redmi Note 9 Pro. Anyone using a glass protector that can recommend?

I went to Shoppe and the naming looks weird to me, something like Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. I'm actually confused.

Thanks in advance for the help.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, just bought a Redmi Note 9 and a Redmi Note 9 Pro. Anyone using a glass protector that can recommend?

I went to Shoppe and the naming looks weird to me, something like Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. I'm actually confused.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I thought all note9 come with glass protector film - factory installed.

caesium5

Reaction score
Yes, I can see a very thin sheet of screen protector but I guess it is like a very thin plastic film.

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
set to close background apps after screen goes off - it only works for the well-behaved apps, it won't close all the background apps, some poorly written app or those apps with ill intention will still run and occupy RAM space.

Could be but its happening only after i updated to MIUI 12. I didn't factory reset though but i think most people here also never. The thing is, my Poco F2 Pro came with MIUI 12 and it's fine for most parts, then now Android 11 is buggy like hell.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.